Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRITE MORE! DON'T END IT LIKE THIS! IT OWNS SO I MUST READ MORE! MORE!
Oh btw brilliant explanation. I now understand alot. But one thing. Please do not make this a simple ending. Make it epic. How you could I have no idea. I jsut know it is gonna be the best ever ending.

10-Oct-2009 23:11:25

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fear not, Lord Tobytwo, I'm not stopping there. ;) And I realize that these events are off, just as the events of my next story will be completely destroyed with the addition of a few more quests. However, I write them anyway in the hopes that you guys just enjoy the ride. So, I do have a bit more that I'll begin posting promptly. :)

11-Oct-2009 04:45:39 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2009 04:45:50 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zaros felt the sharp blade penetrate his skin, but he was not prepared for the rush of cold that spiked through his body. Flesh wound mixed with an influx of powerful magic that shorted Zaros's system. He lost control of his magic, and he felt it recede away from him. With the wave of cold, Zaros's legs buckled.
His body may have been weakening, but Zaros's mind was still going as fast as it could. He adjusted his fall as his legs buckled, and he fell back into his attacker. Zamorak, clearly not expecting this, could not get away. The other end of the staff, which was just as sharp as the one in Zaros's back, was shoved into Zamorak's stomach.
Suddenly, the flow of magic reversed. For a moment, Zaros and Zamorak were connected by the strange river of magic, both feeling the numbing effects. Then, the Staff's magic exploded outward. Zamorak was thrown into the palace wall; Zaros was thrown in the other direction, hitting the stone railing around the balcony. The Staff spun in place and finally fell to rest beside the throne and Zaros's sword.
Zaros struggled back to his knees, and he eyed the fallen staff. He started to move, but suddenly two black, horned demons appeared out of thin air beside him. The each grabbed one of his shoulders, pinning him there. Since he couldn't move, Zaros glanced around the platform. Apparently Hazeel had blasted Spyridon over the side of the balcony, and Zemouregal had done the same to Sliske. Then, Zaros realized just how many were against him. Ruari was the only one left on the balcony that was loyal to him, and he was crouched behind a statue beside the door, waiting for an opening. He was only a human, though, and hardly a match for Zamorak, Hazeel, Zemouregal, and several demons.
Zamorak got back to his feet, rage pulsing through his body. "Clever, Zaros," he spat. "Very clever. Now my magic is weakened as well."

11-Oct-2009 04:46:41

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"What did you do?" Zaros gasped. He felt the strange energy in his system.
"I used the Staff to rob your energy. It stole away your power and sealed it within. Now, you are helpless."
Zaros was filled with anger, boiling just beneath his skin. "So you were in charge of this from the beginning."
Zamorak smiled. "Your time is up, Zaros. I am your successor."
"My people will never bow to you."
Zamorak shook his head. "Such devotion to your people. And yet you expect the same devotion of them. Your reign has done nothing for these people. Freeing them from Raldeir was beneficial, but after you took over it was just more of the same. As for your people's devotion, let's see right now."
Zaros suddenly remembered the crowd in the square behind him. Zamorak stepped up on the steps toward the throne. As he reached the top, he sat upon the throne. Then, he raised his hand.
The roar from the crowd was instantaneous and overwhelming. Everyone applauded Zamorak with a unity that Zaros had not seen in so long, when he had first been crowned. Zaros sat there in awe, feeling the people worship the man that had stabbed him in the back.
Zamorak stood back up, his face gloating in triumph. "You see, Zaros? I am the true ruler of this land. You are the Empty Lord, your power has long since faded."
The fallen Emperor simmered in fury on the balcony floor. "You did all this for the throne? Take it, if you'll be a better ruler."
Zamorak laughed. "We need a more private environment."
At these words, all of a sudden, hundreds of demons appeared in the square, and some of the Sons of Raldeir that had come back to Senntisten joined them. Chaos raged in the city, as the people fled the scene and the monsters that threatened to tear them apart. Hazeel jumped over the side, joining Spyridon on the ground.
Zaros glared at Zamorak. "You!" Zaros began, but he couldn't find the words.

