Forums

Premier Membership Trouble

Quick find code: 410-411-41-66266682

Ishtii
Oct Member 2018

Ishtii

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My membership extending into 2026 was a decision Jagex made - I didn't even ask for it. I'd been paying for a friend who didn't actually play, and who lost access to his account. So I needed to get Jagex to remove my payment method. They did that, but then they transferred all of the unused membership to my account without soliciting my opinion. It seemed like a nice thing to do, but I had no idea it would mess up my Premier membership down the line.

Considering all the members who seem to have this pre-paid subscription issue, I'm fairly shocked the new Premier was launched without a single thought to how it would affect these players. That's an appalling lack of foresight, as was launching during DXP, as was launching in the middle of the month before paid Premier members had done their monthly vault access.

Now we hear "perhaps sometime in the first HALF of 2023" there may be a solution better than writing to support and asking them to move allllll of your excess membership time to an alt so you can "free up" your account to pay for Premier.

How about you pro-rate for us? How about you say "since we've horribly inconvenienced you, we'll let you EXCHANGE a year of your excess membership for Premier?" And allow this until *all* excess membership has been spent down.

24-Nov-2022 02:12:45

FizzyOrange
Mar Member 2007

FizzyOrange

Posts: 706 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ishtii said :

How about you pro-rate for us? How about you say "since we've horribly inconvenienced you, we'll let you EXCHANGE a year of your excess membership for Premier?" And allow this until *all* excess membership has been spent down.

That's a great idea! I'd be happy with that as a solution.

24-Nov-2022 09:53:03 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2022 09:53:20 by FizzyOrange

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ishtii said :
I'm fairly shocked the new Premier was launched without a single thought to how it would affect these players. That's an appalling lack of foresight, as was launching during DXP, as was launching in the middle of the month before paid Premier members had done their monthly vault access.
Premier Membership was launched on 4th May, over six months ago.
News Item: NEW MEMBERSHIP & SHOP PRICE CHANGES

It could have been purchased at any time since then as it is available all year round.

What you saw in the news on 9th November was the annual "refresh" notice.
Because Premier Membership is no longer linked to the calendar year the way the old Premier Club was, it needs to "refresh" each year to provide a new set of benefits.

What I have seen this month is a almost total lack of understanding of Premier Membership and its nuances.
I have to admit even I didn't understand the full implications of the introduction of the Premier Membership product. In my opinion, it has been very cleverly designed to ease players out of the grandfathered pricing guarantee.
I think the buying problem players are experiencing was unintended. Jagex would never willingly create something that prevents players from spending money with them.
Obviously it is a major glitch and, if they are predicting a 2023 resolution, it means it must be a very major glitch.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Nov-2022 12:50:12

FizzyOrange
Mar Member 2007

FizzyOrange

Malua said :
it has been very cleverly designed to ease players out of the grandfathered pricing guarantee.

They're trying to stop us getting the grandfathered pricing? Spookily enough I did actually wonder if the 'No Premier for you" issue was a means of getting me to somehow lose (opt out/give up) on the legacy pricing. Does everyone who has this issue have Grandfathered pricing, btw? That's interesting if they do.

Malua said :
I think the buying problem players are experiencing was unintended. Jagex would never willingly create something that prevents players from spending money with them.

And yet that seems to be exactly what has happened. I'm less interested in how it happened and more interested in hearing (from Jagex) how they plan to fix it. And when.

Malua said :
Obviously it is a major glitch and, if they are predicting a 2023 resolution, it means it must be a very major glitch.

Meanwhile, myself and others like me have to either not play (because it's unplayable without the bank space being re-instated by means of purchased Premier), or spending money to buy bank space, or ditching/gifting/selling items from our bank that we really don't want to part with, just to free up space that we lost through no fault of our own. I wonder how many are affected by this.

It's not good enough.

24-Nov-2022 13:59:52

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

"Does everyone who has this issue have Grandfathered pricing, btw?"

No, the buying problem is not linked to grandfathered pricing.
Encouraging players to buy Premier Membership is easing them out from grandfathered pricing not the glitch stopping them from buying.

"or ditching/gifting/selling items from our bank that we really don't want to part with, just to free up space"

I think you will discover quite a few items in your bank you can do without.
There is a lot of stuff in the game that is super easy to gather or buy and doesn't need to be stored.
Are you making full use of your POH storage?
Forum Community Helper -

24-Nov-2022 20:49:54 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2022 20:58:30 by Malua

FizzyOrange
Mar Member 2007

FizzyOrange

"
Encouraging players to buy Premier Membership is easing them out from grandfathered pricing not the glitch stopping them from buying.

