Forums

Fate of the Gods 2

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Measure acts as a radar and empowers divine energy from memories in the area. One drawback could be that it also slightly empowers or invigorates any living gods in the area. For instance Mah, who woke up during Fate of the Gods. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

09-Sep-2016 22:04:02

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
The Measure acts as a radar and empowers divine energy from memories in the area. One drawback could be that it also slightly empowers or invigorates any living gods in the area. For instance Mah, who woke up during Fate of the Gods.

when I read that I just thought of the fact that we used the Measure on the places where the Elder Gods are said to be sleeping.....
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

09-Sep-2016 23:42:26

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The measure's drawback could just be how ridiculously weak it is. -
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

09-Sep-2016 23:56:19

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
The measure's drawback could just be how ridiculously weak it is.
a joke, probably, but if not, you should imagine the elder artefacts as screwdrivers... yes, you can stab someone's eye out with them but that's not what they're designed for
Carn

10-Sep-2016 05:53:40

Aig123
Jun Member 2019

Aig123

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I suppose the Measures 'double-edged' effect could simply be its ordinary function.
Just used in a different manner.

If its usual purpose is to empower wisps to the point they become tangible.
What do you reckon would happen if we used it on Kami, or even a Protoplasmic Wisp?

I suspect the Measure may be useful with the Engrammeter, they are both great at finding ancient memories. Too bad it became distorted, maybe it is repairable in the future.

10-Sep-2016 11:11:01

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :
a joke, probably, but if not, you should imagine the elder artefacts as screwdrivers... yes, you can stab someone's eye out with them but that's not what they're designed for

And do you think these drawbacks are an intentional part of their design, or just a side effect of these tools being used as weapons/by mortals? I highly doubt it's the former.

Thus, from our perspective, the measure's weakness is a "drawback".
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

10-Sep-2016 11:58:43

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :

And do you think these drawbacks are an intentional part of their design, or just a side effect of these tools being used as weapons/by mortals? I highly doubt it's the former.

I really hope it's more to than that :|
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

11-Sep-2016 13:37:52

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :

the SOJ's 'drawback' was intentional... and added after its creation. I imagine around the same time they added drawbacks to the other artefacts
Carn

12-Sep-2016 01:13:51

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :

the SOJ's 'drawback' was intentional... and added after its creation. I imagine around the same time they added drawbacks to the other artefacts

Do you mean the addiction...? I don't recall any source that said that the Stone of Jas had a draw back added to it post creation. Mind sharing? :D

12-Sep-2016 01:36:12

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said :
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :
Maiden China said :
AesirWarrior said :

Do you mean the addiction...? I don't recall any source that said that the Stone of Jas had a draw back added to it post creation. Mind sharing? :D
He's referring to the Dragonkin. The "addiction" isn't even confirmed to be true. If it were, Guthix would have been hopelessly addicted.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

12-Sep-2016 04:40:55

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001 Back to Top