Forums

The Monolith

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276

Dantalian

Dantalian

Posts: 3,434 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“What your group is doing here,” said the boy, “I can tell you're Guthixians by the symbols on your banners. Shall I simply presume that Guthix doesn’t want the Monolith to fall into anyone’s hands?”
“You’re pretty sharp,” commented Chris.
“So then, you’ve split your group in two,” mused the boy, “One part is pursuing the group that already entered the jungle, and the other is here, preventing further groups from entering. However, I doubt that your group inside the jungle will succeed… Nonetheless, we would rather not risk the casualties of attacking you, as such our group will be pulling back for now.*
*Your group?* asked Chris.
“The others chose not to reveal themselves,” sighed the boy, “For now, we will hold back, but consider yourself warned, we may feel it necessary to attack you before too long.”
Chris opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off as the boy vanished. Once the Guthixian had overcome the shock of the boy’s appearance and abrupt disappearance he went to the Void Knight captains in his group to order an increase in patrols and on-duty guards; whenever this other group’s attack came, Chris intended to be ready.

A small group of Void Knights paused in the jungle a little ways away from the Guthixian camp.
“That should be far enough,” said an aged knight, apparently acting as leader, “Now we wait.”
A moment later, Aion materialized in front of the Void Knights.
“It’s done,” he greeted, “Good to see everything went good on your end too, Sliske.”
The aged Void Knight chuckled, and with a motion of his hand stripped the illusion covering the “Void Knights” revealing them to be Usha, Jen, a mahjarret, a few pirates, and a few Zarosian soldiers.
“You’re quite capable as always, Aion” said Usha, “Although, I hadn’t expected to meet you here. Truly, our meeting was more than chance, may Zaros, Erebos, and the UNKNOWN be praised for it.”
“How odd…” commented Jen, “You people don’t act the way I thought Zarosians would.”
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

04-May-2010 19:49:50

Dantalian

Dantalian

“You’re referring to the common belief that we Zarosians are Zamorakians on steroids, I assume,” said Usha, *That we are in essence extreme sadists who would rather brutally massacre a nursery then say hello to someone passing us by on the street.”
“Err, yes,” admitted Jen.
“Sorry to disappoint,” said Usha, “But there were very few of us like that at any time, and the vast majority of them sided with the usurper. I won’t say that we’re never brutal; we certainly show little mercy to our enemies, but likewise we show nothing but kindness to our allies. We would never do something like slaughter our allies because they fell out of use, as Bilrach, one of Zamorak’s must trusted servants did.”
“I see,” said Jen, “It seems that much that I was told is not necessarily true.”
“The world works like that,” commented Sliske, “Those with power attempt to re-write the truth so as to cast themselves in better light, and ensure the loyalty of their subjects. But alas, now is not the time for such conversations, the Monolith is nearby, and we must reach it before another group does.”
“Indeed,” said Aion, “The Guthixian Chris is paranoid, and will be looking for an attack from the desert, but he is also intelligent, he may soon realize we managed to slip past, and come after us. We must make good time before that happens. Guthixians are at home in jungles and forests, and I'd rather not fight them here.”
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

04-May-2010 19:51:54

Orcris

Orcris

Posts: 1,169 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Of course the Guthixians are being foolish and the Zarosians are outsmarting them. *holds up a foam finger with Zarosian stuff adorning it* Go Zarosians!
~Orcris~
~Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead.~ Darth Revan
~Est Sularis Oth Mithas~ Sturm Brightblade
~Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality~ Richter Abend
~What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger* Friedrich Nietzsche
~Who I am is not important, my message is~ Darth Revan
~Amor omnia vincit~ Virgil

10-May-2010 18:06:14

Dantalian

Dantalian

-Memo to self: suggest Jagex start selling foam fingers with Zaros stuff on it, and request a cut of the profits.-
Ah yes, Chris' paranoia, it probably has saved his life a few times, but it can also cause problems, like when you trying to prevent intelligent people from passing. Or when you need to act aggressive for once.

