Forums

Clash of the Incarnations

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kaisen finally got his bearings, and he planted his feet just as Casavar approached. Then, the old man smiled. With a swish of his black cloak, he vanished. Casavar thrust his black arm into the ground behind where Kaisen used to be, smashing the earth and forming fissures for several yards around. The Mahjarrat dislodged his arm from the ground, and he used his Ectoprey eyes to scan the arena for a sign of his enemy.

Casavar spun, and he saw Kaisen flying through the air toward him, staff lowered. He raised his arm to defend, but Kaisen was ready for him. He swept his air staff beneath him, and a wave of wind cut across the ground toward him. Casavar realized too late where Kaisen's attack was coming from, and he could not defend. The wind crashed into the Mahjarrat's chest, and after his feet slipped, the raging wind hurled him away, into the rocky plains off the path. Casavar rolled down into a basin, and Kaisen immediately stood waiting at the rim.

As the Mahjarrat got back to his feet and shot Kaisen a look of pure hatred, the old mage smiled. "I have the high ground now, Casavar," he said.

"That means nothing against me!" he roared, his calm shattered. Casavar raised his arm and fired a blast of dark energy up at the old mage. Kaisen vanished once again, reappearing safely to the side of the attack.

"What the hell are you?” demanded Casavar. “Humans cannot perform this magic, nor could they ever do it as smoothly as you!”

Kaisen smiled. “I am a human with good knowledge and great teachers. Now, I will say something that you should heed. Leave this island, and never return here. I will not pursue you if you leave now.*

17-May-2010 04:12:05

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“You also will not pursue me if you die!” Casavar tapped into the power of his Koronala, and all of a sudden flames burst around Kaisen. The fire caught on his robes, and the old man fell to the ground, rolling to extinguish the flames. Then, Kaisen held up his staff, and he forced all the air around him to recede, creating a dome of no air around him.

The flames, without any oxygen to power them, vanished, and Kaisen allowed the air to return. He got back up, just in time to see Casavar attacking with his black arm. The old mage held up his staff toward the oncoming Mahjarrat. “I warned you,” he muttered, and then he used his wind magic once more.

The old mage’s spell sent a wave of wind, concentrated and packed razor-thin, directly at the attacking Casavar. The blade raked across the Shadowscale arm of the Mahjarrat, and it sliced a bloody **** in the skin from the wrist up to the elbow. Casavar stopped his attack and roared in agony, and Kaisen seized his chance.

With the skill and speed of an elf, Kaisen jumped off of his perch and into the basin where Casavar fell. He slipped beneath the Mahjarrat’s arms and pulled a silver ring from his robes. Then, with a word, he made the silver glow white hot, and Kaisen thrust the ring onto Casavar’s chest.

Casavar yelled again as the ring vanished, sealing itself magically into his skin. Kaisen jumped away, allowing the Mahjarrat to suffer his latest attack. After a few moments, the pain stopped, but Casavar was still panting.

"I...I feel weak!" he remarked, looking helplessly at his hand, which felt old and withered. "And I feel a sharp pain in my chest! What have you done?"

Kaisen smiled. "I just won," he replied. "That thing I thrust into your chest is a special type of metal called Imbrite, and I poisoned the skin all the way down to your internal organs with it. Imbrite reacts with lunar magic, and what you feel is the effects of strong lunar forces on it."

17-May-2010 04:12:37

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625 Back to Top