Forums

What is a tradeable rare?

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I accept you call discontinued items "Tradeable Rares" and that some others may also call them that, its arguable whether the majority of the RuneScape community does, but lets suppose they do for the sake of this discussion.

The problem as I understand is, because you consider the phrase "discontinued item" to mean the same thing as a "Tradeable Rare", you find it confusing when Jagex calls something released through Treasure Hunter a "Tradeable Rare" or a "Rare Item" if it is not a discontinued item.

So, when Jagex calls something rare, you expect it to mean discontinued, and when its not you find it confusing.

So anything being called rare when it is not discontinued would be confusing, right?

So for example, if after you kill a monster you get anything from the rare drop table, would you be confused and think the items must be discontinued because they are from the rare drop table?

If you get Third Age from a Treasure Trail reward, since it is rare to get Third Age as a reward, would you be confused and think Third age must be a discontinued item because it is rare to get?

No? So can we agree the word rare can be used and not mean discontinued without it being confusing?

Lets suppose you are only confused when an item from Treasure Hunter is called a rare item when it is not discontinued.

How would you clear up the confusion?

What would you like Jagex to call the items which are obtainable for a limited amount of time, but which are not discontinued, and may be offered again? Which by the way fits the dictionary definition of the word rare. If you don't want the word rare to be used, what word should be used instead to remove any confusion?

I'd say the problem is solved by calling items that will not be made obtainable through gameplay again discontinued items, which by the way is what Jagex is already doing, and this frees up the word rare to be used according to the dictionary definition of something limited in quantity and/or time.
Hi.

17-Apr-2017 22:48:42

Mayahai

Mayahai

Posts: 264 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent you are making so much sense, my brain hurts. Please the common sense is too much.
Can't
handle
logics...
Remove TH, and put stuff from TH to Solomon's store as guarantees. No disappointment to the average player who only uses free keys which yield trash, and those who do buy into MTX can have a clear idea what the thing they want is going to cost them.

18-Apr-2017 12:36:13

Kale100

Kale100

Posts: 32,985 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent said :
What would you like Jagex to call the items which are obtainable for a limited amount of time, but which are not discontinued, and may be offered again? Which by the way fits the dictionary definition of the word rare. If you don't want the word rare to be used, what word should be used instead to remove any confusion?

I'd say the problem is solved by calling items that will not be made obtainable through gameplay again discontinued items, which by the way is what Jagex is already doing, and this frees up the word rare to be used according to the dictionary defi

Promotional items. That is a dictionary valid definition which does not conflict with community definition. That took all of 5 seconds to come up with.

Next argument please?

ALSO....

I'm surprised I didn't notice this until now. You keep praising on about the 'dictionary definition of rare'. Humor me now, go look at any dictionary and find me a definition that is a NOUN instead of an ADJECTIVE.

19-Apr-2017 17:37:45 - Last edited on 19-Apr-2017 17:49:31 by Kale100

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192 Back to Top