Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Explain what?" Zaros asked. He looked to Azzanadra and Sliske, but neither of them seemed confused. "You two know?"
"I can see that you're the only one here that was born here in Gielinor instead of Freneskae," said the Mahjarrat. "I like stories, however, so I'll tell it anyway. Please, have a seat."
The group obliged, sitting on a boulder just off the path. The Mahjarrat before them began, "My name is Sendoa, guardian of the Gate of Dis and bard of the Sixth Family of Freneskae. Hathou**, I call upon you to sharpen my mind and allow the words of your ancient knowledge to flow from my tongue."
Zaros looked to Azzanadra, who replied, "That's an ancient chant that storytellers say before they unravel their tales. It invokes Hathouga, an ancient Mahjarrat that wrote many epics of his own."
Sendoa nodded and continued. "He is also central to this story. Many millenia ago, there existed ten mighty Mahjarrat, the greatest ever to exist. They came to Freneskae from other worlds, far older than both Freneskae and Gielinor. They coexisted and began to populate the world, and all Mahjarrat today are the distant children of these ten beings. They formed their own clans, and that is the origin of the Ten Families of Freneskae."
"Which one was the patriarch of the Fourth?" asked Azzanadra. Zaros remembered that Azzanadra hailed from this family.
"Not patriarch, but matriarch. Rhoxiela was her name, and she was one of three females in the Great Ten. Now, this story is central to the explanation of magic because of the strength of these ten. They saw much, for they all lived for other three thousand years, and they watched as time passed. They noticed that the magic grew weaker in each generation after them. Then, Kaegorian, the patriarch of the Eighth Family, discovered a way to stop the degradation of the magic. He presented his idea to the rest of them, and they all agreed to his course of action."
"What did they do?"
"They left their souls behind."

12-Jan-2009 00:43:31 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2009 00:44:30 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top