Forums

In Defense Of Pringles

Quick find code: 341-342-835-65250304

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's worth mentioning that during the late 4th age or early 5th age, a group of Zamorakians were thrown out of the Church of Zamorak because at the time they advocated unprovoked violence against Saradominists.

30-Dec-2013 01:20:51

Unicornz pwn
Dec Member 2023

Unicornz pwn

Posts: 3,009 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cybernet377 said :
I think it's worth mentioning that during the late 4th age or early 5th age, a group of Zamorakians were thrown out of the Church of Zamorak because at the time they advocated unprovoked violence against Saradominists.

Thanks! I'll add it into the Daquarius section.
"Ego Te Provoco."

The Hooded Zarosian

Lorehound Extraordinaire

30-Dec-2013 01:26:32

Ascertes

Ascertes

Posts: 5,461 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saradomin isn't stupid; Natural chaos cannot be removed.

However, artificial chaos (the king Zamorak likes to unleash on innocent people) can be, and that is what must be removed.

We don't need sadists and social darwinists.
-Ascertes, King of all the Hallowlands and the Everchosen of Saradomin.

30-Dec-2013 03:32:32

Unicornz pwn
Dec Member 2023

Unicornz pwn

Posts: 3,009 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ascertes said :
Saradomin isn't stupid; Natural chaos cannot be removed.

However, artificial chaos (the king Zamorak likes to unleash on innocent people) can be, and that is what must be removed.

We don't need sadists and social darwinists.

Zamorak is not a sadist. He brought chaos to people, albeit raw chaos in its most dangerous form to some, and they improved from it. Saradomin brought his order to people and the moment he left they fell apart and nearly were driven to extinction.

Saradomin isn't stupid. He is incredibly smart, he knows what he wants and he knows exactly how to get it. However what he wants is worship and if you are not willing to worship him and conform to his ideals you will be persecuted, perhaps by him directly, perhaps by his followers. Regardless there is no room for opposing beliefs in the Great Society of Saradomin.
"Ego Te Provoco."

The Hooded Zarosian

Lorehound Extraordinaire

30-Dec-2013 03:38:41

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unicornz pwn said :
This brings me to my next point. What does Saradomin hope to achieve by destroying chaos? Does he wish to rule over everyone and chaos is a threat to his order. The keyword in this is "His". His order; his rule; his desire*

**;DR: Yes.

He doesn't have to remove chaos completely, just minimize it, even if at times that means stomping out dissent, or suppressing freedom.

We've had some fascinating peeks into the icyene saradominist culture, not all of them pleasant. "Utopia justifies the means" would be a good description of it.

Unicornz pwn said :

Zamorak's philosophy is not only valid, it is followed by those who despise him. Saradomin himself views Zamorak as an obstacle to triumph over. By trying to overcome him he is following Zamorak's own philosophy unwillingly.

Quite similar to Armadyl and Bandos' current fight, don't you think?

Bandos: They are willing to die for their chance to stand at the top of the pile. They are weapons until they prove that they are soldiers.
Player: You can't use people like that!
Bandos: Then fight me! There is nothing more hateful than sulking. If the world is not as you wish, bend it to your will!
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

30-Dec-2013 08:37:01 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2013 08:41:27 by Lego Miester

PvM Vyre
May Member 2023

PvM Vyre

Posts: 1,077 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You say that Saradomin punished Zamorakians only because they followed Zamorak, but lets not forget that Zamorak is misunderstood by +/- 95% of his followers. Zamorak might not be plain evil, but a big amount of his followers are.

30-Dec-2013 09:49:24

Lord Xam

Lord Xam

Posts: 1,324 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You say that chaos equals progress, and order does not. Do you believe this only because Zamorak said so?

It is, after all, the Saradominist regions whithin the game world which have prospered the most over the last ages. Order does not prevent progress.

30-Dec-2013 12:07:31

Dethal
Jul Member 2012

Dethal

Posts: 7,786 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Xam said :
It is, after all, the Saradominist regions whithin the game world which have prospered the most over the last ages. Order does not prevent progress.

Name one of them actually being orderly. Varrock had Zemouregal, Falador has the Kinshra + other sutff, Lumbridge has goblins.

Where would those places be if they never had the need to defend themselves?
I'm pretty cool

30-Dec-2013 12:16:44

Quick find code: 341-342-835-65250304 Back to Top