Forums

Quest/Skill Goals (v2)

Quick find code: 48-49-959-65603859

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Posts: 854 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, Birthright of the Dwarves is done. It's ok. I appreciated how things get resolved in this quest, like how to deal with memory magic used by the ogre shaman for evil purposes as opposed to dealing with the shaman directly, which probably won't fix the problem alone. My only problem with this quest is the boss fights, and my, where to start. For the first round with Grimsson, when he is doing his special ability that involves choke holding Veldaban and then throwing him, should it deal less damage to Veldaban when he is thrown into anything else besides us so that he won't die as much? But anyway, it took me 3 tries to take him down. In the second round against Grimsson, his special attack is ridiculous with him charging into us that deals damage to us. Its just hard to keep up with the health if he keeps hurting me like that. In any event, I was able to take in down in 5 to 6 tries. Then there's Hreidmar. He is hard as hell when he keeps summoning chaos dwarf minions all the time. His special abilities don't help much when he either powers up his cannoneers much and heals himself. This battle is so bad that I think its laughing at Graardor the God from The Mighty Fall, though this quest didn't take as much tries as the other. I was only able to take him down almost a dozen times with ranged. Overall, its an ok quest with good story, alongside with visual looks into memories of people affected by Grunsh's memory magic, and meh combat. Also, how the hell did Klaas figure out that Veldaban wasn't the true king of Keldagrim is anyone's guess. But, seriously, how did he figure that out?

16-Jul-2017 04:49:05

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Oh, and for the choices I've made in the past 2 quests? In The Light Within, I've excluded the Haluned shard, aka the Dark Lord shard, from restoring Seren, as well as Eluned. After all, Eluned is her own person, even without the presence of Seren to know that she is connected to the Goddess anyhow. In Birthright of the Dwarves, I've let Veldaban to live and let him continue to rule as king, because that is the most sensible thing to do, right?

27-Jul-2017 03:11:02

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Good news. I finally got through the 3th wave of the Bandosian afterlife with my crystal bow, super ranged potion (the same one I used for Birthright of the Dwarves, though I didn't mention this until now, whoops), and an aggression potion. I may have lost count of losses against the Bandosians because I was so frustrated for not succeeding in said wave. But it may have been like, what, over 30 or something? But anyways, progress with Nomad's Elegy.

05-Aug-2017 16:15:16

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Well, it looks like I have traded one impossible part of Nomad's Elegy quest for another. And, it seems that the quest will take me forever to complete. What part of the quest now, you may ask? I'm on the final boss fight with Nomad, and it's on the phase where he clones himself. And, my god, its horrendously ridiculous. Since it may be another while for me to continue adventuring, and complete this stupid quest at this point, I really had a fun adventure within the last 3 months. I'll let you guys know when I regain my membership so that we can finish off the current quests on this list and the other list I started in June, as well as doing future quests and doing some adventures in POP. For now, see you all later.

10-Aug-2017 14:22:15

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Speaking of stupid quests, I think I'm planning on either sending an email or write a letter to the Runescape team demanding they un-nerf the combat phases with Nomad and the Bandosian afterlife. Otherwise, I refuse to continue with Nomad's Elegy anymore.

10-Aug-2017 14:27:06

Quick find code: 48-49-959-65603859 Back to Top