Forums

The Monolith

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276

Dantalian

Dantalian

Posts: 3,434 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“Gichoma, what are you doing?”
The supposed little girl looked up from the pot she was peering into and found herself looking at a young man with long cyan hair and sparkling blue eyes.
“Oh, Nuphar, I did*’t see you there,” replied Gichoma, “I’m just making a little surprise for our group of intruders.”
“Which one?” questioned Nuphar.
“What do you mean?” asked Gichoma.
“Two more slipped in while you were focused on making your countermeasures, and yet another is camped out at the desert-jungle border,” replied Nuphar.
“What?!” questioned Gichoma, “How did that happen?!”
“You often become so focused in one thing you lose sight of all else,” commented a man with short red hair and orange eyes as he walked into the room.
“Shut up Fountona! I’d like to see you do better!” hissed Gichoma.
“Oh, I will, since once you fail they‘ll be in my domain,” commented the newcomer.
Gichoma glared at him and shouted, “You arrogant, filthy-”
“Peace!” interrupted Nuphar, “Please remember we are allies in this endeavor, the faster we deal with the intruders the better. This is not a competition between us.”
“Sorry,” said Gichoma.
“I also apologize,” added Fountona, “I guess we both got carried away. It has been a while since we had intruders here…”
“That much is true,” agreed Nuphar, “At any rate, I will be heading to my area for a while now. If they somehow get past yours Fountona, contact me, other than that, I expect to be left alone.”
“Understood,” said Fountona.
“You don’t need to worry, they’ll be dead soon enough,” added Gichoma.
“I’d prefer to drive them away rather than killing them,” sighed Nuphar, before teleporting away.
Once he was gone, Fountona walked over to Gichoma, and asked, “So what do you have planned?”
“You remember that Hekate girl?” asked Gichoma.
“The dangerous one you told us about earlier?” said Fountona, “Yeah, what about her?”
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

26-May-2010 11:08:53

Dantalian

Dantalian

“I thought these would be a good weapon against her,” said Gichoma showing the contents of the pot to Fountona.
“Wow,” commented Fountona, “They are one of the two weaknesses of the Mazoku after all…”
“Exactly!” exclaimed Gichoma, “Now to just make a few more modifications…”

“Lord Dentro, we found something odd,” said one of the Void Knights, “It appears man-made.”
“Truly?” asked Dentro, “Very well, let me see.*
The Void Knight led him to a small clearing in which there was a large metallic object covered in vines.
*What do you suppose it is?” asked the Void Knight.
“An excellent question,” said Dentro, “It is clearly not from around here. And look at the shape of the metal; it was clearly wrought by mortal hands. But what could it be doing out here?”

-Sensors indicates lingering organisms.- With this message, the ancient processors within the Scavenger WS-3 flared to life. Several times over the centuries, its processors had done this, although mostly in response to the surrounding flora beginning to block direct sunlight from reaching its solar panels. Of the few times that they had been alerted to the presence of lingering organisms, the organisms had proven not to be viable threats.
This time was different. The organisms seemed humanoid in nature and possessed several weapons, unsophisticated weapons of course, but weapons nonetheless. Furthermore, while it would take a while, the weapons could potentially damage the Scavenger’s structural integrity. On top of this, the group of organisms could inform others of their kind about the Scavenger’s location, and thus bring a force which could pose a significant threat.
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

26-May-2010 11:12:01

Dantalian

Dantalian

Given this, the Scavenger’s algorithms quickly decided on eliminating the entire group of organisms, and begun running a diagnostic of weapon statuses;
Flamethrower Status: Out of Fuel
Laser Status: Lens Damaged
Rocket Launcher Status: Out of Ammo
Dissembler Claws: Operational
Sonic Infantry Suppressor: Operational
Electric Muscular Disruption Gun: Operational

Less than ideal for a battle situation, but given the low sophistication of its opponents’ weapons, it was highly unlikely that the Scavenger was going to fail in its goal to eliminate the whole group. Given this, it began to reroute power from its high-capacity batteries into its weapon and movement systems.

“Lord Dentro, something’s happening!” shouted one of the Void Knights.
Dentro resisted the urge to point out that anyone could tell this since the metal object had begun to light up in several areas. Before the Void Knights or Dentro could react, a ear-splitting shriek filled the air; the intensity of which was great enough to cause the Void Knight’s ears to bleed, and resulting in all of the Guthixians besides Dentro covering their ears and falling to the ground in pain.
As they were trying to recover, the metal object lifted itself up, tearing the vines covering it and revealing four metallic limbs. Before any of the fallen knights had a chance to stand it had lunged onto one of them. Once there it stabbed two of its limbs into his chest cavity and pulled its limbs apart, ripping the Void Knight’s body and producing a sound not dissimilar from the one made when cloth is torn.
“Get out of here!” ordered Dentro, “I’ll handle this thing.”

