Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"What is it?" asked Esther. Sometimes Ihrbakka dragged things out too long for her liking.
"He must not give the Mantle," Ihrba*ka replied. "The results would be catastrophic."
"Who seeks the Mantle?"
Ihrba*ka's face darkened. "A traitor," was his reply. "One that has been working against him all this time."
"You're not going to tell us who it is?"
Ihrba*ka seemed to be staring off into space, and minutes went by without any response at all. Finally, he sighed and said, "This is the way it must be."
Esther shivered at that statement. Something was definitely wrong here. "Will Zaros...will we lose?"
Ihrba*ka sat beside Esther. "Things will work out in the end," he answered. "You must have faith in Zaros."
Esther smiled, satisfied. "I do," she replied.
"His desire is to protect the two of you. Or should I say, the three of you."
Esther looked at him. "Of course you know, I just haven't told Zaros yet. I really wanted to ask you about it first..."
"It's a boy," Ihrba*ka replied before she could ask. "Zaros's first son."
Esther smiled. "I didn't want to add any worries to what he already has."
"It can wait. He'll be home soon, by the way. In fact, he's leaving Freneskae right about now."
"He is?"
"Yes, I came to inform General Zamorak."
"He's just finishing up his speech."
"I have good timing, then," Ihrba*ka said with a wink. "Farewell, my Queen."
Ihrba*ka turned and walked away from the courtyard, into the palace. As soon as the mahogany doors closed behind him, Ihrba*ka staggered sideways into the wall.
"It must be this way," he panted, his breathing picking up. "It has to be."
He punched the stone wall in rage, leaving a web of cracks in it. "Curse you!" he yelled. "Why must I steal life?"
Tears were streaming down the genie's face. "Think of the future," he whispered, and started to calm himself down. "This is the only way."
Ihrba*ka suddenly left the hallway. His face was back to normal by the time he met Zamorak.

12-Jul-2009 21:43:39

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

-------------------------------------------------
Ihrba*ka left the Palace late that night, after briefing General Zamorak as to Zaros's situation. He stood on the northern wall, out of sight, and he looked down into the courtyard. Calina was long since in bed, but Esther was still outside. She was bathed in the moonlight as she gazed into the silent pool.
Ihrba*ka was saddened every time he watched the peaceful Queen. "This is my final Wish," he said finally, after he had taken enough emotional battering. Then, silently, he leapt over the side of the wall and went into the city.
--------------------------------------------------
The cave was silent in the cool night. The moon was nearly full tonight, casting an eerie glow across the forest. This area was far off the beaten path, ensuring that stray eyes would not cast their gaze on the multitude staying in the cave.
"Here he comes!" called Malak from the entrance.
Drakan joined him and looked out into the forest. Sure enough, a shadow was moving swiftly between the trees, coming directly for them. It was a man clothed in a dark cloak, the leader.
He climbed the small incline to the cave. "My friends, our time is at hand," was the first thing he said.
"We've held back our operations at your command," Drakan replied. "Why did you ask us to stop?"
"It's all part of the plan. Zaros is on his way back, so we must be prepared to strike soon after he returns."
"Easier said than done," Malak shot back. "Zaros is extremely well guarded."
"You underestimate how many have joined our cause. My plan is already in motion. I have already sprung a trap that will draw Azzanadra away from Senntisten. With him gone, Zaros will have only Sliske and Spyridon to help him."
Drakan smiled. "This could work. What do we do?"
"You will lay seige to the city of Dareeyak in five days. You will hold it for a day, and then return to Senntisten to cast the finishing blow on Zaros."

12-Jul-2009 22:22:19

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The man looked around at the group. "Fifteen remain?" he questioned. "Even with such few numbers, you will be able to lay seige to the city. Remember, you are facing only humans."
Drakan nodded. "We will bring honor back to the name of Raldeir."
"And the Age of Mahjarrat will arise once again," finished Malak.
"This will take perfect timing. Don't let us down, Drakan," the man ordered.
"You have my word."
The master turned to leave. "I must return to Senntisten. The plan is almost ready to begin. Good luck, Sons of Raldeir."
"Good luck."
The man emerged into the moonlight, leaving behind the surviving Sons of Raldeir. The wind had started blowing, moving the leaves of the trees as he passed. The Secret Forest, the locals called this place, just southwest of Dareeyak. How appropriate, he thought. They had no idea the true secrets that lurked within.
Finally, the man was out of sight of the cave, and he reached the empty road. "Time to get this thing going," Hazeel said to himself as he lowered his hood.
He walked down the path toward Senntisten.
--------------------------------------------------------
Zaros made few sounds as he approached the village of Lora. He had spent a week training with Tsugon, and was planning on making a quick trip back to the gate. However, earlier this morning, Tsugon had received a message from the Lora that told how Koelthaer, the enemy Xinadi from before, was waiting for Zaros in order to get his vengeance over the death of his student. Therefore, Zaros had felt a return to be necessary.
Koelthaer, true to his word, was waiting in the middle of the village. He laughed as he noticed Zaros approaching. 'You actually showed up,' he said.
"I had to honor your request," Zaros replied.
'These Lora scum are ready for us to get started,' Koelthaer laughed. Zaros looked around, and he saw that the Lora were watching from within their huts.
"Let's not dissappoint them," Zaros said finally, and the battle had begun.

12-Jul-2009 22:58:31

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ithba*ka's maybe not *that* bad after all... though it does make one wonder, *why* does he have to do this and not try and change it for the better? Is it really necessary to sacrifice Zaros and his family (I'm assuming this is where the story is going, though i hope i'm wrong)?
Does anyone else thinks i'm asking too much into a story?

13-Jul-2009 05:31:06

Iceranqe

Iceranqe

Posts: 3,148 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I know what Ihrba*ka is trying to do. Zaros has to die so he wont take part in the coming godwars. Then, when it's done, he may return and all gods are gone. he has Gielinor for himself then... Sounds plausible.

13-Jul-2009 10:00:47

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He knows the future will be destroyed if Zaros stays. He must make it happen but he hates the fact that so many shall die. But he sees nonetheless that this is the best path to take. Even if it does mean a terrible war, genocide, millions of deaths and misery.
This is for the win. Will you continue into the godwars after this is done? I can't wait for the next post though. This is probably the only thread I return to read later posts from. Others are good but reading half and half is rubbish. This has got me gripped. =P

13-Jul-2009 22:06:05

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top