Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zemouregal responded instantly. The turned the air around him to smoke, forming a thin shield, only strong enough as he could throw together in a split second. Sliske's arm morphed into a green snake, which bit at the shield. The bite caused ripples of green in the smoke shield, but it didn't get through to Zemouregal's skin. Sliske kept right on running, out of the building and into the street.
"You call that an attack?" taunted Zemouregal, using his powers to break free of the serpent's grasp. "You could have taken a better shot than that!"
Then, suddenly, the green started mixing with the smoke. Immediately following that, Zemouregal's skin started to burn. Sliske had mixed an acid into his shield, and now that acid was burning away at Zemouregal's flesh.
Zemouregal cursed as he brewed up a fierce wind that carried the acid away into the wall. The acid began to eat away at the stone, and Zemouregal had to curse again as the house fell in on him.
Sliske heard the building collapse from several blocks away. He sprinted down the streets, trying to lose his pursuer. The building part was a bonus, but everything still only bought him time. He had to find a way to bring down Zemouregal for good.
Another crash resounded through the city, and it was followed closely by Zemouregal's roar of rage. Sliske ducked inside another building as Zemouregal jumped onto the rooftops, scanning the streets for his prey.
"I'll get you, Sliske!" he bellowed. "Come on out and spare us all the trouble!"
Zemouregal jumped from building to building, continuing the taunts, but to no avail. Sliske wasn't about to emerge from his hiding place. Then, the city was rocked by another explosion. Sliske chanced a short glance outside, and then he saw small stones falling from the sky. He realized what had happened. Zemouregal was blasting houses at random.

21-Oct-2009 04:34:48

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Another building suddenly shattered with the brutal force of Zemouregal's attack. Sliske ducked back inside. Zemouregal was still a few blocks away from him. He had some time to think.
Then, a building exploded far closer. Sliske spun on the spot, and he saw a dark cloud of smoke floating toward his building. He cursed under his breath. The smoke was searching for him. It would find him, and Zemouregal wouldn't be far behind.
The smoke leaked into the building, and Sliske scurried out of the window on the other side. He was greeted by another blast of dark wind. It hit the side of his face with the force of a hurled boulder, and it sent him soaring through the air down the alleyway. Sliske rolled to his feet, just in time to see Zemouregal charging his way.
Sliske tensed; escape was not an option this time. He closed his eyes and used his magic. Suddenly, the walls and ground before him shattered, releasing shadow serpents. They came from every direction, and Zemouregal barely had time to wrap his skin with a thick smoke barrier to guard from their bites. Instead, the web of snakes ensnared him, pinning him in place.
“You’re not going to run again, are you?” taunted Zemouregal. “That wouldn’t be any fun at all.”
Sliske scowled. “No, my brother,” he said, using the words just to spite Zemouregal.
“Brothers? I have taught you nothing.”
“You taught me plenty.” Sliske opened his mouth, and he spit a purple venom at his foe. The poison struck the smoke barrier like a dagger, burrowing in and breaking Zemouregal’s skin.
Zemouregal roared in pain, and his skin began to melt around the wound. He sent smoke pouring in, desperately trying to neutralize the new venom.
“Sorry, Zemouregal, but that’s my own venom,” Sliske said coldly. “It’s over ten times stronger than what my serpents produce, so it’s that much harder for you to survive.”

21-Oct-2009 04:36:06

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zemouregal just growled further, and finally he stopped. “That wasn’t too bad,” he replied, as black powder began to fall from his wound. “I can neutralize any poison you throw my way.”
Sliske’s smile left his face. “Then I’ll use my other attacks.*
*What other attacks?” asked Zemouregal as he tore himself free of the serpent web. “These pitiful snakes can** stop me!”
Sliske held out his hand, and a flaming serpent emerged, flying across the alley to Zemouregal. Zemouregal was taken aback only for an instant, and then he blasted a dark air current back, which scattered the fire into nothingness. *That’s it?” he began, but then he saw that Sliske was no longer there.
“You coward!” he bellowed.
“I am no coward,” Sliske called back, and Zemouregal looked up. Sliske was climbing to the top of a nearby tower.
Zemouregal smiled. “A snake goes to the air; now you’re done.” He took off up the tower after Sliske. When Sliske reached the top, he looked back down to see his pursuer.
He raised his hand, and the side of the tower burst open, revealing a giant serpent. It reared its head and struck at Zemouregal. The Mahjarrat dodged, and the serpent crushed the stone wall in with its attack.
Zemouregal ran past, and then he brought in a powerful smoke current at the serpent’s back. The snake shattered at the middle and disintegrated into shadows. Zemouregal, unimpeded, made it to the top.
He smiled as he reached the bare top of the tower, just he and Sliske. “Now, there’s nowhere to run. I caught you.”
Sliske’* expression was every bit as confident as Zemouregal’s. “I wanted you up here. Now, I can finish you off.”
“Just try it!” Zemouregal shouted as he began to charge. He reached Sliske, but not soon enough. As he pulled back his arm to make a blow, a green serpent caught it with its fangs. The skin around the bite melted away with the force of the acidic venom, and by the time Zemouregal ripped it away, his hand was nearly useless.

