Forums

What is a tradeable rare?

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192

Kale100

Kale100

Posts: 32,985 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whatusaytome said :
Well... If it is a "Rare" that can be won for free on something every player can use, and is not released with a full written promise that it can never, and I mean absolutely NEVER come back again in the future, it is probably the fault of people making assumptions that makes them lose money investing in things like this.

Any way this specific subject is addressed only supports what I'm trying to convey. That is absolutely terrible that players can't trust a backbone of the economy because Jagex might feel trash it due to boredom or being too lazy to come up with a new item instead of re-releasing an old one.

Assumptions can be reasonable, and are in fact absolutely necessary to the function of just about every human action. When a class of item possesses certain properties for 15 years it is reasonable to assume it will continue to possess them, or will at least not be stripped of them without notice and explanation.

Original message details are unavailable.
They should invest like actual investors instead of only thinking something with the label "tradable rare" can be used that way. and thinking that these items are only supposed to be used this way. Teach people to use the charts, graphs, history of literally any item, and teach them that with investing comes risk.

Investors don't invest in rares for crazy profit or margins, their function in RS in analogous to TIPS in the U.S.A.

If people lose trust in Jagex for rereleasing items, that's on them, not the company.

I already explained why this statement is incorrect on post 145.

29-Dec-2017 02:19:50 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2017 02:20:21 by Kale100

Whatusaytome
Apr Member 2020

Whatusaytome

Posts: 5,767 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kale100 said :

They should invest like actual investors instead of only thinking something with the label "tradable rare" can be used that way. and thinking that these items are only supposed to be used this way. Teach people to use the charts, graphs, history of literally any item, and teach them that with investing comes risk.

Investors don't invest in rares for crazy profit or margins, their function in RS in analogous to TIPS in the U.S.A.

I'd say the marketplace forums and item discussion status threads for discontinued items prove otherwise..
Your opinions here can affect us all. Please post for the better

Stepping Stone Partyhats
Update the rules , Trade Lock Scammers

29-Dec-2017 13:49:31

Whatusaytome
Apr Member 2020

Whatusaytome

Do some basic research if you won't take my word for it, go check the discontinued marketplace and keep a nice list of every player who has both Buy offers as well as Sell offers. Should be easy, most of the time they stay next to each other. Check how many posts these players have in their threads and how many posts they make in the status threads, current and locked. And how many threads for buying and selling they all have made. Go down all 50 pages if you must.

Even try talking to any of them in game if you can and ask them if they have the posts for sentimental reasons vs monetary reasons. When you have done as much as I have over the past 7 months maybe you will see how completely bullshit the sentimental value argument really is.

Stepping Stone Partyhats

03-Jan-2018 22:48:13 - Last edited on 03-Jan-2018 22:49:39 by Whatusaytome

Kale100

Kale100

Who said anybody invests in them for sentimental reasons?

How about a quick poll

Reason you own rares...
A) Sentimental Value: 0
B) To Flip: 0
C) As a long term investment to protect against inflation: 1

04-Jan-2018 03:32:01

Whatusaytome
Apr Member 2020

Whatusaytome

How about you reread the arguments of everybody against my partyhats suggestion from the Re-Continue Party Hats thread. As well as my thread.

It's a bunch of Rare merchants claiming any form of rerelease causes their Sentimental Value to die, or their "history"

Judging by your 0 after flipping, appears you are avoiding my recommendation to visit the marketplace forum, which, for Discontinued items alone, is the 4th most used forum in the entirety of the forums, has more threads and posts than every single suggestion forum put together and multiplied.

Learn to not ignore the facts when you try to debate please.

Stepping Stone Partyhats

04-Jan-2018 04:31:02

Kale100

Kale100

Learn to not ignore the facts when you try to debate please.

When someone needs to acquire a 'long term investment to protect against inflation' that can't be bought on the G.E. (phat) where does one go?...

Marketplace forums!

Sometimes those players see a good investment opportunity in other items and will sell their wealth placeholder (phat) to take advantage of that opportunity, guess where?...

Marketplace forums!

Now if you would so kindly stop derailing my thread with off-topic nonsense.

04-Jan-2018 19:09:28 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2018 19:09:55 by Kale100

Whatusaytome
Apr Member 2020

Whatusaytome

Yeah because the only posts on that forum out of over 16 million posts are long term investments.

How about you stop trying to belittle every argument that you cannot prove anything otherwise. Your assumption is that people only use the marketplace to buy when they want one, and not buying to flip. Which is better shown by their side-by-side buy and sell offers.

"buying any partyhat, pm me" "selling any partyhat, pm me" flooding every page. yeah, still appears you refuse to research it yourself.

Stepping Stone Partyhats

04-Jan-2018 19:35:08

Kale100

Kale100

Yep, you have a handful of people who always buy+sell. Considering they ALWAYS do it, their posts are constantly at the head of the forum, thus most visible. The majority of people who just buy or sell once in a while have their threads drift off into oblivion after they have made their transaction.

I say again, STOP DERAILING MY THREAD.

07-Jan-2018 23:51:54

Quick find code: 366-367-371-65900192 Back to Top