Forums

Soul Wars And 20th Anniversary

Quick find code: 380-381-683-66196835

Mr J0ker
Aug Member 2008

Mr J0ker

Posts: 579 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With all the changes about to made to soul wars, the mini game will be dead content come the changes. Clans have always run soul wars since before the change in 2007 to EOC. The only way to fix soul wars is to first reset the zeal caps to 3 zeal for a win - 2 zeal for a tie and 1 zeal for a loss. Then reduce the cost of the rewards to a certain point. This solves the issue of everyone worrying about boosting for zeal where you actively have to win. Next open up the cap limit of the pens and allow for at least 100v100 in soul wars games. the clans that play their goal is to get as many of their clan in a game as possible. by limiting the amount of people in each game it is causing the issue where every game is appearing "stacked" as opposed to every other game when the clans are not in the game. It makes the zeal hunters happy because they don't have to worry about the clans every single game. It makes the clans happy because they are all getting to play and do what they do. As for clans warring each other getting rid of the zeal will make the clans not war each other. Yes it is the goal for the clans to beat each other but they wouldn't be fighting in the first place if rewards were not at stake. I have been playing RS for over 15 years and was in Soul Reapers run by xxdeathx before EOC killed the minigame. I started actively playing again because soul wars came back on osrs as did many people I know.

for suggestions of reducing the cost of rewards make a crate 6 zeal. make the cape 250 zeal, make the ectoplasmator 30 zeal. as for XP make the xp rates what they used to be in 2007.

13-Jan-2021 22:29:32

Ahzoh
Jul Member 2023

Ahzoh

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pescao6 said :
The game is fine.

No it's not. It's literally imbalanced.

Original message details are unavailable.
There is a minority of new players who aren't familiar with the game and find older players with more knowledge of the game annoying.
Stop mischaracterizing the people who are making the complaints. They are, in fact, not "new players who dunno how to git gud", many of them are soul wars veterans who knew what it was like before. I am one such veteran. Many are also people who engage in lots of pvp.

Let people discover how to best play the game

There is no strategy to defeat sweaty nerds in 1b gear than to also be a sweaty nerd in 1b gear.

I supported Soul Wars only so I could go in there with my clan and enjoy Multi PvP with high hopes of the revival of Soul Wars clans which were popular at one point
That's why they should have a lobby/world for randomized teams with earnable zeal and another lobby/world for clan versus clan with earnable zeal.

Yeah, it's going to always be the case that one side is probably going to win.

If only a team winning was dependent on actual strategy and skill instead of just sheer numbers of maxxed mains with billion dollar gear stacking to one side.
The same thing always happens on Castle Wars and that's fine.
No, it's not fine. People have been for years been making videos about how castle wars is absolutely broken and unplayable because of saboteurs who stack on one team and feed low level alts on the other team to prevent the other team from ever being able to defeat them. And those alts will just stand there and do nothing or they will hide all the barricades in untravelled locations so the losing team cant barricade. And then if you want to get any tickets at all you have to pay them an arm and a leg to join their team. This is the future you want.
Here's a more recent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJztFLKKDnc

14-Jan-2021 00:34:37 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2021 00:39:15 by Ahzoh

Loliskrt

Loliskrt

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rewards needs something there to be worth grinding out, the prayer cape is too expensive and pointless for those not maxed in their account progression. If there was an untradeable or item to add to another item which people would use out and in the gamemode would make playing more enjoyable urhm, pog?

15-Jan-2021 16:42:19

Leta
Jan
fmod Member

Leta

Forum Moderator Posts: 25,401 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very much enjoyed the 20th anniversary event. Lots of clever dialogues and brought back some good memories. Sad that Chuck the log certer mentioned Niles, Giles, etc, but forgot poor Sidney Smith the bone certer! Would have been nice to see her, too.

Especially glad to see Thrander - my favourite NPC. I've even named my pet tortoise after him irl. Would love to see a quest based on Thrander in the future and have him return. As his house is still there in Varrock, anvil and all. Just no Thrander! And seemed like he might have wanted to come back. ;)

Also wish the gnome child could have stayed and followed me around forever. I sortof liked the company, even if he is a bit slow.
RSC - Gone, but never forgotten.

16-Jan-2021 00:05:12 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2021 00:10:19 by Leta

Exo8

Exo8

Posts: 892 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very disappointed that this update was made. I finally was starting to get back into the social aspect of runescape (joining a clan, trying to move up in the community, etc.). Not being able to play with your friends or clan defeats the purpose of this game entirely. Now you just look at which side you would rather be put on based on levels and keep leaving and coming back until you get the one you want.

Please change this back to being able to choose teams, I really enjoyed this game!

21-Jan-2021 05:49:54

Exo8

Exo8

Posts: 892 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very disappointed that this update was made. I finally was starting to get back into the social aspect of runescape (joining a clan, trying to move up in the community, etc.). Not being able to play with your friends or clan defeats the purpose of this game entirely. Now you just look at which side you would rather be put on based on levels and keep leaving and coming back until you get the one you want.

Please change this back to being able to choose teams, I really enjoyed this game!

21-Jan-2021 05:49:56

tmnt 4
Dec Member 2023

tmnt 4

Posts: 258 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you wanna fix the game make 1 world green portal take the other 2 back and open up all worlds for soulwars that way if u wanan boost zeals with ur clans and alt u can do it on a off world not an active world no1 wants to fight 50 people vs just 10 thats not a game its a massacer that way if u stumble accross a game that being alt that ur own fualt for joining.

2nd maybe create the game alil more orginal the way it was on rs2/eoc main game

3rd add back the slayer exp as a reward i have 10k points no use for them cause i am maxed

4th for the clans that do grimy game play with the alts that why that update for balancing teams happen in first place no need too spawn trap like crazy 10 vs 50 play the game, finish it move on no1 wants to be spawned by 50 people vs just 10 or just 1 cause i been in a game i got piled talked smacked to 1 vs aleast 25 i wasnt 2 thrilled about it i am an old player but i fight the clans thats what i like to do it wasnt an alt game back in the day it shouldnt be an alt game now

play like yall use to when u had oppossing team member on oppsite side be active collect souls or bury bones just dont stand around or simply help fellow team member reach the max zeals even if its 40 this a community were we all suppose be for helping each other grow not tearing one another apart i rather see a the losing side get max 40 zeals then just 10-20 same with the winning side yall help one another out more people would hit 60 zeals instead of 30-40 for that win time yall use ur heads instead of just trying be that clan thinking of best way too screw other team out of zeals cause then nobody gonna wanna play it.

thats my thoughts on it anyway on what i played of the game so far

thank you all sincerly

sen36989

24-Jan-2021 02:02:42

Quick find code: 380-381-683-66196835 Back to Top