Forums

Wildy Rejuv II - Revisited

Quick find code: 380-381-448-65974281

Eulios

Eulios

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
also how about the option to recolour ghostly robes to purple,phasmatys green, cyan blue or zombie blue . . etc in a second window of the bh reward shop or even druidic robes .. idk please anything for us .

21-Dec-2017 10:44:08

Krelaino

Krelaino

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stop trying to bring PVMers into the wild & make the wild better for Pkers. You did good things to DMM to make it more favourable for solo pkers, do the same with main BH world/Wilderness it'll be a lot better.

* Use DMM PJ Timer in the regular wilderness/BH worlds

* Add DMM Immunity to the regular wilderness/BH worlds

* Make it so killing some1 in deeper wild gives you better chance at a higher tier emblem

* Make it so above 20 wilderness the PJ timer is 30-60 seconds in single combat. This prevents clans from tagging solo pkers 24/7 & encourages solo pkers to venture deeper into the wilderness

21-Dec-2017 11:00:46

Dilz
Apr Member 2016

Dilz

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys, I had some interesting concepts for uniques to be added to the Wilderness. Just general concepts that I havnt worked out specific numbers, hopefully you guys like them!

first I want to bring up why these ideas might work. Right now a problem is pvmers don't want to be forced into the Wilderness. What if some PvP items could also be used by pvmers in the wildy to have more survivability?

Next when you look at gear used in the wild, there are many alternatives that can be used for every slot, although with rings there aren't really many options. The 2 big ones are ring of recoil, and ring of life. some ideas I've thought of take the mechanics of them but tweaked.

Ring : prayer - a ring that acts similar to recoil, but instead you gain a very small amount of prayer points when you take damage (1-3 depending on hit, like the recoil). This way if you are being being, you'll still lose prayer, but at a reduced rate. you'll also only regain prayer when taking decent amounts of damage. It could be beneficial to both pvpers and pvmers in the Wilderness.

the idea can be applied to other things to.

Ring : Recoil/Regen run energy - when worn you sap the run energy from your opponent and give to yourself. this could be done when you receive damage or deal, whatever seems best.

Ring : Recoil immobility - when barraged, or entangled you reflect a small amount of immobility to your opponent. if you get barraged for 30seconds, the person who barraged you receives it for something like 5-10seconds.

Ring : Poison recoil - similar to recoil/vengeance but it would reflect poison damage you take to your opponent. This would give pkers the option to stay poisoned, and be able to reflect it and use to combo/stack. Risk/reward situation on both ends.

As you can see they all have similar ideas that can be applied to many things and it could help pkers aswell as pvmers survive in PvP situations.

u could have these as dust that drop from revs and be applied to existing gems

21-Dec-2017 16:15:06

2 2 7

2 2 7

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think you guys should just put the pvp armours and the loot key into rev caves. I'm flabbergasted that the loot key keeps failing, it's one of the best idea's for pvp I've ever seen. Not only does it up the risk for pking/reward factors, but it also gives pkers more reasons to kill bots. I saw people say their reasoning for voting no on the key was because the price of dragon bones would go up and that the bots would have a hard rime making money with pkers killing them more often....which is absolutely pathetic reasoning.

Having pkers help Jagex protect the integrity of the game by killing bots....seems genius to me. The key would be a great money sink, I could see all levels of pkers having a use for the keys.

People were selfish voting no to the keys and the pvp armours. Afraid to enter the wilderness so they vote no to content based around the wilderness. Therefore I think you guys should just put it all in, give it a two week test period and lets see the feedback from the community and adjust accordingly. People are simply voting no to pvp armours because they come from the wilderness, if they came from bandos, all these no votes would be thrilled and be a yes. But instead, since theres a risk factor, people are pissy and vote no. But isn't that what the wilderness is all about? If there's no risk/reward then there's no wilderness.

I appreciate that the caves have been released and I've found it sad seeing people cry constantly instead of being appreciative of what they have. The logic from people is just so out to lunch/far fetched....it's like they live on another planet. One guy on here said the 100x drops devalues gold....like what? What does that matter unless you sell gold for real life money. On top of the fact it's a 1/11k drop, like just further reason why these people should just be ignored.

21-Dec-2017 16:41:24 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2017 16:43:59 by 2 2 7

Ferocire

Ferocire

Posts: 10,978 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Revs

The problem with revs is not just the drops themselves. It's the clans. Revs will never be profitable if one has to teleport every 3-5 minutes and they will never be profitable if there's only one way out due to random, arbitrary agility obstacles being splattered over the map.

In pre eoc, while clans went though revs often....solo pkers did as well. In many cases, we was able to fight back. But here, pkers are cowardly and tend to always bring 5-15 buddies or so with them which shifts the concept of risk/reward entirely on the pvmers. The pkers get all of the rewards...with none of the risk.

Risk/reward should cut both ways.

The agility obstacles need to be removed to allow for the possibility of escape. This was no problem pre eoc and it would be no problem here, especially since pkers tend to be more organized. Just as PvMers should have to earn their survival (and they still will), Pkers should also have to earn their kills.

As for improving loot, uniques need to replace some of the alchables.

