Forums

What is a tradeable rare?

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192

Kale100

Kale100

Posts: 32,985 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The term "tradeable rare" has been in use by the RuneScape community as far back as I can remember (I started playing in 2004). The noun form of the term 'rare' has always been interchangeable with the term 'discontinued'.

Jagex advertises certain SOF/TH items as "tradeable rares". By re-releasing these items only two possibilities exist...

1) Jagex knows that their players defined the term "tradeable rare" as interchangeable with "discontinued", yet use it deceptively to sell spins.
This constitutes an act of unforgivable malice.

2) Jagex does not know that the players defined the term "tradeable rare" as interchangeble with "discontinued", and just 'happen' to independently come up with a noun form of the term 'rare'. A noun form of the word 'rare' does not exist in any dictionaries, nor anywhere else to my knowledge except for within the RS playerbase.
This constitutes an act of unforgivable ignorance.

Jagex clearly has a definition of "tradeable rare" that is different from us players. The sole purpose of this thread is to get an official definition.

List of items advertised as 'tradeable rares' (comprehensive up to the end of 2016).
Rainbow Cape - RERELEASED
Rainbow Necklace Token - RERELEASED
Fish Mask
Crown of Seasons
Cloak of Seasons
Christmas Pudding Balloon
Wooly Pudding Hat
Christmas Tree Kite
Terrorbird Plushie
Rubber Turkey - RERELEASED
Off-Hand Rubber Turkey - RERELEASED
Christmas Scythe
Holly Wreath
Black Santa Hat

See Ghosttalon's posts on page 9 for a comprehensive elaboration of the issue.
See page 15 post 5 for why re-releasing is a counter-productive business model.

11-Apr-2017 17:32:09 - Last edited on 26-Nov-2017 03:02:31 by Kale100

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192 Back to Top