26-May-2010 11:15:28

Dantalian

Dantalian

The Void Knights did*’t need to be told twice, and quickly turned to flee. Before they could all escape though, a bolt of lightning fired from the metallic object, filling the air with static and striking one of the fleeing knights; throwing him to the ground unconscious. Immediately thereafter, the object fell upon the knight and tore him apart as it had done his companion.
While the object was thus occupied, Dentro summoned a spire of stone from the ground. The spire slammed into the object*s side and knocked it over, leaving a visible dent as it did so.

-Warning: Anomaly in Natural Laws Detected.- The Scavenger’s processors understood this message quickly; while it was difficult to use technologic means to detect the use of magic, the Etyon scientists had realized such a capability was necessary to overcome a magically apt foe like the Prantiqeth. Billions of Etyon credits had been spent on researching a method to do so before one group of scientists had finally developed an extremely complicated piece of hardware which looked for events inconsistent with scientific laws. The device wasn’t foolproof; it wouldn’t note events that were done with magic, but in such a way that there was a scientific explanation for them, and it would mark certain events done with extremely advanced technology as being magical in origin, but with a 90% accuracy rate it was effective enough to be made a required modification for all war machines being sent against Prantiqeth targets.

26-May-2010 11:33:18

Dantalian

Dantalian

The Scavenger quickly began to search for the source of the anomaly, and quickly was given another anomaly message; its visual sensors detected the presence of a cloaked man not far away, but its infrared scanners detected no significant difference in temperature between the cloaked man and his surroundings. Running a chemical analysis on the area quickly ruled out the possibility that the man’s cloak was simply an advanced insulator, and allowed for no possibilities other than magic was somehow preventing a body heat reading.

Dentro watched as the metallic object remained still for a few moments, waiting for its next move. As he watched a bolt of lightning shot from it, filling the air with the smell of ozone as it struck Dentro square in the chest. The earth mage did*’t even flinch, instead calling up another spire and slamming the already large dent in the object** body, knocking it back with a loud clang. Unlike his men, Dentro realized the object was an Etyon machine and knew that if he could form even a small break in its shielding, he could put it out of commission.
The machine righted itself and lunged at Dentro, who quickly sidestepped. Still, the resulting force of the machine slamming into the ground shook the surrounding area, and left a large dent in the jungle floor. Without a moment‘s hesitation, Dentro caused a series of spires to slam into the machine’s hull. With a bit of luck one of the spire’s broke a hole in the area Dentro had damaged before, and immediately, the earth mage sent a pillar of copper-rich dirt into the hole.

26-May-2010 11:36:04

Dantalian

Dantalian

The moment the pillar of dirt entered its hull, a series of messages were sent to the Scavaenger‘s Processors:
-Error: Power Drainage Detected; Attempting to Diagnose Problem.-
-Error: Power Critically Low; Return to Viable Power Source Immediately.-
-Error: Main Batteries at 0% Power, Auxiliary Power Low.-
-Erro-
As the last of the machine’s power drained through the makeshift ground Dentro had created, the machine’s lights went dim, and it became still. Seeing this, Dentro breathed a sigh of relief. He had not expected machines the Etyon had left behind to still be operational. If he had known, he would have had his men better trained and equipped to handle such a threat. Well, it wasn’t too late to bring them up to speed, of course, he would first have to find them.
Focusing, Dentro began communicating with the plants in the jungle, and soon found out where his knights had run off to. Without hesitating, he made his way toward them.

26-May-2010 11:37:39

Dantalian

Dantalian

~~~~~~~~
You do realize I will have to do stuff in the other chapters in order to lead up to that, right?
Anyway, large add tonight.

26-May-2010 11:38:37

[#0DQ1UONZ0]

[#0DQ1UONZ0]

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
heres a bio

name:linksona dahad sandmeler or link
race:half giant half human and do to mutation half hawk
look:red hair,strange gray eyes and scar barely visible on his forehead.you cant see it because his hair is covering it
clothing:sandstone platebody and legs recently reinforced with granite so it doesn't ruin in the rain.golden full helmet with silver silk tuffs from the top as in most models.granite shield
weapons:carry's daggers in his belt and boot. mainly uses his granite,sandstone and a white-gray claymore,he holds two cutlasses in a scabbard on his back.
alignment:good
other items:maps of most all area's,has a folded up dungeneering cape. a few other things
history:his mother a giant his father a normal human,he was raised in daemionhain and was trained by the best. he made a deal with a hawk that it would do as he said but the hawk used magic bonding it to him he can summon familars unknown by most humans. uses level 4-5 gate magic.currently is looking for the monolith to help his brother (he doesn't know its full power)
dislikes:people making fun of his eyes
former/current occupation: traveler and slayer

31-May-2010 16:29:08

Dantalian

Dantalian

An interesting bio, although the lack of capitalization severely annoyed my Grammar 'Nazi side.
Still, I think I'll put it in, either in the add after today's or two adds after today's.
EDIT: One thing though, a mage of the fourth to fifth gate would have to specialize in an element; air, water, earth or fire. Which does he specialize in?

01-Jun-2010 19:49:39 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2010 19:51:12 by Dantalian

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276 Back to Top