11-Oct-2009 04:47:32

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"I don't care in the slightest about this pathetic throne or this pathetic Empire. You can even have it back. All I ask is that you give me exactly what I want."
Zaros was about to question, but then Ihrba*ka's warning came back to him. "You want the Mantle of Divinity."
The smile dropped from Zamorak's face. "Nearly ten years now," he seethed. "Ten years I was your best friend, your closest confidante, almost a brother to you. I did everything you asked. And still, you never gave me the Mantle. I even slipped it into conversation, and you still dodged the subject."
Zamorak was pacing by this point. "Well, I gave up on you. If I couldn't get what I wanted by being your friend, then I'll use force."
Zaros ran all these thoughts through his head, and then he came to a conclusion. "All this time, you were by my side for the Mantle alone?"
"Of course, you fool! You think I would willingly buy in to your hopeful ideals? You believe in peace and goodness. You support order. I am no such being. Order only restricts power; chaos is the only medium where true power is revealed. Only in chaos is the world worth owning."
"You're going to lay waste to the world?"
"Probably not. I'm probably only going to let it lay waste to itself."
Zamorak walked over to the throne again, this time picking up the Staff of Armadyl. Then, he turned back to Zaros. "Now, you're going to administer the Mantle to me."
"No, he's not," came a voice. Sliske had crawled back up to the platform. He stood on the railing on the left side of the balcony, surveying the scene. Then, he fired off a shadow serpent toward them.
The snake arced its way toward Zamorak, but the General made no move to block it. He didn't need to. Zemouregal jumped in front of him and deflected the serpent into the Palace wall, which tore a hole in the stone.
"Zemouregal?" gasped Sliske.
Zemouregal smiled. "Yes, my old friend. I'm afraid it was always in the plan for me to fight you."

11-Oct-2009 04:49:00

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zemouregal fired a blast of smoky air at Sliske. Sliske jumped, but he was too late. The attack clipped his feet, and he spun head over heels over the side and down into the city.
"Go!" barked Zamorak.
"Right!" replied Zemouregal, and he jumped over the side after his friend.
Zamorak turned back to the fallen Zaros, and he gave a small smile. "Now, Zaros," he began. "It's just the two of us."
----------------------------------------------
Sliske hit the ground hard, but he recovered quickly and slid inside a nearby building. No doubt it was part of their plan to get him off that balcony. "Just hold him off until I get back, Lord Zaros," he whispered, his eyes looking for any advantage he could use.
A loud crash and the breaking of the cobblestones announced that Zemouregal had indeed followed him. Sliske edged silently against the wall, his chest heaving. He and Zemouregal had been best friends since the day they arrived on Gielinor. He never thought he would have to fight him.
"Come out, Sliske!" bellowed Zemouregal. "Fight me!"
Sliske had no intention of fighting Zemouregal's battle. Those that fought Zemouregal head on eventually lost, with the possible exception of Hazeel, if they should ever fight. Sliske had his own style, and it was his only hope.
Zemouregal lumbered along the street away from the square, passing the doorway of Sliske's hiding place. Sliske wasted no time. He shot a shadow serpent out of the threshold toward his enemy. Sure enough, Zemouregal didn't even see it coming. The snake collided with Zemouregal's back...and it went right through.
Sliske was stunned as Zemouregal turned to smoke and dispersed. Then, the wall next to Sliske was torn to bits as the enemy burst through it. Zemouregal threw Sliske into the opposite wall and followed, grabbing Sliske by his neck and pinning him against the cold stone.

11-Oct-2009 04:50:13

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"Like I'd fall for your little tricks, Sliske!" Zemouregal spat. "You're a little snake; I knew you'd be hiding in the shadows. We used to travel together, remember."
"Looks like you learned some new tricks," Sliske replied.
Zemouregal smiled. "Master Zamorak has taught me a thing or two."
Sliske's face burned with disgust. "You're siding with that traitor over your own brothers?"
Zemouregal's response was a puzzled look. "Brothers? We are Mahjarrat companions, nothing more. We do not know friendship, nor are we tied by bonds! You have been transformed into a human, Sliske. Keep your notions of friendship, you will need to focus on them while I tear you apart. And do you know why? Because I fight like a glorious Mahjarrat, not like the weak men."
Sliske gritted his teeth in fury. "So all this time?"
"Never."
"Then, perhaps this time," Sliske growled, "I can be a Mahjarrat."
Sliske opened his mouth, and a shadow snake emerged. Its head wrapped around Zemouregal's arm, and then it bit his forearm.
Zemouregal staggered back, his magic darkening the air around his arm. The serpent died immediately, and the black air started mixing with the poison in the wound. Zemouregal finally smiled.
"Neutralized," he said. "Your tricks are old, Sliske. I have you figured out."
Sliske's eyes darted, and finally he found his course. He dashed straight at Zemouregal.
The smile faded from Zemouregal's face. "This is new," he replied, tensing in anticipation. As Sliske got close, Zemouregal smiled. "Gotcha!"
He raised his arm, which he wrapped in a gauntlet of dark air. However, as he moved to strike, Sliske raised his arm as well. A shadow serpent broke through the nearby wall. It wrapped itself around Zemouregal's arm. Zemouregal was caught off guard, as he couldn't finish his attack because the snake was anchored strongly to the wall.

11-Oct-2009 04:52:05

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top