Forums

Wildy Rejuv II - Revisited

Quick find code: 380-381-448-65974281

Arcticas
Mar Member 2024

Arcticas

Posts: 174 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the way that you guys listen to players feedback and the way how you are willing to change the content even after release. Good job! Although i hope that in the future updates like these get enough resources to be spot on before you release new stuff in to the game. I feel that players dont really mind if the developing process takes a little bit longer. From a players perspective i would rather wait a little bit longer and play something that feels completely new and fun. :)

I always liked the old looks of the revs and i think they should float in the air rather than walk on the ground. Also i totally agree with the money / risk aspect. With the amount of risk the environment has the gp / h should be slightly better. I also think that the gp shouldnt come from just one item drop. Would like to see a little bit wider drop table such as herblore secondaries etc.

Merry xmas! :)

20-Dec-2017 17:44:30

DortyKil

DortyKil

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Repoll uniques?
Also making the teleport scroll teleport you to the northern entrance would improve it alittle aswell.
Make the bracelet more of a "must" to use in rev caves by making the monsters hit harder.
Would rise the shard price, perhaps make the bracelet "cut" into bigger amount to increase the price of both. Merry christmas old school team!

20-Dec-2017 17:47:33

LalyFoo

LalyFoo

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Revs most definitely need unique drops in addition to add to the currently underwhelming drop tables.

Here are some proposed idea's:

1)
Degradable rune pouch
: Similar to current rune pouch, but degrades with use.

2)
Recoil armor
: A low-defense armor set with a recoil affect, similar to that of a ring of recoil, that activates when the whole set is equipped. The set should offer current bis str bonuses in addition to some attack bonuses.

3)
Spec boosting armor
: A low defense armor set which doubles spec bar regeneration rate. This would have the benefit of making fights much more intense and fast-paced!

4)
Ghost hunter crossbow
: Same exact stats as the dragon hunter crossbow, but for ghosts.

5)
Ghost blaster staff
: Gives 15% extra damage vs ghost npc's and can auto-cast the crumble undead spell. It's special attack uses 100% of the spec bar and allows you to instantly anti-freeze/ un-entangle yourself and become immune to freezes for 5 seconds.

Food drops dropped by revenants should be made un-noted to increase trip times. In addition, lootbags should be a 100% drop from npc's/players present within the revenant caves. These changes would encourage more loot accumulation, thus raising the risk/reward factor.

20-Dec-2017 17:49:32 - Last edited on 20-Dec-2017 17:56:07 by LalyFoo

Krelaino

Krelaino

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A few ideas:

Give F2P pking some love since it is very easy to expand on without damaging P2P game integrity.

* Put an altar in edgeville near the emblem trader, to use it he'd want a 1 time payment of a new revs drop (totem or something). The altar would work in F2P worlds to.

This would become very useful for pkers that can't nescessarily afford construction for rejuv pool but they can afford to unlock this altar by buying the emblem. & it revolutionises F2P pking instead of having to relog and go clan wars to get prayer back you'd actually be able to stay F2P and get pray back efficiently.

* Add a new BIS 2h for F2P (similar stats to gravite 2h from pre-eoc). It would only work inside the wilderness

* Add a new potion that restores prayer points (half the amount a regular prayer pot would restore) but only works inside the wilderness. Would also work in F2P

20-Dec-2017 17:58:23

Cheezyboy25
May Member 2021

Cheezyboy25

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On behalf of all of the experience"Player killers" that do nothing with their time on Oldschool RuneScape but PK 95% of the time, we do have a strong and important opinion on the matter and share similar interests on what needs to be fixed/added to the Wilderness in order to allow for consistent enjoyment for both PKers and PvMers. Some of the current major issues with the Wilderness that need to be addressed are as follows:

1) PvM priority > Pvp

Currently, all monsters in the Wilderness are aggressive to a player no matter their combat level, and with this comes NPC aggression abuse. It is against the integrity of the game and is no fun for PKers when a player can completely avoid death by utilizing an overwhelming amount of NPCs in one area that are aggressive to a player no matter what. (Make it how the target priority works, or what it was back in Pre-EOC)

2) Quick-Hopper

Back in 2012, a player had to wait 30+ seconds in order to hop worlds. With this system now, players can hop worlds very fast, allowing for big clans to dominate a world when they see one player. Alongside this, there is no incentive for a PKer/PvMer to stay in one world in an area in the Wilderness, meaning it's very difficult for PKers to find other PKers or PvMers.