MA2

The problem here is that you guys intended for godspells to be used on the bosses...yet 2/3 of the spells require trash weapons to use. Making the spells stronger against the bosses is certainly needed. However, increasing the difficulty is not. Mages already have to run around in lvl 40-50 wilderness to reclaim their capes while meleers can just pay 50-100k to repair theirs. Why must mage content always come with a bunch of strings attached?

EDIT: The only way I could support it being made more challenging is if:

1. The capes are improved. Currently, they're not that different from standard godcapes. However, we can't have more accuracy and we certainly can't have more damage so simply add melee defenses to the cape.

2. If it's made into an arena. It is called mage arena 2 right? It would still be risky getting there.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

21-Dec-2017 17:29:14 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2017 17:51:57 by Ferocire

Ashandarei0

Ashandarei0

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the idea Black Death pitched earlier of higher lvl god spells. Just not sure about those special effects, and I'd suggest wrath/ elemental runes are enough - no need to include deaths/ bloods. Also really like the idea that you'd have to wear just the cape (presumably corresponding staff if you wanted to autocast *cough* staff of light *cough*) to cast them.

As for getting the capes, I'd like you to open discussion for possibility to make the fights happen in non-wilderness arena, like the original cape was and also making it a proper boss fight (like the BIS range cape is going to be) or fight sequence (like the Inferno). As it is now it feels like such a missed opportunity compared to other BIS capes. As for something to do in the wilderness, why not add unlocking the proposed new spells there, rather like in the original mage arena - capes from non-pvp situation, spells from possible pvp-situation.

Also, please consider enabling rebuying of lost capes with 2 tier 1 mysterious emblems (sizeable cost compared if you choose to get them by yourself, also an emblem sink/ rewards BH:ers). Getting capes as it stands now is such an annoying chore.

21-Dec-2017 19:36:21

lwelfare
Dec Member 2022

lwelfare

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I pk. I pvm.

you guys have got to stop saying your being forced into the wild. dont want the bis cape? use the lower tier one and suck it up buttercup. its a game, its supposed to be competitive. The divide between pvm and pvp has gotten so ridiculous, what the hell would anyone do with dragon claws, ags or elder maul if it wasnt for pvp?

next. I dont care about the rev drops, what they look like or how they are killed. the real issue is the cave, remove the agility.... Back in the day the original entrance to revs was located in multi, but once u made it inside the cave it was single combat. This is where you would find activity at any given time. It was a hot spot if we ever had one. bad clans would chase their prey into single where the prey actually had a chance to tank the tb and fight back. You guys killed the population of the entrance before you even released it with some un-wanted agility. Proper disclosure would have been nice because Im almost certain the agility obstacles wouldnt have passed a pole.

21-Dec-2017 20:40:58

Cnconrad
Apr Member 2023

Cnconrad

Posts: 5,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ayiza said :
a Miko said :
YES! Thank you for listening for the community with these desirable changes.

Adjusting the Revenant graphics.
- To be fair, I really, really prefer the older graphics, or at least very similar to those, with the old attack sounds as well. If memory serves, the current ones are just copy-pasted from other NPCs.

Addressing the drops within the Revenant Cave to better align with the polled GP rates.
- Suppose yeah. Are there any plans of discussing newer uniques getting dropped? Maybe PVP armour might pass? Idk, but something else, perhaps?

Rework the Mage Arena 2 boss mechanics & graphics.
- Yes for completely reworking the boss mechanics, graphics and the lore behind it.

Nerf the Twisted bow's effectiveness in Mage Arena 2.
- Why not completely remove its usability? Tbow is by no means useless even if it doesn't work against the bosses within this content. This is not me hating on people who can afford it, it's more so that the Mage Arena 1 was mage-only content as well.

Final question, will any of this stuff be polled? Say, nerfing Tbow, changing graphics to both revenants and Mage Arena 2 bosses, etc.?

The changes to graphics won't be polled and I didn't consider the TBow worthy of one either, as it's more of a balancing change.

In regards to new rewards, if the community are happy to talk about uniques then I'm more than happy to take that information and relay it back to the team. We have a great opportunity here to work on this one.

I think we need some updates to the rewards. Keep the loot drops as currently are. Possibly ditch the dragon armor.

A great reward would be a PKing and Skilling reward combined. Possibly a tune or enchantment we can add to dragon armor in a way that lowers the requirements or increases the stats and causes the armor to decay.

Possibly a resource you can combine withmith Addy or rune armor

21-Dec-2017 22:17:54

Ruler-Of-RS

Ruler-Of-RS

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed brother, I also splashed a ungodly amount while having 99 mage/charge/imbued heart and also augury whilst having a friend backpacking food for me and to this day I’ve only gotten 1/3 demons killed before they disappear on me. When MR. rwt comes along and can 5 hit it with a tbow... common. Viralplague said :
Never have made a post about update content before, but mage arena 2 is garbage right now. Absolutely 0 enjoyment playing hot-cold with a locator that gives the most vague directions, only to find myself in a battle with rnjesus, hoping 99 magic with augury doesn't splash for the 10th time in a row, on a demon thats suppose to be "weak" to its god spell. 0/10 fun or even remote enjoyment hope the update actually adds some fun to these rng bosses.

22-Dec-2017 04:17:52 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2017 04:18:35 by Ruler-Of-RS

Quick find code: 380-381-448-65974281 Back to Top