Forums

Fate of the Gods 2

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aig123 said :
Lord forbid Azzy dies and we have to locate the Elder halls in his place, sounds fun though.

IMO the most impactful place for Azzanadra to die would have been in FotG, by willingly giving himself up as Zaros' host body. Just killing him out of the blue would fall short. That was one of my criticisms with FotG, there wasn't really any personal cost in Zaros' return. But who knows, maybe he'll have to inhabit another host soon, for those who didn't plug the leak in his body (although that would present the issue of Hazeeling).
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

02-Sep-2016 23:53:29

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros' return was boring and frankly...way too easy. An amateur diviner shouldn't be able to effortlessly create the body of a Tier 2 God. Kinda begs the question why we didn't just do that for Seren. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

03-Sep-2016 01:02:38

Aig123
Jun Member 2019

Aig123

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
About player decisions. We have had many windows to 'change history'. Fully reforming Seren, Zaros' simulacrum, blasting Sliske/Zamorak, Death/Icthlarin slaying Gielinor, the list goes on.

So what is the right way to respond to lore that keeps branching off? An extra miniquest to patch Zaros' wounds, would only cater to those who sabotage and would be rather absurd. Yet outright killing him off due to a previous choice long ago is just as ridiculous, many players may change opinions over the months.

So what is the proper way to handle these moments? Long term, Hazeel missing the Ritual meant nothing, and Nomad chipping the Stone meant nothing. Are we really that influential to the 6th Age?

03-Sep-2016 01:56:38

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Choices should be more frequent and impactful. That said, choices should also have consequences. Sabatoging Zaros shouldn't automatically kill him, but if you did sabatoge him it should both be easier to kill him and be harder to help him down the road. Harder, not impossible. Likewise, if you help Zaros but later regret it, it should be harder to stop him, but easier to help him if you have remained loyal.

Preferably, choices should also be difficult to make, regardless of your faction. I want to really feel pressured with some of my choices, to look back and say "Was that really the best thing I could have done?"
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

03-Sep-2016 03:24:43

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
Choices should be more frequent and impactful. That said, choices should also have consequences. Sabatoging Zaros shouldn't automatically kill him, but if you did sabatoge him it should both be easier to kill him and be harder to help him down the road. Harder, not impossible. Likewise, if you help Zaros but later regret it, it should be harder to stop him, but easier to help him if you have remained loyal.

Preferably, choices should also be difficult to make, regardless of your faction. I want to really feel pressured with some of my choices, to look back and say "Was that really the best thing I could have done?"
in fotg1 you're given a choice to let zaros help you against the muspah, by providing infinite prayer runes or infinite runes for ancient magicks

as an example, your idea then, is to have people locked into either accepting or refusing his help based on past choices? that could be interesting but it could also make people frustrated with bosses that are far stronger than they'd normally be (and stronger than they are for other players)
Carn

03-Sep-2016 05:55:52

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Somewhere i read that all the elder artefacts are known to be "Double-edged swords". What do you think are the "bad thing" with the Measure, maybe something we get to either know or experience during FOTG2.
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

03-Sep-2016 16:31:23 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 16:31:44 by Lynxlynx

The contents of this message have been hidden.

03-Sep-2016 22:36:54

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

[#0MGFV81HT] said :
Aig123 said :
and Nomad chipping the Stone meant nothing. Are we really that influential to the 6th Age?
Just going to point this out and say that it made his Soul Blast attack more powerful. If it hit me I would've died in one hit lol. Thank Xau-Tak I threw the spear at him.

Speaking of Mahjarrat deaths I'm willing to bet there's going to some skirmish that we get to fight in like in the Ritual. Probably can choose which side to fight for. I don't see anybody dying though, the main plot of this quest is Z vs Z and Mah. The Mahjarrat will come but I dont think deaths will add much to this quest here. Maybe the Mahserrat will appear, Osborne said that if they survived it would make for a great story. If they did they would most likely be weak and enemies to fight, there's no evidence that they died out. I really want to just see more of Freneskrae, whats at the bottom of the mountain?

And where is Mah?
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
#teamblue

03-Sep-2016 22:40:57

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
Somewhere i read that all the elder artefacts are known to be "Double-edged swords". What do you think are the "bad thing" with the Measure, maybe something we get to either know or experience during FOTG2.
Well I believe we know why that is for 2 of the Elder Artifacts.

The Catalyst: Pretty obvious, the Dragonkin. The more you use it, the closer they come to being able to wreck your False User ass.
The Locator: You can sense other Artifacts, but anybody with another Artifact can sense you as well. I believe it only senses by world, not exact locations.

For two of the others (The Siphon and The Blade) I believe that improper use could be the double-edge referred to. Guthix cut too deep into the Void and could've had Gielinor swallowed up or invaded by Zaros only knows what. The Siphon almost proved disastrous for Zamorak, who's to say the power couldn't have flowed the opposite way?
As for The Kiln, in order to make any real use of it, you'd need to throw yourself into the lava.

I can't really guess a double-edge for The Measure. Unless using it somehow interrupts or corrupts the flow of Divine energy/Anima when used to sense it?
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

06-Sep-2016 06:07:25

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Sepulchre said :
Lynxlynx said :
Well I believe we know why that is for 2 of the Elder Artifacts.

The Catalyst: Pretty obvious, the Dragonkin. The more you use it, the closer they come to being able to wreck your False User ass.
The Locator: You can sense other Artifacts, but anybody with another Artifact can sense you as well. I believe it only senses by world, not exact locations.

For two of the others (The Siphon and The Blade) I believe that improper use could be the double-edge referred to. Guthix cut too deep into the Void and could've had Gielinor swallowed up or invaded by Zaros only knows what. The Siphon almost proved disastrous for Zamorak, who's to say the power couldn't have flowed the opposite way?
As for The Kiln, in order to make any real use of it, you'd need to throw yourself into the lava.

I can't really guess a double-edge for The Measure. Unless using it somehow interrupts or corrupts the flow of Divine energy/Anima when used to sense it?

Maybe.

Good points about the Staff, the Sword an the Kiln. I think you might be right about those. (Well, for the staff, it might tie more into what it actually was made for)
#teamblue

07-Sep-2016 17:09:46 - Last edited on 07-Sep-2016 17:11:32 by Lynxlynx

Quick find code: 341-342-881-65796001 Back to Top