11-May-2010 01:45:33

Dantalian

Dantalian

The add tonight might be a little delayed. I have a final (my last of the semester!) at 4 today, and adding that to my Dad being arrested last night, and I might not be in the right frame of mind to add (I will try though!). I beg your understanding on this. "He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

11-May-2010 20:45:00

Dantalian

Dantalian

Mrs. Pautenaude made her way out of Ardougne’s bustling marketplace and toward her home, bearing a bag of fresh vegetables in either arm. As she came within sight of her house, she was surprised to see a small group of people standing near her front door.
“It seems this is the season for visitors,” she muttered to herself as continued toward her house.
Noticing her approach, a member of the group waved and called out, “Are you Mrs. Pautenaude by chance?”
“I am,” she called back, “What brings you to my house?”
“I should answer that,” replied another member of the group. Mrs. Pautenaude looked over this new member; a young person with shoulder length silver hair and deep violet eyes. It took a moment for Mrs. Pautenaude to figure out if this person was a boy or a girl, however, she soon realized something more interesting about this person and allowed herself a smile; it seemed the day was full of surprises.
“I apologize,” she said to the new speaker as she reached the group, “But although I miss my husband dearly since his death, I do not wish for the comfort granted by an incubus’ skill.”
As she said this, the new speaker became clearly flustered, “Eh? Th-th-that’s not what I’m here for!” he protested, “Besides… I’m still…”
“A child?” suggested Mrs. Pautenaude, “Or would you prefer the phrase from your native land, “flowered”?"
“You!” exclaimed one of the other members of the group, “You’re no ordinary peasant woman, are you? Most of the people on Gielinor don’t even know about Mazoku, much less know how to identify one.”
“Don’t concern yourself with this, Darek” the incubus told his companion, “I wouldn’t come personally to speak to a normal person; you are quite capable of interviewing people that have knowledge of interest to us. This woman is Irene Pautenaude, she and her husband Aleksander were two of the most powerful mages in Yanille. However, after her husband’s death, she resigned and moved out here."

18-May-2010 21:56:04

Dantalian

Dantalian

“It seems you did your research,” said Irene, “So who are you, and what is it that you want?”
“I’m afraid I do not know the full answer to your first question,” replied the incubus, “As I have no memories of my past. However, my name is Liam Nidhogg, and I am the leader of the Cult of Darkness. As for what I want… Shall we discuss this inside?”
“Are you so worried about eavesdroppers?” asked Irene, “Haven’t you noticed?”
“Noticed what?” demanded one of Liam’s companions, however Liam motioned for him to be silent and pointed to the ground a ways off. There, sitting on the ground were a series of glowing symbols.
“Base magic sigla, I assume,” said Liam, “I have enough knowledge of them to know that making them stable in a perfect circle is no easy task. Thank you, you confirmed something for me.”
“And what was that?” asked Irene.
“I know that officially your husband died in an “accident” the reality of course is that your husband, Aleksander, or should I call him by his old code name; Crimson? He was killed by wounds suffered in a battle within the Mage’s Guild, when he and several other researchers presented their findings in Base Magic.
I had a member of the Cult in that research group, you may remember him as Aquaregis, he was quick to notice that Crimson’s theories and hunches always turned out right, even when he had no evidence to support them. Now, I finally understand why, his wife, a true master of Base Magic was guiding him, am I correct?”
“Well done!” exclaimed Irene, laughing as she did so, “I see Mephos’ skill was not lost on you! You have correctly discerned what even the members of that foolish Coven could not.*
*What is she talking about, my lord?” asked one of Liam’s companions.
“This woman, Irene,” replied Liam, “Is not human. She is one of the legendary race, the Prantiqeth.”
“What?!” questioned all of Liam’s companions.
“It is as he says,” confirmed Irene, “I am Irene, Mystic Prantiqeth of the House of Law.”

18-May-2010 21:58:42

Dantalian

Dantalian

“But given that,” said Liam, “And given that you know of the Coven’s true nature, I find it strange that you allowed your son to go on one of their dangerous missions.”
“If I continue to shelter my son, he will never mature” replied Irene, “Furthermore, as you know now, he is half-Prantiqeth, albeit much of his power is sealed, and he does not know of this. Regardless he will not be in severe danger within that land. Finally, do not think that I am the kind of mother that would put her son’s life in danger. I have ways of making sure he stays safe.”
“So that’s how it is,” mused Liam. “I see. Very well, thank you for your time Mrs. Pautenaude, we may yet be in touch. I beg your pardon for the disruption.” Having said this, Liam teleported from the house, and soon after his companions followed, leaving Mrs. Pautenaude alone once more.

18-May-2010 22:01:30

Dantalian

Dantalian

No, in this Alex is half Prantiqeth instead. And Liam is hilarious, huh? I guess some of his reactions are, but I never really thought of him that way. Oh well, glad to know he's entertaining. "He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

21-May-2010 02:17:51

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276 Back to Top