Forums

Fate of the Gods 2

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
Cthris said :
Do you mean the addiction...? I don't recall any source that said that the Stone of Jas had a draw back added to it post creation. Mind sharing? :D
He's referring to the Dragonkin. The "addiction" isn't even confirmed to be true. If it were, Guthix would have been hopelessly addicted.
you could argue that guthix's limited use of the stone means he isn't addicted... sliske apparently will risk the dragonkin but i doubt he'd risk losing control of himself
yes, I'm referring to the dragonkin :P
Carn

13-Sep-2016 04:43:43 - Last edited on 13-Sep-2016 04:45:19 by Maiden China

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aig123 said :
I suppose the Measures 'double-edged' effect could simply be its ordinary function.
Just used in a different manner.

If its usual purpose is to empower wisps to the point they become tangible.
What do you reckon would happen if we used it on Kami, or even a Protoplasmic Wisp?

I suspect the Measure may be useful with the Engrammeter, they are both great at finding ancient memories. Too bad it became distorted, maybe it is repairable in the future.

Maybe the Engrammeter is meant to stay distorted? Though really, there's not much point to it beyond protecting you somewhat as you collect the memoriam crystals.

14-Sep-2016 15:30:31

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kemtros said :
Aig123 said :
I suppose the Measures 'double-edged' effect could simply be its ordinary function.

What do you reckon would happen if we used it on Kami, or even a Protoplasmic Wisp?

I suspect the Measure may be useful with the Engrammeter, they are both great at finding ancient memories. Too bad it became distorted, maybe it is repairable in the future.

Maybe the Engrammeter is meant to stay distorted? Though really, there's not much point to it beyond protecting you somewhat as you collect the memoriam crystals.

Maybe it's able to protect you from other things on Freneskae...
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

14-Sep-2016 16:27:58

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
Kemtros said :
Aig123 said :

Well, we know Mah is up and about, and that's probably what Zaros was worried about in The Light Within when we brought Seren over there. I'm not sure what the Engrammeter would do against her...
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

14-Sep-2016 16:31:06

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Lynxlynx said :
Kemtros said :
Aig123 said :

Well, we know Mah is up and about, and that's probably what Zaros was worried about in The Light Within when we brought Seren over there. I'm not sure what the Engrammeter would do against her...

Well, you could always throw it at her and aim for one of her many eye sockets.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

14-Sep-2016 17:57:18

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just had this thought earlier, but if Zamorak/Zaros do end up working together like most assume will happen vs Mah, I think Kharshai could be an important character in terms of bridging the gap with the Zamorakians/Zarosians.
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

14-Sep-2016 21:05:08

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
I just had this thought earlier, but if Zamorak/Zaros do end up working together like most assume will happen vs Mah, I think Kharshai could be an important character in terms of bridging the gap with the Zamorakians/Zarosians.
Indeed, I've been hoping this was the case since I heard of the quest. Let's just hope the expected death doesn't turn out to be Kharshai... that would be a waste of so much story potential.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

15-Sep-2016 06:27:17

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aig123 said :
Are we over thinking this?
Would a Ritual of Enervation be enough to sap Mah into another slumber?
Even if it is impossible/impractical, any thoughts on this?

It depends.

If the main focus of
F
O
T
G
is
Zaros
and
Zamorak
meeting (and maybe battling, who knows), then that might be enough.

If stopping
Mah
is the main focus, then i at least think that it should be more to it than that, or it shouldn't be very easy, at least.
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

15-Sep-2016 15:36:41 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2016 15:39:32 by Lynxlynx

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aig123 said :
Are we over thinking this?
Would a Ritual of Enervation be enough to sap Mah into another slumber?
Even if it is impossible/impractical, any thoughts on this?

Probably not. All things considered, we have but one lady Mahjarrat left, meaning that we would only be able to sap 1 Mahjarrat's worth of power from her per time the Ritual is performed. Furthermore, given that Palkeera supposedly died soon (within 500 years) after Khazard was born and her diary indicates either Zaros or Zamorak to be the 'father,' I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mahjarrat gestation is probably far from instantaneous.

That, and you'd need to convince Enakhra to do the Ritual with somebody other than Zamorak, or, if he even can participate in the Ritual anymore, convince Zamorak to do it with her, and neither one seems all that likely to succeed.

You may also run into the issue of trying to get them getting it on, while an angry Elder God looking to claim her lost toys bears down on them. I don't know about Mahjarrat, but stress in humans (particularly for men) can often inhibit reproduction.

15-Sep-2016 16:42:26

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001 Back to Top