Is there a need to ease them out of Grandfathered pricing? Why can't they stay on it? Are Jagex sick of the Grandfathered accounts paying less for all these years? Because I haven't paid less all these years, I've paid exactly the same as everyone else has for my Premier Gold, it just so happens that all my accrued membership is rolling forward with me and as long as I keep buying Premier that will continue. Except I'm not allowed to buy Premier Gold now. They/you can slice it anyway they/you like but the truth is, my grandfathered member price is hindering my purchase of Premier.

"I think you will discover quite a few items in your bank you can do without.
There is a lot of stuff in the game that is super easy to gather or buy and doesn't need to be stored.
Are you making full use of your POH storage?"

You're missing the point. I shouldn't have to whittle my bank contents down in order to purchase something that is available to everyone else as standard and and be able to get all the incentives that go with that purchase . I'm sure there will be items in my bank that if I chose to I could ditch/gift/sell/move, but why do I have to? Why is it down to me to try and accomodate Jagex's block/glitch?

I've been playing this game for over 15 years and on multiple accounts so I know my way around the game and the bank. If there's something in there it's there because I want it there. I don't want to have to figure out how to get rid so that I can get it again.

Just as an example, my worn gear is augmented Lucky items. How should I go about putting them in the bank so I can go Dungeoneering? I'd have to lose at least 100 items from my bank and then some more to free up space for any new stuff. Is that fair?

24-Nov-2022 22:32:21 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2022 22:40:26 by FizzyOrange

Ishtii
Oct Member 2018

Ishtii

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"What you saw in the news on 9th November was the annual "refresh" notice.
Because Premier Membership is no longer linked to the calendar year the way the old Premier Club was, it needs to "refresh" each year to provide a new set of benefits."

Fair enough - I did not know. I still think a mid-month and mid-DXP cutoff was ill-planned. I was also unaware I was in some sort of "grandfathered" pricing structure - my assumption was that Jagex could (and likely would) change the Premier pricing on an annual basis.

If there has been a surprising amount of confusion from members on this subject, this again indicates that the changes to Premier were not rolled out cleanly - as we know it wasn't, because of all the kerfluffle currently going on with over-subscribed accounts. I can see what Jagex is trying to do, but they appear to have forgotten that there are a plethora of accounts that needed a transition phase to the ultimate goal (Premier membership, or "regular" membership, no other options.)

I hope Jagex can find a solution for accounts in this over-subbed state. In the meantime, I caved and used the sale at Solomon's to regain my lost bank space. Not thrilled about that, but at least I'm back to normal on that score.

25-Nov-2022 14:41:16

wiebedj
Sep Member 2008

wiebedj

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I seem to have lost a month of Premier Membership at some point. I would like to get it back.

I used to pay for the Premier Membership at the end of December, as shown in my transaction history listed below. Then in 2020 I paid a month early because I had some extra money at that point.

Last year my membership ended on Nov 26. I thought it was a glitch but I paid it right away. Today it expired again, on Nov 26.

So, by paying a month early in 2020, I appear to have lost a month of Premier membership. I think Jagex owes me 1 month of Premier membership.

Dec 22, 2018 12:00:00 AM
Dec 27, 2019 12:00:00 AM
Nov 26, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Nov 26, 2021 12:00:00 AM

I have the transaction ids available if you need them.

I went to Runescape.com > Account Management > Manage Subscription > View Account to see this:

Package 1 Month Member Subscription
Start Date 10-09-2011
Rebill Date 11-03-2023

It seems all those free weeks of subscription from those Amazon.com Umbral packs is adding up, plus whatever was left in my regular membership when I bought my first Premier membership.

My immediate problem is that now I don't have enough bank space. I just lost the 100 spaces from Premier Membership and I am stuck.

26-Nov-2022 05:34:51

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Hi there
wiebedj

You need to message Billing Support and get them to check your account.

Start on the Double charged support page and use the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom to get to a message form.
While the page topic isn't exactly your issue, the contact button will get you to the place you need to message from.

Unfortunately Billing Support JMods are very behind in responding to tickets currently. It could be almost a week before you get a reply. :(
Forum Community Helper -

26-Nov-2022 07:06:00

Quick find code: 410-411-41-66266682 Back to Top