Forums

The Monolith

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276

Orcris

Orcris

Posts: 1,169 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm rather curious as to how I could really be rewarded except more adds heh. I might have it figured out, however I hardly am able to give the deductive thought effort I once did due to lack of time. Which is unfortunate, and now I plan on rereading all of it to figure this out if I must! However I wish to know if it has anything to do with aquaregis in the first version of the story(as in resembling of his...situation).
I hardly have time to get on the game(especially with this mini which hardly runs it anyway) but I will do so as much as I can because I wish to speak with you again aqua. I wish I had the same amount effort to devote to figure out all your stuff Aqua, but my girlfriend sucks most the effort I have out of me(and money...). Still she's a grand blessing. However I want to start actively reading rather than reading like one passively watches a movie.
~Orcris~
~Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead.~ Darth Revan
~Est Sularis Oth Mithas~ Sturm Brightblade
~Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality~ Richter Abend
~What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger* Friedrich Nietzsche
~Who I am is not important, my message is~ Darth Revan
~Amor omnia vincit~ Virgil

08-Jul-2010 04:58:51 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2010 04:59:47 by Orcris

chrombor
Jun Member 2017

chrombor

Posts: 4,061 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Bill
Race: Gnome
Appearance: Wears bronze armor. Nobody knows what colour his eyes are, becuase he has no pupils. Has the ability to manipulate cars, but there are none in Gielinor so he's sad.
Religion: Bandosian
Alignment: Nice
History: In the third age he stole Saradomin's recliner and was banished to the continent the Monolith is on. Wants the Monolith so he can kill Saradomin.

08-Jul-2010 17:15:46 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2010 17:16:31 by chrombor

Dantalian

Dantalian

Posts: 3,434 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It was somewhat amusing.
Anyway; I will be on vacation until Wednesday, the 14th. As such, the Monolith add for next week might be delayed. I'll still try to have it up on Tuesday, but I can't promise it will be there.
If not, I will post it as soon as I get back on Wednesday night.
EDIT: Alright, only one computer here with internet connection and it's not mine. Hopefully I'll be able to find a place with free wifi. Otherwise, the add will not be up by Tuesday.
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

10-Jul-2010 19:11:43 - Last edited on 15-Jul-2010 01:05:51 by Dantalian

Dantalian

Dantalian

Ayumu looked over the leaders of the Cult of Darkness and said, “The Council, the Brotherhood, the Coven, and the Pagkosmios Cult have all contacted us about rumors claiming we are pursuing the Monolith.”
“The Eldritch Coven or the Gaian Coven?” questioned one of the Cult*s elders.
“The Gaian Coven,” replied Ayumu, “The Eldritch Coven is not the type to simply contact us and wait for our reply; they would likely use force.”
“So we are to assume that the Eldritch Coven is still unaware of our designs?” The asker was a girl in deep violet robes, who wore the black cloak common amongst the members of the Cult of Darkness.
“Actually, I had a question for you,” one of the elders told the girl, “Sophia, you are a member of the Triad are you not? Is not your presence here a conflict of interest?”
“Another high ranking member of the Cult was a member of the Triad,” Sophia countered, “Or have you forgotten?”
“I had not heard of that,” commented Liam, “Who was it?”
At this question, the elders grew silent and exchanged nervous looks.
“Your predecessor,” said Ayumu, “In fact, he joined the Triad around the same time Sophia did.*
*You mean the predecessor that no one mentions to me, there are no records of, and whom nobody will talk about when I ask them?” questioned Liam.
“It is for your own benefit we do not mention your predecessor,” said one of the Cult elders.
“There will likely come a time when we disclose the information you have asked for,” added Sophia, “But for now, please bear with it.”
“Very well,” sighed Liam, “Then, onto more pressing matters; it seems that every major magical organization is hounding us for information on the Monolith. If we admit to knowing something they will all send their own agents to try to capture it, but if we deny it and are found out, we risk running afoul of those organizations. And of course, if we stall for too long, they will assume our silence means we know something and aren’t sharing.”
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

15-Jul-2010 03:09:16

Dantalian

Dantalian

“There is something else,” ventured Ayumu, “One of our informants on the continent has discovered a thaumaturge journeying toward where we believe the Monolith is being held.”
At this announcement, the elders of the Cult begin whispering loudly to one another.
“Please be quiet,* sighed Liam. When his request had been obeyed he asked, “Do we know if she is with the Pagkosmios Cult?”
“Eighty percent of thaumaturges are associated with that cult!” exclaimed one of the elders.
“Well?” asked Liam.
“We are unsure,” replied Ayumu, “I will attempt to have her association with the Pagkosmiosians confirmed or denied shortly.”
“Do so,” sighed Liam, “We must know if they are already aware of the continent; until then, give no official response… however…”
“Yes?” asked Ayumu.
“Spread rumors that we recently followed up a lead to the ‘supposed resting place of the Monolith’, and were disappointed to find nothing more than a powerful enchanted crystal.”
“As you wish,” said Ayumu, bowing.
“That will be all,” sighed Liam, allowing the elders to disperse.

