Forums

Fate of the Gods 2

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
Somewhere i read that all the elder artefacts are known to be "Double-edged swords". What do you think are the "bad thing" with the Measure, maybe something we get to either know or experience during FOTG2.

To add on to Sepulchre's comment, the drawback of the crown/locater is that it let's everybody else with an artifact know where you are.

07-Sep-2016 18:45:39

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Lynxlynx said :
Somewhere i read that all the elder artefacts are known to be "Double-edged swords". What do you think are the "bad thing" with the Measure, maybe something we get to either know or experience during FOTG2.

To add on to Sepulchre's comment, the drawback of the crown/locater is that it let's everybody else with an artifact know where you are.

I know that. :)

But right now that isn't much of a problem, apart from the treat from the dragonkin (which i admit actually is a pretty big problem)
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

07-Sep-2016 19:08:39 - Last edited on 07-Sep-2016 19:10:58 by Lynxlynx

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Lynxlynx said :

it lets them know which planet you're on, not exactly where you are
and... it also will only tell you which planet any artefact is on... so... kind of helpful, but...

wonder if taking it off will stop the other artefact-holders from seeing you. Once you're on the planet with the artefact you don't really have much use for the crown
Carn

09-Sep-2016 00:47:57

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, I think we've seen enough to know the definite downside to the Mirror, at least for the Dragonkin. I image the transfer of divine energy to any other being would have different, though just as terrible, results. A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

09-Sep-2016 06:06:03

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Lynxlynx said :

Yes, I... I said that in my comment...
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

09-Sep-2016 06:07:02

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
Hguoh said :
Lynxlynx said :

If the Locator reveals the planet you are on, am I right in assuming that the Horn reveals the region to artefact users on the planet? In which case Saradomin would know exactly where the Horn is.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

09-Sep-2016 13:28:29

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
Hguoh said :
Lynxlynx said :

Didn't see that before, thought you hadn't.

09-Sep-2016 13:30:48

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
Lynxlynx said :
Well I believe we know why that is for 2 of the Elder Artifacts.

The Catalyst: Pretty obvious, the Dragonkin. The more you use it, the closer they come to being able to wreck your False User ass.
The Locator: You can sense other Artifacts, but anybody with another Artifact can sense you as well. I believe it only senses by world, not exact locations.

For two of the others (The Siphon and The Blade) I believe that improper use could be the double-edge referred to. Guthix cut too deep into the Void and could've had Gielinor swallowed up or invaded by Zaros only knows what. The Siphon almost proved disastrous for Zamorak, who's to say the power couldn't have flowed the opposite way?
As for The Kiln, in order to make any real use of it, you'd need to throw yourself into the lava.

I can't really guess a double-edge for The Measure. Unless using it somehow interrupts or corrupts the flow of Divine energy/Anima when used to sense it?

Anyone who has any other teories on the Measure's double-edge? I'm totally blank :|
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

09-Sep-2016 21:51:15

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001 Back to Top