Forums

Game Integrity: Revision

Quick find code: 380-381-470-65997996

NameAU

NameAU

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that the proposed changes to Duel Arena may change the people who are RWTing but not fix the underlying problem of if you get lucky and make billions at the arena, you'll still want to sell it for thousands of dollars if you're not already rich IRL. Creating easier access to content typically locked behind thousands of hours grinding could make the situation worse.

16-Mar-2018 14:43:58 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 15:00:52 by NameAU

Mr Irn Horse

Mr Irn Horse

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really good ideas from the team, I am sick and tired of seeing people constantly attempting to scam/advertise phishing sites in the grand exchange, especially in F2P. Love the drop scam value cap idea too, I fell victim to a few of these a few years ago and it's deeply upsetting. As for the value I'd say anything from 1-5m, if people wanted to host a high value drop party they would go to the party room right? The host could have the ability to lock the doors so they don't have to worry about random unwanted players coming in and taking part. Party Pete would sell a key to lock the doors with, for a one time use so the locking ability doesn't get abused.

16-Mar-2018 15:15:23 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 15:26:37 by Mr Irn Horse

Sardaukar I

Sardaukar I

Posts: 643 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like most of this, the only one that brought me concern is the pickpocketing one. Personally when I go pickpocketing I fill my inventory with dodgy necklaces and then just suicide and return and pick up my necklaces. Regardless of my suicide tactics or just using food, having your inventory mostly full of supplies while pickpocketing can be very beneficial. Having to leave half your inventory open while pickpocketing just so that you dont have to open a coin purse after every pickpocket is going to have a much bigger impact than simply having to click on your inventory once every 27 pickpockets.

16-Mar-2018 15:21:29

JalYt Thermy

JalYt Thermy

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If I may give my opinion,

For the change to the anti-dragon and dragonfire shields perhaps you could restrict the ability to -block- dragonfire with these shields behind the Dragonslayer quest. This as opposed to locking the shields entirely behind the quest.

Ingame it could be explained that you need to learn from people who have prior experience with dragons how to properly defend yourself from their breath attacks.

This would allow pures to keep using the anti-dragon shield while bot accounts will need a fair amount of work to use the shield against their favorite prey. Everybody's happy! (Well not the botters, but that's a good thing!)

---Just a little quick thought I had on how it could be explained in quest... when you go to receive an anti-dragon shield from Duke Horacio a short fade to black occurs with a text box saying something along the lines of: "As the Duke presents the shield, he explains to you the proper guarding technique against a dragon's flame." And at that point you can use the anti dragon and dragonfire shields against dragons.---

One last point! You should probably restrict access to Ancient Wyvern Shields and Dragonfire Wards as well for good measure.

16-Mar-2018 15:33:16 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 15:34:29 by JalYt Thermy

Sens249

Sens249

Posts: 152 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For pickpocketing I like the idea but I have a better suggestion. Instead, make the coin purses stackable but after you have ~28 or so, you must right click to empty them which would then provide a stack of coins. This way, you only have 2 inventory spots filled but still require the same amount of attention.

16-Mar-2018 15:51:13 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 15:53:44 by Sens249

Dippy

Dippy

Posts: 829 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is no need for the drop scam update, we've already got in-game measures to counteract this. Just let people know they have options to use.

As far as death mechanics go, I wish it could be possible to revert them to the original oldschool death mechanics, but there is almost no way that could be done without opening up the same old bag of worms as years past saw. I do hope there will be a suitable update to reintroduce a consequence for death in game, but perhaps it could encompass the idea of a gold sink, rather than looking to place gold sinks elsewhere in the game. One idea I was in favor of is something that already exists in several areas of the game already; broken armours and repairment fees. This idea could be used to implement even more gold sinks that are already being used in this fashion, but extend the use to pvm deaths as well. On death, the three (or possibly 4) protected items are kept within the players inventory and all other items are dropped to the floor. The 1 hour retrieval timer would still exist, but all non-supplies and equipable items would be "broken" and would require a player to repair them much like barrows equipment or commonly broken and repaired pvp related untradable items.
Captain of Hero PvM
2232/2277

16-Mar-2018 16:06:08 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2018 16:09:44 by Dippy

Quick find code: 380-381-470-65997996 Back to Top