[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Total Story Posts Thus Far: 175
Date of Last Adds: 1/26/2012
Projected Date of Next Adds: TBA
Clash of the Incarnations
-Chronicles of the End of a World

Welcome new readers, and welcome back old ones! For the first time in a long while, I'm starting a new story. In my previous works, I've explored several different time periods in my fictional RuneScape, from the present to the deep past. Now, this story will combine the two, and act as a sequel to both of them. I will reference many things that are found in my previous two trilogies, so it would be great if you had read them already. However, I will do my best to bring everyone up to speed as I write, so that is not completely necessary.
If you want to read them, they are as follows:
The Cursed Dragon: Part 1---49-50-11-36883974
The Cursed Dragon: Part 2---49-50-606-37452171
The Cursed Dragon: Part 3---49-50-172-40573885
The Prince's Wish-----------49-50-306-45275945
The Demon's Secret----------49-50-50-49607177
The Empty Lord--------------49-50-445-56488303
We join this new story in the future of RuneScape, a future that has yet to escape the past. Gods and men collide in this story, igniting the most ferocious war since the Third Age. Welcome, to the Clash of the Incarnations.

Prologue: The New Dark Lord
Part 1: Apocalypse Dawn
Chapter One: The Outcast
Chapter Two: The Hunter and the Sage
Chapter Three: The Dwarf Mage
Chapter Four: Vision of the Seer
Chapter Five: Under the Scarred Maple
Part 2: The Darkness Falls
Chapter Six: The Legend of the Sinthigians
Chapter Seven: Crossing the Salve
Chapter Eight: The Palace of Agaben
Chapter Nine: War of the Silver Dragon
Chapter Ten: The Stranger
Part 3: The Plague
Chapter Eleven: The Man with No Past
Chapter Twelve: Ael’s Treasure
Chapter Thirteen: Karmthi’s Secret
Chapter Fourteen: The Gangster’s Plea
Chapter Fifteen: Clash of the Incarnations

Welcome back to the world of Runescape...

02-Dec-2009 00:43:33 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2012 02:29:34 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Prologue: The New Dark Lord
"Hurry!" barked the leader, standing on the crest of a nearby hill. His voice showed the stress within, and his eyes darted back and forth as he scanned the skyline for any trace of their pursuer.
"We are, Hytha!" groaned one of the followers as he struggled with his side of the coffin. His red robes were stained with sweat from the effort. Karzit* rolled his eyes from across the coffin. Only Thilian would talk back to Hytha at a time like this.
"Quiet!" returned Hytha. "It will definitely come to search the coastline soon. We must be long gone by then."
"The hills make carrying this thing pretty tough! And what makes you think it'll come here?"
"That's why I'm the leader, and you do the grunt work, Thilian. You don't think! That cursed monster has been wiping out Zamorakan strongholds all across the Wilderness, and it just took out the last one! Why wouldn't it look for any survivors that may try to escape?"
"It will take hours for it to level Xothara! If the boat is waiting like you say, then there's no way we'll get caught."
Hytha shook his head. "With this relic, I'd rather not leave anything to chance."
Karzit* silently agreed. The dark sky of the Wilderness looked, if possible, even darker from the smoke. The city of Xothara, the last major Zamorakan city in the Wilderness, was burning to the ground. The Temple at Xothara was the most Sacred Altar, so it had the most Zamorakan relics. The coffin that he, Thilian, Morguth, and Soylon now carried toward the northern sea contained the bones of the Great Dark Lord of Zamorak, a demented man by the name of Agaben. Agaben was said to house the essence of Zamorak, and the prophets foresaw that they would rise again from the essence. So, they were kept in Xothara's Temple to await that glorious day. Until Xothara's destruction, that is.
"Hurry!" Hytha repeated. "The sky is getting brighter."

02-Dec-2009 00:53:49

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

No one responded. They all knew full well what that meant, and it was too grave even for Thilian to speak. A loud roar reverberated around the scene, shaking the ground beneath their feet. The Zamorakans' pace tripled; the boat was near and so was the enemy.
They finally reached the crest of the final hill, and as they came over it, they could see the boat in the shallows before them. Hytha led the way down the hill, everyone sprinting for the finish: escape from this land and the Saradominists.
The final roar announced that the enemy had arrived. From over the hill, high in the sky, there appeared a giant silver dragon. It lit the sky around it with its brilliance, like a torch burning in a cave. Its scales were beautiful, and every inch of it glowed with light and luster. Saradomin's countenance seeped from its every pore, and the Zamorakans could feel its bitter cold on their skin. On the dragon's back was mounted a rider: the once great King of Falador, Vallance. However, his body had died, and only his skeleton sat there. Even so, his skeleton was active, scanning the scene with its hollow eyes hidden behind a helmet visor.
The dragon saw the party halfway down the hill, and it gave another bellow. The group panicked, and Hytha's orders were drowned out by the beast's cry. The silver dragon hovered low over the hill, and then it released its stream of silver fire.

