Forums

Soul Wars And 20th Anniversary

Quick find code: 380-381-683-66196835

Shuuby Doo

Shuuby Doo

Posts: 587 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm so excited for Soul Wars to be back but I do believe the rewards need some work. I think including the imbue's you can do in NMZ here is a bit redundant, but fine as an added option to the 'grind' for players.

As such, I really think this is a great opportunity to introduce some new rewards that can be used cross-functionally.

Some ideas:
- Armor sets with set bonuses that activate in matches but not outside (or maybe they do?) yet it's still a viable option to use outside.
- Slayer Armor! - I remember in RS3, it was a great way to get some slayer training done in SW because of all the slayer monsters in there too. Maybe this could be a good way to tie-in creating some new slayer armor instead of just having the slayer helm and weapons in the game.
- New staff/weaponry that's representative of Soul Wars like the staff.
- New potion(s) purchasable only through Soul Wars but usable outside the game.
- Maybe add an option to utilize Zeal on other skills/stats.

Just some random thoughts above; I'm sure some will be loved and some hated but feel free to comment! I think there's an opportunity to create some rewards that are truly dynamic to the playability of the game by tieing SW's with something else too. I think Slayer may be the best option there especially with all the Slayer updates we saw in 2020 anyway; this could set many things up in the future in terms of slayer.

*Note, I'm not even a big slayer fan so definitely not speaking around this in bias. :)

Thanks all, hope to see some new rewards in general very soon! I'll be saving my zeal until then.

11-Jan-2021 21:26:16

prom eth eus

prom eth eus

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Being able to have both

1) Worlds that have auto balancing

2) Worlds like they are now for clans

Would be the best thing for the game. Right now it's all decided on which team the clan in the world picks.

Also, can you consider removing the zeal % loss that happens when you lose? You're already getting much less zeal, but with the loss you're lucky to get 10.

11-Jan-2021 21:58:16

Ahzoh
Mar Member 2024

Ahzoh

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shuuby Doo said :
Armor sets with set bonuses that activate in matches but not outside (or maybe they do?) yet it's still a viable option to use outside.

They should definitely bring back the hybrid minigame armour:
https://runescape.wiki/w/Hybrid_armour

12-Jan-2021 03:17:21 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2021 03:18:04 by Ahzoh

Vampyre King
Jan Member 2024

Vampyre King

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vampyre King said :
Reward Ideas:

1) Slayer Helm Recolor (Avatar Themed) - You can buy an ingredient of either avatar to add to your slayer helm for maybe 300 points, after unlocking the recolor ability for the usual 1k slayer points.

2) Hybrid Armors - These armors are only sold as sets and worn as a set for instance you can't mix a different helm, body, or legs with this set. They would have no offensive bonuses and be purely for defensive bonuses. So one set could specialize in melee and range defence, one in melee and mage defence, and one in range and mage defence. Perhaps they could require 75 defence and maybe a hitpoints level requirement of 75 as well? Depending on how good the bonuses are of course. One set of armor could cost 500 - 700 perhaps?

3) Blighted Vestas Longsword - Ok here me out... I thought it would be neat if you could use the blighted vls in soul wars and perhaps other pvp minigames as well, but of course nothing outside of that (i.e pvm activities). Would function the exact same except it is sold in the shop and can be use in soul wars. Maybe it would cost 500 - 700?

Most of these rewards I proposed will only be usable in soul wars, and I did this on purpose. I thought that it may give more incentive for some players to continue to play soul wars after they have gotten all the rewards they want from the shop. I think rewards like these will keep people more engaged in the activity.

I'm just re-posting this.
Out of these three I'd rank how much I'd like to see them, 1st would be hybrid armor, 2nd would be the Blighted Vestas Longsword, and 3rd would be the slayer helm recolor ingredient!
Anyway take care! =)

12-Jan-2021 12:30:05

Nyst3
Feb Member 2024

Nyst3

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It would be nice as a reward for Soul wars to add an item that could change colour of the Blade of Saeldor (c) its the best in slot slash weapon, but when using it, you look like some noob with dragon longsword, we have way to many red weapon, I would be happy to be able to recolour my BoS (c) to purple/blue or any other colour than red

12-Jan-2021 21:10:29

MrZezima lol
Mar Member 2024

MrZezima lol

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love soul wars. It was one of my favorite minigames years ago. It's definitely discouraging though because its damn near impossible to win as the clans are flooding a specific team. I've won like 2 games out of 20. It makes me not want to play. I definitely agree to making it so that no matter what your team is randomly chosen. And if clans or friends want to play with each other or against each other then adding a world where you can choose your team would be ideal as well. But as it stands it's incredibly unbalanced.

12-Jan-2021 21:28:04

Pescao6
Aug Member 2007

Pescao6

Posts: 9,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex, why are you so controlling? You're not helping the game by removing strategies used in Multi PvP. All you're doing is discouraging tactics from getting published on the wiki and scaring the life of the entire community whose majority doesn't even know how to PvP.

First, you ruined shove which was fine for 15 years. Now, you've taken away the ring of stone from Soul Wars. I mean what's next? No more using mithril seeds on the Wilderness and Clan Wars? Stop, just stop. The game is fine. Stop doing unpolled changes because there is a minority of new players who aren't familiar with the game and find older players with more knowledge of the game annoying. Let people discover how to best play the game, and let Multi PvP breathe for a bit. You're asphyxiating the Multi PvP community.

And as for the whole Soul Wars singles, really? really? really? Get out of here. If Soul Wars is singles and I can't pick a team, I'm not going back in there. I supported Soul Wars only so I could go in there with my clan and enjoy Multi PvP with high hopes of the revival of Soul Wars clans which were popular at one point. Yeah, it's going to always be the case that one side is probably going to win. The same thing always happens on Castle Wars and that's fine. If your concern is about enjoying the game, just add better rewards to the losing team like more zeals. That way everyone gets a participation trophy. O_o
Pescao6
of
El Imperio Latino

Hola Noob! Klk? What's up?
~
Discord: Pescao6#0001

13-Jan-2021 08:58:08

skyknight08
Apr Member 2023

skyknight08

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes I think they should randomize and balance the teams for soul wars, as it stands it's very unbalanced and it causes it to not be as much fun for most players who aren't level 126. Thank you. Besides that, great update!

13-Jan-2021 21:58:48

Quick find code: 380-381-683-66196835 Back to Top