Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

YaYa Mann

YaYa Mann

Posts: 922 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aha! I knew I wasn't the only one I knew that read this!
Also, while the odds of the mahjarrat not being truely undead are there, their race is influenced heavily by the discriptions of liches (which are undead magic users). So the odds of them being undead are much better. If the quest featuring the ritual at The North involves their souls being trapped in an object or objects besides their bodies (a phylacterie), they will officaly be liches.
As of now, they use necrotic energies, the death of their body does not mean their death, and their most universal form is that of a twisted skeletion. At best they're a sort of "living lich".
However this story has gone off on its own track, so don't change its path because of this :)
O_o warped wise man Yayaman14 O_o

12-Feb-2009 07:59:46 - Last edited on 14-Feb-2009 04:04:28 by YaYa Mann

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, I'm sorry about the inactivity. I meant to add last week, but the truth is that a lot hit me at once and I haven't even looked at this thread in days. So look for me to try and redeem myself either tomorrow or the next day.

17-Feb-2009 06:10:06

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zaros was silent a moment to let that sink in. Sliske had never opened up about anything in his past to anyone, and here was something big. "If it's okay," Zaros said softly, "I need to ask you. Did you love your father?"
Sliske gave him an odd look. "Of course," he said. "But you humans don't understand how we operate. Our emotions are tempered by millenia of battle. War is our culture. You humans want your leaders to care about the people he governs. We Mahjarrat recognize our leaders not by how well they lead but by how strong they are. My father loved me, but I made my choice to leave and he did not try and stop me. My love was shown by my actions. When I came of age and became strong enough to kill him, I did not. That is the way of things in Freneskae. But as for love, we feel that, and we can also feel loyalty."
"I guess I just never thought about what you were," Zaros replied. "I should have asked sooner."
Sliske turned his head. "This is not to be discussed. We have a mission, and we must carry it out. We are not monsters, my Lord, just like very aggressive humans."
Zaros nodded. Then, he stopped suddenly, drawing his sword. "What's that?" he asked.
They all turned to look. There was a man walking along the path toward them. He had appeared so quickly that he could have popped out of the earth itself. He wore gray robes that covered all skin except his face. His face was normal, though it had a few scars across the cheek and forehead. His eyes were as gray as his robes, and he seemed to take no notice of the travelers.
"Who are you?" demanded Sliske. The man just kept walking closer. Zaros held his blade high, ready to strike should the stranger make a move. The man passed beside them, and then he kept going away. He never even looked at them.
"What was that?" asked Zaros.
"I'm not sure," Azzanadra replied. "I guess we're in Necraeda. This is its deadly, odd phenomenon."
"And no one ever comes back from this place."

18-Feb-2009 04:39:07

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zaros scanned the cold gray mountains on either side of the valley, but he could see nothing. The scene was as empty as it had been. "Where did that guy come from?" Zaros asked. "I mean, he wasn't here before."
"He vanished after he passed us," Azzanadra replied. "So he probably went back there."
A laugh suddenly permeated the stillness. They all turned in unison to see a small child running in front of them. It was a little boy, wearing ordinary clothes that were far too big for him. He was smiling and laughing as though he were at play, but he was all alone. He ran toward them, and then, he too vanished from their sight.
"What's going on?" Sliske asked. "I saw some shapes up on the cliffs, but now they just disappeared!"
"It's happening everywhere!" Zaros added, swiveling his head to see as much of the scene as he could. "They look so real. Are they illusions?"
Azzanadra shook his head. "No, I think they're ghosts."
"Ghosts?"
"It's possible that they are the victims of this valley. Once you die here, your spirit doesn't leave. It just remains here."
"As if the place wasn't scary enough already!" Sliske remarked, looking at the souls that meandered across the cold stone landscape. "Poor fools," he said. "It's their own fault for coming here, but they don't deserve this."
The spirits all suddenly began to scream, and then they all vanished at the same time and did not return. "What?" asked Sliske, and then they were all bombarded by an incredible magical aura.
"That's one strong Mahjarrat," Azzanadra remarked, feeling the pressure of the aura on his skin. "It seems familiar, too. I just can't put my finger on it."
"Could it be this Tsugon?" Zaros asked.
"Possibly, but I'm getting a strange feeling," Azzanadra replied.
"I know," Sliske replied. "Where have we felt this before?"
It didn't take them long to figure out, when the source of the aura appeared on the scene. Zaros looked up, and his jaw dropped.
Raldeir stood before them. "Welcome, Zaros."

18-Feb-2009 04:39:24 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2009 04:51:26 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top