02-Dec-2009 00:54:26

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The blast scathed the side of the hill. Morguth and Thilian, being on the back of the coffin, took the brunt of the attack. They were killed instantly, and then the fire came up on the sides. Soylon was burned to death as the silver wrapped him in a fiery cocoon. However, Morguth, Karzit*'s partner, was much larger than Thilian. Therefore, he blocked more of the fire. The silver reached Karzit*, but it was already diluted beyond lethal levels. The blaze struck Karzit*'s body on its right side, roasting him from head to toe. He felt the flames burn him, his skin turning red. All he knew was agony. Then, his weakened legs gave out, and he fell to the stone ground.
As the four holding the coffin were hit, they let the coffin go. Their forward momentum hurled both their bodies and the coffin toward the sea. Hytha, in front, never turned around. The wild coffin connected with the back of his head, crushing his skull in. He died instantly in a bloody mess, and the coffin broke open as well. The precious skeleton of Agaben careened down the hill, falling into the water with a crush that scattered the bones across the shallows.
Karzith alone escaped with his life. His seared body tumbled down into the shallows with the bones, and he bashed his head on the rock. His blurry eyes saw the water around him turning red, and he could feel it leaving from a wound on his forehead.
Time seemed to swirl in no particular pattern. It skipped and it slowed, holding Karzith in stasis. He heard the dragon give one final roar, before it left the scene to hunt for other Zamorakans. Karzit* was spared, but only for as long as he could survive on his own in the Wilderness. Then, Karzit* began to focus. He saw the red water around him, and floating in it were Agaben's various bones.

02-Dec-2009 00:55:06

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"No," he whispered, lamenting the loss of the intact skeleton. His friends could have escaped if they hadn't been carrying this; now their lives were lost for nothing. He struggled to move, but he couldn't manage much.
Then, Karzit* began to notice something. The red water around him was turning black. The darkness was reaching throughout the shallows, finding the bones and bringing them back. The bones floated in the amorphous dark mass, until all were compressed in a small area. Karzit* wondered if he was hallucinating from the head wound, but he was actually seeing this. Something strange was happening.
The darkness rose up, forming a pillar with the bones in it. Then, the bones began to rearrange themselves in the shadow. The skeleton was reforming.
Finally, the black mass had the full skeleton reassembled. It compressed, forming a thin membrane around the bones like a cloak. The thickest black mass surrounded the skull, and then it morphed into a face. Karzit* jumped as it appeared, for all of a sudden the skeleton was staring at him with living eyes. But it wasn't Agaben's face. The long black hair and features were similar, but the eyes were completely different. Agaben's eyes were filled with evil and madness, but this one was far more powerful in both areas. The irises were red, and they resonated with a bloodlust.
The skeleton turned to Karzit*. "You're still alive," he said, matter-of-factly. "That's good. Welcome to the inner circle, Karzit*."
Karzit* could hardly find words to use. "You know me?"
The face smiled. "I know all my followers."
"I never knew Agaben."
"Agaben? Well I guess I do look somewhat similar. No, I am not Agaben."
"Then who are you?"
The skeleton looked back with an odd expression. "I am Zamorak. Now hurry up, we have a lot of work to do."

02-Dec-2009 00:55:49

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BIO
PS - Please read the background story linked below!
Name: James Spencer.
Figure: Tall with slightly short dark hair. Slightly tanned skin.
Facial features: Clear cut face, recently shaved. Piercing green eyes.
Figure: Tall, strong build.
Clothing/armour/weapons: Rare, expensive and powerful sil*thril sword (heirloom and possibly able to harm the dragon due to its silver nature). Black linen tunic and trousers. Black satin cloak to envelope him. Tall black leather boots and long, dark leather jerkin. Invisible (not literally) at night. Wears a single dark gauntlet upon his right hand.
Background: Made a story for it ;) 49-50-431-59992626 (READ)
Family: Knights and lords, generally minor nobles, you decide where from.
Friends: Since his journey has found many allies in the criminal underworld very happy to have him as an asset. Last under employ of Zarosians. Accepts protection as payment.
Religion: None, abandoned saradomin. Possibly Zarosian.
Other: Has, since fleeing the murder he was framed for learned to use the powers of the gauntlet that supposedly caused it. The gauntlet can conjure up any money needed to him. It uses shadow attacks and can cause the air around it to glow when needed due to it's negativity. Varrokian hunt him down as do the forces of morytania. Wields sword in left hand to cater for the gauntlet.

EDIT,
PS, If he is a good guy let him die at the end. :) Gauntlet could bring him back to life evil in next story. :D
Feel free to alter it if you need to.

02-Dec-2009 23:15:22 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2009 12:05:11 by [#45SO12LQO]

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625 Back to Top