Forums

Fate of the Gods 2

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
@Hazeel

Didn't they fix Zem's memory by making it so the SoJ wasn't actually with Zamorak at the time?

No.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

30-Aug-2016 06:07:08

Lord Bhaal

Lord Bhaal

Posts: 5,825 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said :
Lord Bhaal said :

I have no doubt that Zamorak is a liberator while Zaros is a lying tyrant, but having it confirmed would certainly be nice.

While I don't disagree with the Zaros thing, calling Zamorak a liberator is kind of inaccurate.... Zamorak seems to enslave people just as much as he does liberate them.

Lets look at some of the things he, and his loyal followers.
-Sparked a civil war by killing a tyrant.
-Sparked an uprising by waging a war against the Cthonians. (This appears to be something he did unwillingly as the memories imply Zamorak was mobbed by the demons, even before he picked up the staff.
-Encouraged a single slave to rebel against Bilrach :/

-His own right hand man Bilrach is one of the biggest slave drivers Gielinor has ever seen. Owning millions of slaves.
-According to the Vampyres he enslaved the werewolves (not sure if canon but its still said ingame)
-According to Mod Jack, the Avernic have created a new society where they still use slaves
-His army has quite a few Cthonians, who quite likely have been enslaved.
-He forced Pehjour into rebelling against Zaros by manipulating him. Not really the actions of someone who values freedom.

Now lets move on to his not so loyal followers, and allies.
-His old allies the Vampyres also had one of the biggest collection of slaves.
-The black knights keep a collection of slaves.

Zamorak is who he always has been, an advocate of power. Whether that power comes from liberating or oppressing people I doubt he cares. Calling him a liberator is silly though.

But he is.
He advocates people to get stronger and break their shackles.
Power is freedom.

Those who cannot overcome an obstacle perish, but those who do improve.
How is enslavement different from the example of him burning down a city so people worked together to extinguish the flames?
Its an obstacle to be overcome.
Strength through Chaos!
Zamorak's most loyal assassin.

30-Aug-2016 16:18:16

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the avernic didnt overcome the cthonians... they just threw zamorak at them and hoped for the best Hazeel said :
No.
Kerapac called. He's sueing you for copyright infringement.

and technically zamorak burned down a village, not a city
Carn

31-Aug-2016 03:36:29 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2016 03:39:07 by Maiden China

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have changed my mind. I agree that the quest should start in the Senntisten temple.

Part of the reason is that i have thought about it a bit, and also because Azzanadra in the Senntisten temple says :
"We shall contact you when you are needed"
at the end of the conversation about Zaros's return
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

31-Aug-2016 19:20:14 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2016 19:20:30 by Lynxlynx

The contents of this message have been hidden.

01-Sep-2016 02:43:57

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
I have changed my mind. I agree that the quest should start in the Senntisten temple.

Part of the reason is that i have thought about it a bit, and also because Azzanadra in the Senntisten temple says :
"We shall contact you when you are needed"
at the end of the conversation about Zaros's return
Good point, I never thought of this.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

01-Sep-2016 04:48:38

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
the avernic didnt overcome the cthonians... they just threw zamorak at them and hoped for the best Hazeel said :
No.

Now I am no history expert... But im pretty sure Zamorak didn't defeat every Chthonian by himself. The Avernic overcame them with the help of Zamorak and other mahjarrat. No they didn't do it alone, but they didn't just throw Zamorak at them and hide.
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

01-Sep-2016 05:05:35

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Maiden China said :
No.

Now I am no history expert... But im pretty sure Zamorak didn't defeat every Chthonian by himself. The Avernic overcame them with the help of Zamorak and other mahjarrat. No they didn't do it alone, but they didn't just throw Zamorak at them and hide.
it's admittedly an exaggeration, but exaggerations are normal in human conversation
sort of like bargaining... you say you'll sell for an outrageously high price, they return with a very low one, and eventually you meet in the middle
Carn

01-Sep-2016 08:09:07

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Maiden China said :
No.

If Zamorak could do it all singlehandedly I'm not sure it would have lasted 19 years. I imagine his military expertise played just as big a role as his actual magical power.

It was a war, and Zamorak was the nuke.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

01-Sep-2016 08:40:50

Aig123
Jun Member 2019

Aig123

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zamorak will be in a dangerous environment, surrounded by enemies, light-years away from his legions of Kinshra and Demons, and the safety of Daemonheim. With only his trusted Mahjarrat at his side. This sounds like the perfect opportunity to cross his name off the false user list, if there ever was one.

There may also be left over Orikalkum on Freneskae too. And we know Dragonkin can traverse planets without the World Gate, so does anyone reckon we will see one, however briefly?

01-Sep-2016 16:35:50

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001 Back to Top