Forums

Guthix Lore

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477

Mod Stu

Mod Stu

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
As part of a project the Guardians are working on, we're looking to create additional Guthixian Memories.

Building on the 15 Tribute to Guthix memories that focused on Guthix's mortal life as a naragi (and Seren's memories that expanded on her relationship with Guthix), the intention is to cover a broader range of key moments in Guthix's millennia-spanning history, up until his death.

We don't want to just re-hash what you already know, though. So my questions to you are...

What might you want to discover more about from Guthix's past?

What characters and events from his life that you don't know about would you like to know about?

What stories would you like to be told about Guthix?

If you'd rather respond on Reddit, you can also find a thread here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/5c122n/guthix_lore/

Thanks,

Mod Stu
Senior Content Developer (Guardians)

09-Nov-2016 13:26:29 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2016 13:34:03 by Mod Stu

The contents of this message have been hidden.

09-Nov-2016 13:34:29

Illuneve
Oct Member 2023

Illuneve

Posts: 504 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
More of Guthix the nagari, of his casual normal life with wife and child. (daily line of diary style)

And about Guthix, new young god. between the time he became a god & came to gielnor.
I made you look HAHA Maxed 10/22/2015 - MQC 1/24/2016- Comped 6/12/2016 - Trimming Soon-ish (tm)

09-Nov-2016 13:38:41

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm most interested in how the Banishment of the lessers took place, his thought process issuing his decrees to each of them and how each of them played out, would they of all reacted like Bandos, charging at him head on?

Especially meeting Saradomin again after what he did to his world, enslaving his people.

We don't know much about the Guardians, what it means to be a guardian, and who the last two are.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

09-Nov-2016 13:43:35

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd also love to hear more about Guthix's relationship with Brassica Prime, Icthlarin, Marimbo, and V. We know that he didn't forcibly banish them when he established the edicts - he merely asked the latter two to leave. Icthlarin even refers to Guthix as his friend in Nomad's Elegy.

Memories establishing how Guthix chose his guardians is a must-have, IMO. The Roots in the Community lore story went into a bit, but left things pretty vague. Speaking of which, a memory about Harold becoming Gielinor's psychopomp would also be nice, we don't really have any information about that besides the windows in his office.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

09-Nov-2016 13:57:08

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Why he chose some of the races that he brought to Runescape

- His first thoughts on some of the races he encountered

- Reasons why he chose not to bring some races to Runescape

- When he eventually learned about the Elder Gods and his first reactions

- His memories of creating the Balance Elemental

- His thoughts when he encountered Seren for the very first time

09-Nov-2016 14:15:42 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2016 14:16:57 by Deltaslug

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stuff I'd like to see:

- How he first created runestones (how does one come up with such an idea, and were the localised storages of what we now call runic energy (where V7 and his gang later created the runecrafting altars, which then collapsed into pocket dimensions) his doing or already there) and had Misalionar and other people spread them

- How he reacted when awakened by the druids after Zamorak blasted Forinthry, and tasked Aeternam with freezing the GWD

- His creating the Balance Elemental (what is the Governance of Guthix?)

- Last interactions with the Guardians of Guthix before going back to sleep

- Dracs Melrose and his vision of Guthix
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

09-Nov-2016 15:29:41

Cavi
Jan Member 2008

Cavi

Posts: 2,489 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's funny because back in 2005-07 or so we knew very little about Guthix or his views, nowadays it's one of the most well known gods in the game. Personally I'm pretty tired of hearing from him, wasn't the whole point of the 6th age to forget about him and his Eddicts and start anew?

I don't know what else there's to know about him but I was always curious about:
- the Balance Elemental (so much potential)
- his first interactions with humans (we know the human's side from Meeting History)
- his views on other gods (besides Seren)
- if he made "mistakes" during his travels (like Saradomin with the Naragi)
- his opinion on the Stone of Jas and other Elder Artifacts .

Maybe add some hints to lore not related to him to motivate speculation?
Member of
The Scrying Pool~Lore/FGU Clan
. For the Lore!
Join us
here!

09-Nov-2016 16:10:53

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1.) It'd be great to learn more about his initial interactions with the races that he brought to Gielinor in detail. They can't all have gone smoothly, with no lack trust. How did the gnomes react differently than the dwarves or the human tribes? What were their home worlds like? Their societies? What did Guthix do while there?

2.) Guthix's interactions with the other gods (similar to Bandos, Seren, V, etc.) after awakening to establish the Edicts.

3.) Learning about the remaining Guardians of Guthix would be great.
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

09-Nov-2016 16:24:51 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2016 16:27:43 by Chaos Lupus

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What I'd like to know:

- Cannonization as to whether or not the Runecrafting Rifts (the ones the altars were built on top of) and Pest portals were the result of Guthix messing about with the elder blade and why he was messing about with it if he is responsible.

- Choosing of the Guardians of Guthix (besides Cres and Juna since the Lores and Histories cover that)

- Some of his journeys through the multiverse before Gielinor (potentially some of his encounters with more recently revealed gods like Xau or lay the story hooks for stories on other planes).

- The balance elemental

09-Nov-2016 16:39:19

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477 Back to Top