Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At first, the only response was the crackle of electrical discharge. Then, hurried footsteps blared through the lobby. From a side hallway emerged an old man, walking as fast as his cane would allow. He had short gray hair that was messed up and static-ridden. His clothes were worn purple robes that looked to be incredibly ancient. "What are you doing here?" he demanded, his voice powerful and booming. "Leave this place at once."
Azzanadra bowed. "Please, sir," he said in his most humble tone. "I want to stay. You see, I believe I was born here."
The man's eyes widened. "Impossible," he said. "Are you...Azzanadra?"
"Yes!" Azzanadra exclaimed. "How do you know who I am?"
The old man staggered back against the wall. "I never expected you to return." He finally gathered himself. "I am a Sage of Tyssouga, a guardian of the Sacred Orbs of the Decaphim. My name is Summarus...and you are my son."
The last words hung in the air for a while before Azzanadra could process them. "You're...my father?" he asked.
Summarus nodded. "I'm sorry, Azzanadra. I know you must be upset."
"You abandoned me!" Azzanadra barked. "You sent me away to Thida to fend for myself!"
"We did not! We were well aware that there was a branch of the Fourth Family in Thida that would take you in. We knew you would be taken care of!"
Azzanadra was still burning. "But why? Why did I have to leave my home?"
Summarus lowered his gaze. "It wasn't easy, you know. Your mother, Semele, and I thought long and hard about it. But we knew that there were more opportunities for you out in the outside world. You would be worse off trapped in this city. Think, Azzanadra, did we make a good decision?"
Azzanadra was about to make a quick answer, but then he thought back. He remembered his time in Thida, the cutthroat politics, and his name--The Demon of the Fourth Family. Then, his world shifted to the desert of Kharid, the finding of a boy, and the path he had taken since.

04-Jul-2009 07:47:42 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2009 20:29:21 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Azzanadra cracked a smile. "You did," he replied.
Summarus smiled with him. "I hoped so. Besides, it would have been horrible if you had remained here."
"That's right!" added Sliske. "What happened to the city?"
The pleasant atmosphere died instantly. "Catastrophe," Summarus responded. "A deadly virus swept through our town. It was incredibly contagious, horribly lethal, and helped by our close proximity. We were all boxed into this canyon, just waiting for it to slaughter us. When the outbreak first started, I was the designated Sage to be inside the Room of the Orbs. That is why I was spared. I received information from the electrical lines that lead straight into that room. Survivors quickly fled east, trying to evade this horrible death. Between those that escaped and those that were killed, no one remained in the city."
"My mother?" asked Azzanadra.
Summarus shook his head. "She was a casualty of the virus. I'm sorry, Azzanadra."
Azzanadra choked back his tears. "So why do you remain?" he asked.
"To protect the orbs."
"From what? There's no reason for you to be here!"
"I swore an oath as a Sage," was Summarus's answer. "In it, I devoted my life to these orbs. It is a devotion I don't take lightly."
They were all silent for a moment. "Have you found something, Azzanadra, to devote your life to?"
He thought of the smiling boy Hadin, and then he watched the boy grow into the Zaros he knew. "Yes, I have. I would protect him with my life."
"You know, devotion does not die."
"I am aware of that. Nothing would keep me from serving him. We'll be returning to him in a few days. But first, I want to get to know my father."
Summarus smiled, satisfied. "Of course. Come, my son. I will show you the place of your birth."
-----------------------------------------------------

06-Jul-2009 21:01:41

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Been busy. Okay we need a big big massive pause before he says that he is his father. We don't want it to be rushed. Play on our shock and emotions dude and build it up before he says it.
The man paused and licked his lips. His eyes darted about him and azzanadra watched the beads of sweat appear on his forehead etc etc. or something like that. Get what I'm saying?
Otherwise it's brilliant.
Oh and one thing. In the "Missing my Mummy" quest, the mummy says that the whole place was swamps and trees and grass and things like that. Sorry to throw a spanner in the works.
Oh and Khazard is 100% mahjarrat. You need to include him. And you need to talk a bit more about Lucien.
Also I happed to be writing a story myself (40 pages on word so far)and I am using this for its complete accuracy as a history for it. Please hurry towards the ending? I really need to know is zamorak actually attacked zaros through greed or if he was pushed into zaros or if zaros went to pas the mantle and got it wrong or zaros attacked him etc.
Otherwise it's brilliant.

07-Jul-2009 23:31:53

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The chants outside the palace were filling the entire city with noise. The palace nearly shook with the sheer praise that the people shouted into the sky. The sky was striped orange as the day slipped away into the night. The outburst was so loud that it even resounded across the palace ramparts to the northern courtyard.
"What's that, Mommy?" asked Calina, who had stopped her play to look toward the city.
Esther frowned. "General Zamorak is speaking to the people," she answered.
"They sound happy!" Calina said with a smile.
Esther forced a smile of her own. "Very happy," she replied, and Calina went back to playing with her magic.
Esther's smile vanished as she looked back to the south, where the crowd was hailing the heroic General. "Where are you, Zaros?" she asked the air.
"He'll soon be back," came a voice from the doorway behind her. Esther spun to see Ihrba*ka floating in the threshold.
"Where have you been?" Esther demanded. "Zaros was looking for you before he left!"
"And it was imperative that I was not here," Ihrba*ka replied enigmatically.
"Then...why are you here now?"
Ihrba*ka smiled weakly. "Because I need to be."
Esther turned away from him and watched Calina for a while. Ihrba*ka simply stood there, motionless, watching as well.
After a few mintues of silence, Esther turned back to him. "Ihrba*ka, can I ask you a question?"
"I wouldn't still be here if you didn't," he replied with a wink.
"Is this ever going to end?" Esther asked. "I mean, this revolution. Zaros hasn't been the same since it started. I'm really asking if he's ever going to be like he used to be again."
"This experience has changed him for good," Ihrba*ka replied. "However, he will one day be at peace again."
Esther sensed that Ihrba*ka covered his response, so she did not inquire further. "Well, go ahead and tell me what you came to tell me," she said, annoyed.
Ihrba*ka smiled again. "You're very insightful. True, I have a message for Zaros."

10-Jul-2009 06:54:50

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top