21-Oct-2009 04:36:56

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

“I got you,” Sliske remarked, and then Zemouregal realized what had happened. From the sides of the tower, hundreds of green snakes were climbing to the top of the tower. They surrounded the pair, latching themselves onto Zemouregal’s new smoke shield.
“Too late,” Sliske replied, and then he opened his mouth and spit a quart of green venom at his foe. Zemouregal was bathed in the acid, his shield sizzling away around him. The snakes held him in place while the acid finished the job.
Zemouregal released a giant roar, and then a storm exploded from him. The dark wind expanded in all directions, tearing the snakes, the acid, and the shield away from him. It also hurled Sliske to the edge of the tower top, inches from a long drop.
“You can’t beat me!” Zemouregal yelled. “I am far stronger than a snake like you!”
Sliske got to his feet. He noticed that the serpents were still wrapped around the tower. “Well, Zemouregal, you know what snakes like me can do?”
“What?”
“Escaping into the shadows.” And then, Sliske gave the command. As he jumped sideways off the tower, the snakes around it tightened their grip. They broke the tower into a thousand pieces, sending Zemouregal falling to earth in a shower of dust and debris.
Zemouregal got to his feet and blew away the dust, clearing the empty place where the tower once stood. He looked around, and Sliske was nowhere to be found. He would search the city area with his smoke, but it was to no avail. Sliske had vanished from Senntisten, slipping away like only a snake could.
---------------------------------------

21-Oct-2009 04:38:14

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The moment that Spyridon realized what had happened, the implications of the rebellion tore through his thoughts like wildfire. The moment after that, he was fighting to the death. Hazeel had followed him into the square below. The demons of Zamorak’s army were ravaging the city, chasing the citizens in every direction, but they did not try to attack Spyridon. It was obvious that he was Hazeel’s quarry, and no one else was to interfere. This was all planned.
Hazeel caused tremors in the square when he landed, sending shards of stone flying. His face, which had been human in appearance for the past decade, was slowly eroding back into its true Mahjarrat appearance.
“Growing tired of the guise, Hazeel?” asked Spyridon casually. He needed time to think. Hazeel was rumored to be invincible, but he had never fought Hazeel himself.
Hazeel smirked, which looked very odd with his contorted face. “I don’t have to wear this anymore!” he exclaimed. “You should be happy, Spyridon. The Age of Mahjarrat is at hand!”
“The Age of Mahjarrat? What do you call our current age?”
“That’s no more than an unnatural second of time. Humans cannot control this world; it takes a Mahjarrat.”
“This isn’t our world, Hazeel. We live here, but Freneskae is our true home.”
“Not anymore. Lord Zamorak will open everything up to us! There will be nothing holding us back from our true power.”
Spyridon frowned. “Zamorak will want no such thing. He likes fire too much. He won’t rest until he sets the whole world ablaze.”
Hazeel returned with a dark smile. “Welcome to the Age of Mahjarrat.”
Hazeel held out his hand, and he let out a blast of darkness. Spyridon spun on the spot and vanished, just in time to dodge the attack. The shadow beam consumed a nearby building, completely enveloping it and tearing it apart in a shower of dust.

21-Oct-2009 04:39:36

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WOW. =D Can it ever get any better? Seriously if you made this a book I would buy it... Or get it out the library =P.
Any other stories of your calibre you can reccomend?
P.S. What has happened to Zaros' army? Have they all turned or scattered or something? It would be interesting to hear about them fleeing, helpless. It adds to the air of die need and despair >=).
P.P.S. Plans for next book...? Entering into the godwars? of showing the events from a different viewpoint?
P.P.P.S. One of my last questions. How can Zaros be the god of evil when he seems like a nice guy to me tbh?

24-Oct-2009 22:45:58

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top