Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1) Happy New Year!
2) To answer your question, Joel, the Mahjarrat believe he is a human because he can't cast his Mahjarrat magic. That will be explained shortly. In a chapter or two, I will also explain how he has Mahjarrat magic in the first place, even though he is human.
3) Thanks, Og, and I resolve to make more of an effort to add this year.
4) See below.

02-Jan-2009 04:44:56 - Last edited on 02-Jan-2009 04:45:24 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Zaros barely rolled aside as a burst of ice cut the air behind him. "What's going on?" he demanded, looking to Azzanadra.
"It's the gate!" he responded. "The same principle that led us to this island. The gate leaks Khanu magic. The Khanu reacts with your Phori magic, and so your magic is neutralized."
"Wait, so that means that, even if we get inside the gate, I won't be able to use magic in Freneskae?"
"I'm not sure. But it's a definite possibility."
Zaros cursed under his breath. "That's not part of the plan."
The Mahjarrat seemed to have had enough, so he interrupted Zaros and Azzanadra. "I'm not sure how you humans know so much about our magic, but there's no way you are getting through this gate."
"We aren't human," Azzanadra persisted. "The Khanu force is only disrupting our powers."
The Mahjarrat shook his head. "You humans cannot be trusted. Show me magic or die."
The Mahjarrat leapt through the air, a torrent of ice following behind him. Zaros willed the magic to come, but it wouldn't. "We'll just have to overpower him physically," he said after he dodged yet another attack.
"Way ahead of you," replied Sliske, who charged the Mahjarrat with his dagger. The Mahjarrat made the ice sheet rotate around him, making a shield to block Sliske's attacks. Sliske barely managed to get away before an ice wave flowed in to try and trap him.
"Okay," he muttered, "that's not going to work."
"We're all pretty much human now," muttered Azzanadra. "Do you remember how difficult it was for humans to beat us back then?"
"Oh yeah," sulked Sliske. "Somehow I'm not too fond of being on the receiving end of that."
"Turn back!" the Mahjarrat bellowed, sending another avalanche at them.
"That's a good idea," Azzanadra replied. Before Zaros could object, he added, "It'll give us time to figure out how to overcome this problem."
Zaros scowled, but he followed Azzanadr*'s advice. They all turned to leave, dashing away from the Mahjarrat and his gate.

02-Jan-2009 04:54:54

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"And don't come back!" roared the Mahjarrat, sending a wave of ice at their backs. It was a move that was meant only to scare them further, but a piece of the attack struck Azzanadr*'s heel. It sent the advisor to the ground, his face buried in the snow and his vials scattered before him.
"Azzanadra!" exclaimed Zaros, who stopped to help his friend, but he was already too far away by the time he noticed.
"I'm fine," Azzanadra replied, picking up the vials. Then, he noticed something. The blue vial for Khanu magic was glowing halfway blue, shining very lightly. That seemed impossible to Azzanadra, for his own Phori magic should have completely neutralized it to white.
Then, the vial started to get paler as Zaros got closer. "Stop!" commanded Azzanadra, and the Emperor halted. The wheels were turning in Azzanadr*'* head.
How could he only halfway neutralize the Khanu magic. The only logical meaning could be that...
Azzanadra got back to his feet and turned to face the Mahjarrat. "Try some of this," he murmured, and then he raised his hand.
The energy convulsed around his fingers, and suddenly a sharp burst of lightning fired from his palm toward the Mahjarrat. The fork of electricity hit the ground several feet in front of the Mahjarrat, its heat melting the snow into a puddle before him.
"You are one of us!" exclaimed the Mahjarrat, withholding his ice attacks. "Why did you not show me that from the beginning?"
"Yeah, Azzanadra," questioned Zaros, who walked up to him with Sliske. "How can you do that now?"
"The truth is that I never tried before," he replied. "When you and Sliske couldn't use your magic, I thought trying to use mine would be useless. However, it appears that I have both types of magic within me."
"Impossible," the Mahjarrat replied, obviously eavesdropping on their conversation. "It's been thousands of years since the Mahjarrat have been hybrids."
"What?" asked Zaros.
The Mahjarrat smiled. "I'll explain," he said.

02-Jan-2009 05:35:47 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2009 21:37:14 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hmm, how did the mahjarrat mistaken zaros for a human when zaros is supposedly a god? and shouldn't he have some sort of godly powers he can rely on, not just ancient magicks?
and azzanadra won't be more powerful then zaros - he can use both types but zaros should have more magical strength if it came down to a fight if he can use his magic.

03-Jan-2009 22:47:11

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top