Forums

Pride, Pet Changes & Mobile

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918

Eeeeep
Jan Member 2024

Eeeeep

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's great that Jagex is working to create a more inclusive game and is celebrating pride.

Unfortunately the OSRS playerbase can be very stuck in their ways and can somehow see celebrating pride as an attack (it's such a subtle celebration too xD)

Also, great changes on the mobile client! Great for when I'm at work~

22-Jun-2022 12:35:25

FKNERVEPAIN
Oct Member 2021

FKNERVEPAIN

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eeeeep said :
I think it's great that Jagex is working to create a more inclusive game and is celebrating pride.

Unfortunately the OSRS playerbase can be very stuck in their ways and can somehow see celebrating pride as an attack (it's such a subtle celebration too xD)

so it is good to force a political view and divide a community? Wouldnt it be better for a Company to stay neutral? Worst mistake they could have made as a company. It is called political suicide and has been downfall of many so far

22-Jun-2022 12:43:33 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2022 12:46:20 by FKNERVEPAIN

PrismEnchant

PrismEnchant

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kudos for growing and changing with the times, awesome to see. I have always kinda struggled with the social aspects of Runescape because of the playerbase leaning toward the queerphobic (and sexist, and racist, etc) side of things. I wouldn't feel comfortable inviting most friends to join the game unless they had fond memories already. And most folks I know who used to play aren't interested enough to come back because it sucks to be in that kind of social environment. I've stopped played because either I turn off public chat or I'm constantly hearing toxic, regressive junk - not exactly the vibe I'm looking for in my down time. I've been hoping OSRS would make steps in this direction for a long time, tbh. I think moving the needle towards a more centrist/neutral political vibe like this would probably be a good step for growing the playerbase, but I'll freely admit that's based on personal experiences and anecdotes.

Hoping that soon I'll hear I won't have to get a sex change to marry the girl in Throne of Miscellenia - childhood goals lol

22-Jun-2022 12:46:05

Feldip
Jul Member 2006

Feldip

Posts: 1,207 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eeeeep said :

I'm fine with the event. I have a HUGE problem with a modern "more tolerant" Jagex making unpolled changes to content made by funnier and arguably better developers.

We play this game because its older and we like it, not because we want to empower an endlessly greedy and idiotic company to water it down into something unrecognizable.

22-Jun-2022 12:49:50

Hairy Colon
Oct Member 2022

Hairy Colon

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eeeeep said :

Why is "I don't want to talk about politics or sexual orientation on a video game" seen as a personal attack? Identity politics makes up 90% of what we hear and see every day on the news. It's tiresome. I play games to relax with my friends, not listen to a game and idealogues preach to me about thought crimes I've never been guilty of. Even in this thread, the most hostile and passive aggressive posts seem to be from people in favor of the event.

If they really wanted gay representation, why not make a well-written gay NPC in a quest- something I'd argue would be much, much more well received by both the LGBT community and those against these sort of IRL politics events? As is, this is disingenuous, last-minute "woke" pandering that reeks of corporate greed.

22-Jun-2022 13:19:00 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2022 13:20:29 by Hairy Colon

Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posts: 9,022 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FKNERVEPAIN said :
I do NOT force my beliefs on anyone nor do i want theirs forced on me. That being said the update shouldnt be done and needs removed. Are you ate jagex wanting to start fights and split the community? You just did. you should have stayed neautral. Real dumb stupid update to have done

So how exactly aren't you forcing your beliefs onto other if you want this event removed? Nobody forces you to partake in it, but apparently that's not enough for you? You don't want anyone to be able to enjoy it because of your political views?
Clan Europe Staff
|
Clan Cup Winners
|
Maxed Pure F2P

22-Jun-2022 13:30:06

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918 Back to Top