Forums

Clash of the Incarnations

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Casavar pressed his hand to his chest, feeling the metal laced into his flesh and thinking of the ramifications of the old mage's attack.

"Well," Kaisen continued, "Imbrite doesn't react except in the cases of strong lunar magic. On the rest of the world, it will hinder you in no way. However, the moment you set foot on this island, you will be weakened severely."

"You..."

"So, I will once again tell you what will happen. I am too powerful for you, especially now that I've sealed you with Imbrite. I will not pursue you beyond the shores of this island, so you should leave this place. Forget your quest to take Abiel, and continue your sick experiments elsewhere."

Casavar glanced down at the new scar on his chest, and then he looked up at the wizard with hatred burning in his eyes. Casavar shot a blast of dark energy into the ground, stirring up dust from the dry ground. When the dust cleared, the Mahjarrat was gone.

Kaisen closed his eyes, and he felt the vile creature's presence weakening further and further. He continued monitoring Casavar's progress until he could no longer feel him. Satisfied that the monster had truly left the island, Kaisen turned toward the fallen bodies of his son and daughter. Agony and rage boiling in his heart, he lifted them with magic and carried them away, down the path toward his home.
--------------

17-May-2010 04:13:53 - Last edited on 24-May-2010 21:58:03 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Thunder clapped in the sky as the black clouds rolled in over the Lunar Isle. The wind was picking up, creating ominous harbingers of the coming storm. The young girl looked up to the sky, unsettled by the change in weather. She held her bag more tightly and continued along the path toward the village. She had been in the fields gathering flax for her father, and she was about to be caught out in a storm.

The path was empty that day, for most travelers would avoid entering the storms. The girl hurried along the path, and she knew that the village was nearby. If she could just make it...

Suddenly, a loud rumble shook the world, and a flash of lightning carved its way across the sky like a fluorescent web. With this latest burst of lightning, the sky opened up, and rain fell to the Lunar Isle in torrents.

The girl groaned and pulled her hat tighter, an ineffective measure against the soaking rain. Her green Moonclan robes were getting drenched by the torrential rains. Then, she noticed that she wasn't getting wet. The rain fell around her at the same rate, but none was touching her head. She looked up, and she saw the water above her was being diverted off to the side before it reached her.

"What is this?" she asked, confused.

"This weather is terrible, isn't it?" came a voice from nearby. The girl turned quickly, and she saw another person approaching. This newcomer was also protected from the downpour by the strange magic. He was very short, only about four feet tall. He wore blue robes from head to toe, and a blue wizard's hat was perched on top of his head, showing just a little of his light brown hair. His blue eyes were crystalline and seemed to resonate cheerfulness, even in the midst of the rain. He held a water staff by his side, though it looked far too big for him.

29-May-2010 04:43:50

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"I suppose it is," the girl replied, still baffled by the recent events. The boy looked to be at least sixteen years old, but he was as short as a six year-old. Not only that, he seemed unfazed by the protective magic that shielded them from the falling water.

The boy smiled warmly at her. "It feels better with invisible umbrellas!" he said with a laugh.

"Invisible umbrellas?" the girl asked, confused even further.

"That's what I call my spell," the boy replied. He nodded to his water staff. "I can move the rain away as it falls. That's what is keeping us dry right now."

The girl gasped, realizing not only that the boy was casting the spell but also that the spell was incredibly advanced, and probably unique. "You can perform water magic?" she asked.

The boy nodded with a grin. "It's not Lunar magic, but my grandpa thinks it's good for me to learn outsider magic as well. He came from Yanille, so he knows all about elemental magic."

"Yanille? Are you related to Kaisen?"

"Yeah, that's him! I'm not surprised that you know him; he's really powerful."

The girl looked at the short mage. She had heard whispers in the Moonclan village, so she knew about the family of Kaisen. If he was related to the outsider Kaisen, then he must be the dwarf mage, the boy with dwarf and human blood flowing within him. However, as she looked into the radiant smile of this dwarf, she realized that several accompanying opinions about him were dead wrong. He was every bit as friendly as a person, and she could not see anything about him that even remotely signified hate.

"Yes, he is," she replied.

"I don't think I've ever seen you around," the boy replied. "What is your name?"

"I'm Hala," the girl replied. "What is yours?"

"I am Abiel," the boy responded with a smile. "It's nice to meet you." The water continued to pour around them, but they were still dry, thanks to Abiel's magic. "Are you returning to the village? Let's go, before my magic fades."

29-May-2010 04:44:30

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"Right," Hala replied. She and Abiel began walking along the drenched path toward the village.

"It's not a very good day to be outside of the village," Abiel said, smiling. "What brought you out here?"

Hala chuckled. "I came out to pick flax for my father. I didn't anticipate this storm."

"I didn't either," Abiel replied. "I had my water staff with me, so I was ready, but it did come out of nowhere. The weather has been strange lately."

Hala nodded. "Your magic is... very impressive," she said.

Abiel grinned widely. "Thanks! My grandpa thinks I'm even better than my father was!"

"Your father could do this?" Hala asked. Then, she frowned. She remembered that along with the stories of the strange dwarf-human hybrid came tales of murders by an outlander searching for it.

Back then, she had not realized how saddening it was, but, now that she saw how kind the hybrid was, she truly lamented his father's fate. "I'm sorry about what happened to him," Hala said.

Abiel lowered his gaze. "I was very young," he replied. "I didn't know him."

Hala looked inquisitively at the boy. Then, Abiel smiled up at her. "But my grandpa knew him, and he said that he would be proud of my talent."

Hala smiled back, but inwardly she was stunned by the dwarf mage's smile. His parents were murdered by a monster from Morytania, the sage had told her many years before. How was he so immune from anger?

The city walls appeared on the horizon before them. "We're almost there!" said Hala, relieved.

They took off up the path much quicker than they had been traveling, heartened by the sight of that city.

29-May-2010 04:46:29

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

I know adds have been very slow lately, and I apologize for that. I'm suffering from a bad case of writer's block, not in events but in actually forming my thoughts into words. This will hopefully pass soon, and adds will be coming more often.

Thanks! Until next time!

29-May-2010 05:27:24

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625 Back to Top