Forums

What is a tradeable rare?

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192

Kelly Br00k

Kelly Br00k

Posts: 242 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rare =/= Discontinued

Just because something is branded as rare doesn't in any way mean it'll be discontinued. If you insist otherwise, then you should really spend the time to get adequately informed.

As a side note, it's slightly amusing how most (if not all) of the people that get pissed with item re-releases are the overly egocentric and hoarders/merchants/flippers.

12-Apr-2017 14:06:49

Kale100

Kale100

Posts: 32,985 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is important to understand context. Calling something "rare" is an adjective, meaning uncommon. Calling something "a rare" in RuneScape means a discontinued item.

When you sit down to your Thanksgiving dinner you are not dining upon a Middle Eastern country are you? No, you are dining upon a bird.

12-Apr-2017 18:27:42

Kelly Br00k

Kelly Br00k

Posts: 242 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kale100 said :
It is important to understand context. Calling something "rare" is an adjective, meaning uncommon. Calling something "a rare" in RuneScape means a discontinued item.

If the community adopted such term to define something which is discontinued in the game, then it was very wrongly attributed in my opinion. I can't deem it agreeable to assume something called "rare" (or "a rare", as you put it) to automatically mean it is (or will be) discontinued. Just because a certain object is rare doesn't imply its production will cease.

I personally would never trust anything to become discontinued unless such a claim was officially stated, so if other people take terms such as "limited availability" or "tradeable rares" as guarantees of discontinuity, then it befalls upon them to suffer the consequences of having made that presumption.

But well, to each their own; everyone one sees and perceives things differently, that's just how it is. This however means often times people might be inadvertently "deceived" purely because they had a dissimilar idea, which in the end makes it the wrong one.

13-Apr-2017 00:00:23

Kale100

Kale100

Kelly Br00k said :
Kale100 said :

If the community adopted such term to define something which is discontinued in the game, then it was very wrongly attributed in my opinion. I can't deem it agreeable to assume something called "rare" (or "a rare", as you put it) to automatically mean it is (or will be) discontinued. Just because a certain object is rare doesn't imply its production will cease.

It is well attested that in RuneScape that an object could be referred to as "a rare" or "discontinued" and it has the same meaning. You can't reject a definition because you don't agree with it.

13-Apr-2017 03:01:08

LordSparkles

LordSparkles

Posts: 232 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hell im not ashamed to admit, I love playing TH. Im a gambler IRL and sure its not exactly the same thing but hey I get to play the "cups" game at my computer and win xp and prizes to help along my RS journey? Why not?

In all sincerity, TH may seem to most as a gimmick or a scam but its generated them tons of revenue to increase the game's content and make it better. So you shouldnt be shaming players like us, rather encouraging more players to be like us. Stop pretending to sit on a higher horse just because you dont want to pay for TH keys or think its unfair, you pay for membership monthly/yearly. In that logic its unfair to F2P players that they get severely reduced... well everything.

Being a player since early 2005 ive seen marvelous things from this game. I grew up with runescape, as it is much like a brother to me, that be a digital one, but at least I get to play and mellow down or amp up all in the same sitting if I so chose.

Point being... TH supports the game, just as membership fees do, dont like it? Try buying some and getting all the cool goodies they offer, it may just change your mind. Im sure everyone who could snatched up those 15 keys and 1 month membership today did you not use them?

<3 runescape 4 life

13-Apr-2017 03:27:18

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A limited rare on Treasure Hunter is an item offered for a limited amount of time and may be offered again in the future also for a limited amount of time.

There is a difference between an item being rare and an item being discontinued on Treasure Hunter.

Fish mask = discontinued and should not be offered again.

Any item that is not discontinued but instead simply rare may be offered again through Treasure Hunter or other means.
Hi.

13-Apr-2017 10:14:42 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2017 10:18:32 by Transcendent

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Agreed.
A "tradeable rare" refers to any tradeable that cannot be obtained outside of a specific time frame of an event.
The question you're asking is: What actually qualifies as a "Discontinued rare"? In that case the answer to that is: any item (mainly those that have been discontinued since the beginning of the game) that is mostly non TH related (a few exceptions e.g fish mask, black santa hat).

13-Apr-2017 13:51:08

Kale100

Kale100

Transcendent said :
A limited rare on Treasure Hunter is an item offered for a limited amount of time and may be offered again in the future also for a limited amount of time.

There is a difference between an item being rare and an item being discontinued on Treasure Hunter.

Fish mask = discontinued and should not be offered again.

Any item that is not discontinued but instead simply rare may be offered again through Treasure Hunter or other means.

The term "tradeable rare" has a different meaning, established and widely held before TH or SOF were even dreamt of.

If the leader of your country said tax evasion is now legal, you stopped paying taxes, and then got arrested for tax evasion, because the leader decided to add a new definition of tax evasion without informing the public that means "to eat ice cream while driving" surely you would be upset

13-Apr-2017 16:59:10 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2017 17:02:18 by Kale100

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192 Back to Top