“Ah, me see, the enemies of Big High War God hide in dese caves, just like traitor goblin tribe,” proclaimed Chiptooth as he peered into the caverns.
“Are you certain?” asked one of the Void Knights.
“We would have seen the other groups if they were still in this wasteland,” the Void Knight captain pointed out . “So Chiptooth is probably correct.”
With this confirmation, the Void Knights entered the caverns with Chiptooth, who promptly sniffed at the air.
“Mm,” said the orc, “What a delish smell.”
“It smells like sulfur!” protested one of the knights.
“Salt-fur?” asked Chiptooth, “Me no know about such thing. Where you find this salt-fur? Me think it make good robes if it smell so nice."

15-Jul-2010 03:14:17

Dantalian

Dantalian

"One problem doe," Chiptooth continued, "Dis smell mean that not much water here, me still not use full magics.” Chiptooth paused and tapped his foot on the ground, then shook his head disapprovingly. “And stone too hard,” he added, “Me no able to call dead brothers here. Oh well, Big High War God protect me, now we go.”

“Did you hear something?” asked Hekate.
“Very funny, that won’t work this time,” snapped Alex.
“Oh come on,” groaned Hekate, “You’re not still mad about that incident… that was ages ago.”
“It was only five minutes ago tops!” shouted Alex.
“Don’t be such a baby,” sighed Hekate.
“Hekate,” said Linksona, “If you had told me that you heard something in a nearby corridor, and then when I went to look, knocked me face-first into bat dung, I wouldn’t trust you either.”
“Men!” Hekate exclaimed, “They can’t let bygones be bygones!”
“Do something like that again Hekate, and I will gut you,” said Chris.
“Why are you so protective of him?” asked Hekate, “Aren’t you supposed to be our enemy?”
Chris paused for a moment and replied, “Well, people going through the same hardships tend to bond together, and well, both of us have to deal with YOU.”
Hekate drew back, an offended look on her face. “Are you suggesting that I am a hardship?!” she asked in an overly dramatic fashion. “I’ve never been so insulted in all my life, why, I oughta…” she was interrupted as a series of squeaks filled the tunnel. “Ah,” she said, “There’s that sound again.”
“Wait… there really was a sound?” asked Chris.
“Of course!” shouted Hekate, “You thought I was lying?!”
“Well,” commented Chris, “Nine times out of ten you are.”
“The sound’s getting louder,” observed Linksona, “Hm, it almost sounds like… by the gods! We have to get out of here!”
“Why?” asked Alex.
As he asked, thousands of bats engulfed in fire swarmed through a nearby tunnel and began launching themselves at the group.

15-Jul-2010 03:17:25

Dantalian

Dantalian

Alex, being the least experienced in battle made his way to the bats and began slashing at them; he succeeded in taking a number of them down, but for every one he killed, it seemed another ten emerged from the tunnels. Being far more experienced, Chris realized almost immediately that Alex did*’t stand a chance and grabbing Alex by the shoulder, pulled him in the direction of one of the tunnels. Alex seemed to get the message and soon was fleeing with the rest of the group. Unfortunately, it seemed the bats were not content to let the intruders leave easily and thus pursued them into the tunnels.
It took several minutes of mindless dashing but eventually Hekate managed to lose the pursuing bats and sit down to rest.
“That was exhausting,” gasped Linksona.
“I agree,” replied Hekate, “Well at least it’s over, right Chris?”
There was no response. Looking around quickly Hekate noticed something was amiss. “Um, Linksona… have you seen Chris or Alex?”
Linksona flinched at this question. “I could’ve sworn they were right behind me… how did we get separated?”
“Well, there’s no way we can find them in here,” sighed Hekate, “I guess we just have to leave them to fend for themselves and make our way toward the exit.”
“You think they’ll be alright?” asked Linksona.
“Chris is fairly experienced… and Alex, he has a strange power about him,” replied Hekate, “So, yeah, I think they’ll be okay. For now, you and I need our rest; I’ll take the first watch.”
“Can I trust you with that?” asked Linksona.
“I may be a prankster,” replied Hekate, “But I’d never put my comrades in any real risk; you can trust me.”
“Is that so?” asked Linksona, “In that case, good night.”

15-Jul-2010 03:19:16

Dantalian

Dantalian

No comments since last time? *sigh* I know it was late, but still... "He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

21-Jul-2010 10:08:53

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276 Back to Top