3) Revenant Caves Size & Layout

Short and sweet, the caves are way too massive, with the corridors being too lengthy to traverse and too wide. This makes the southern entrance of the caves a pointless method to travel to the Revenants. Also, similar to lava dragons prior to the agility shortcut, the revenants area is a bottleneck, allowing for zero chance of escape for a player if they don't have 89 Agility.

----------

I wish I could elaborate more on this and even more ideas, but with limited characters I can only say so much. For such a sought after update for PvPers, there's nothing more exciting than hearing that the caves need revamping.

20-Dec-2017 18:22:10

Teequoze
Jan Member 2018

Teequoze

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Think the rev drops should be buffed & yes it would be cool if the revs could look more to what they used to look like.

Atm aswell the southern part of the cave is almost not active. Could there be a teleport added to the southern part of the cave this would be way handier for wilderness slayer tasks and faster returning for the green dragons!

Aswell its quite annoying if u like to answer on the forum topics when posted on osrs homepage it redirects u straight to the runescape forums instead to the thread u like to answer on! This used to be different a couple months ago if im not mistaken.
Maxed CB on 09.02.2017
Maxed total 25.05.2022
Member of divine kings #1 PvP clan , clan chat "DK Army".

20-Dec-2017 18:51:20 - Last edited on 20-Dec-2017 18:53:30 by Teequoze

Iron Ninjas

Iron Ninjas

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think the demon fights need to be harder. It took me probably five tries just to kill one of them. I would like to see more lore added, though. Also you shouldn't have to rekill the demons to get another cape. Give us the option to buy a new one for 100k or something.

Random wildy rejuv ideas:
- Wilderness farming patches (maybe a new herb)
- Exclusive drops from monsters in rev caves (revs only ones worth killing)
- Buffed Mammoth drop table
- Better drops from wildy gwd
- Muddy key/chest buff
- Lesser demon drop table buff (wildy only)
- Some reason to visit bandit camp or dark warrior fortress
- More xp from Ents
- Chaos Elemental drop table buff
- Axe hut monsters can drop dragon throwing axes
- Fire giant boss in deep wild members cave (the one with the fire giants)
- Significantly buffed mining at hobgoblin mine with wildy medium done
- Wildy moss giant / ice warrior drop table buffs

I just want to see more old parts of the wildy buffed tbh.

20-Dec-2017 18:58:42 - Last edited on 20-Dec-2017 19:07:46 by Iron Ninjas

old srs

old srs

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iron Ninjas said :
I don't think the demon fights need to be harder. It took me probably five tries just to kill one of them. I would like to see more lore added, though. Also you shouldn't have to rekill the demons to get another cape. Give us the option to buy a new one for 100k or something.

Random wildy rejuv ideas:
- Wilderness farming patches (maybe a new herb)
- Exclusive drops from monsters in rev caves (revs only ones worth killing)
- Buffed Mammoth drop table
- Better drops from wildy gwd
- Muddy key/chest buff
- Lesser demon drop table buff (wildy only)
- Some reason to visit bandit camp or dark warrior fortress
- More xp from Ents
- Chaos Elemental drop table buff
- Axe hut monsters can drop dragon throwing axes
- Fire giant boss in deep wild members cave (the one with the fire giants)
- Significantly buffed mining at hobgoblin mine with wildy medium done
- Wildy moss giant / ice warrior drop table buffs

I just want to see more old parts of the wildy buffed tbh.

Yes. This right here. There are already so many different locations within the wildy; Dark Knight Fortress, greater demon ruins, etc. Why put the effort into creating entirely new areas, when there is already so much useless content in the game that could have so much more potential.

21-Dec-2017 00:49:51

Quick find code: 380-381-448-65974281 Back to Top