Forums

Guthix Lore

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When Guthix sicced the Void Knights on to the Pests, what was he thinking, past to up to that time? Did he envision an endless defensive war, (which is unwinabble and would end in eventual defeat as the KNights would have to be lucky every time and pests lucky only once) Or was there a plan to end the war as well? Maybe something we could pass on?

If Guthix ever shaded the truth with us, was mistaken or lied, eventually we'll find such a thing out via the memories and maybe even why. We already know Guthix could have ROFLstomped the gods thanks to the Halloween event. That means he was waiting specifically for us. Fact. Was that Guthix idea? Was Seren really the one behind it instead? Did they talk about the future now they may have had a peek at it?

Did they ever talk about the creation of Guardians? Have the tools to do that been left behind in the form of the tears of Guthix, etc.?
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

10-Nov-2016 17:07:58 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2016 17:25:17 by Solanumtinkr

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said :
If he were a mage, he'd've used the staff properly.

Unless using it as a mage weapon wouldn't have given him God power...I mean look at it:

Zamorak: Melee kill and Godhood.

Bandos: Melee kill and Godhood.

Guthix: Melee kill and Godhood.

Sliske: Magic kill and nothing.

Armadyl: Ranged kill and no power increase.

Needing a physical conduit to absorb the power seems to be a constant.

Lord Drakan said :
He would've used magic against Char, for instance, since close combat with a huge fire monster isn't exactly a brilliant idea.

Except he didn't want to kill her. If he wanted to kill her, he could have decapitated her instead or after poisoning her. He went out of his way to keep her alive with the poison.

Lord Drakan said :
Rennard explicitly says Zamorak is a warrior.

1) Azzanadra is also called a warrior...to be honest, I think it's a blanket term for anyone who fights.

2) You mean the thief who met him once?

3) ....In the Ghostly Robes quest that nobody considers canon at this point?

Lord Drakan said :
Kharrim says he had an interest in weaponry.

...Like the staff he was buying?

I was a messenger in his employ anyway, so it was a mere trifle to find him and deliver the news, and I knew of his particular interest in armour and weaponry of all kinds.

Although that does match up with what J Mods have said about him sorta being a "jack of all trades", and a "battle mage" who used physical prowess and magic in a type of hybriding style.

Although I guess this really isn't the best place to have this argument so I'll take my leave here.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

10-Nov-2016 17:12:19

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,270 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Lions RAWR said :
Why was their an alarm, that could be heard by everyone, at the spot of Guthix final resting spot?

As explained by Sliske, the alarm was transmitted to every druidic circle by the sword of edicts, which should have limited the message to Guthix's followers. The issue, of course, is that the Dark Wizards south of Varrock happen to be taking residence in one such circle.

The Dark Wizards then let Zemouregal know of the alarm.
And the other gods, having been observing the world and seeing what was now happening, spoke to their generals in the GWD and told them what was happening.

That does not answer my question though.

Why was their an alarm to begin with?

Edit: After looking around, the Alarm system also triggered the awakening of Guthix. So maybe it was done on purpose, or maybe it was just luck. Still curious to know why it was their to begin with.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Nov-2016 00:11:28 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2016 00:17:19 by Lions RAWR

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said :

If he were a mage, he'd've used the staff properly.

1) It's firmly established that Zamorak is a warrior (sure, he can do powerful magic, being a Mahjarrat, but he is considerably more proficient at melee, not unlike Khazard)

2) He would've used magic against Char, for instance, since close combat with a huge fire monster isn't exactly a brilliant idea.

3) Rennard explicitly says Zamorak is a warrior.

4) Kharrim says he had an interest in weaponry.

5)Dhalak theorises that Zamorak favoured Viggora (a mighty warrior) because they shared some qualities.

6) Viggora himself also calls him a warrior.

It's all there.

1) It's not.

-Twice burnt depicts Zamoraks weapon as a staff. (Keep in mind this is before Zamorak even leaves for the mission. He's in some sort of public area with a stage)
- Jhallan says "I have seen Zamorak stride across the battlefield, a storm of hate and wrath and fire." The fire suggests he was using fire spells.
-Every statue of Zamorak features him with a staff.

2) It's ironic you say this because there is literally one instance of him using a melee weapon, and that is when he is fighting Char...

3) A warrior =/= a melee fighter. A warrior is "(especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter" according to an online dictionary. Have you ever heard of the term warrior mage? So that's a really irrelevant point.

4) There are magic based weapons...

5) It could be that he's referring to their similarities in being warriors or more likely that they are both highly ambitious, cruel apathetic....

6) Again mages can be warriors...

11-Nov-2016 00:34:46 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2016 00:47:04 by Cthris

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Hguoh said :
Lions RAWR said :
Why was their an alarm, that could be heard by everyone, at the spot of Guthix final resting spot?

As explained by Sliske, the alarm was transmitted to every druidic circle by the sword of edicts, which should have limited the message to Guthix's followers. The issue, of course, is that the Dark Wizards south of Varrock happen to be taking residence in one such circle.

And the other gods, having been observing the world and seeing what was now happening, spoke to their generals in the GWD and told them what was happening.

Edit: After looking around, the Alarm system also triggered the awakening of Guthix. So maybe it was done on purpose, or maybe it was just luck. Still curious to know why it was their to begin with.

To alert Guthix's followers that his resting place had been infiltrated (hence the GoG appearance).

11-Nov-2016 02:26:36

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to see the followings.:

1. At least mentioning of the race, and tasks/status of his other two Guardian of Guthix.

2. What task did he give everyone when he was away (I am sure Creater of accession had an task)

3. What made him pick them, including death.

4. At least knowledge of how Death became what he is now, was it Guthix's doing? Or just the fact he was the first to die.

5. His plans with the Elder gods after banishing the gods.

6. What he thought about when he met us, when we traveled back in time to him.

7. His dreams, and "prediction" of Gielinor.

8. What he thought about when Seren informed him of her curse towards the elf.

9. His thoughts on the Elder gods.

10. His thoughts once he felt the connection with Gielinor's Anima.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

11-Nov-2016 13:44:07

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,270 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Lions RAWR said :
Hguoh said :
Lions RAWR said :

To alert Guthix's followers that his resting place had been infiltrated (hence the GoG appearance).

Is their any Lore that specifically states that was the reason ^

we know from Cres that

""Guthix summoned me here at the end of the great wars. He did not wish to be disturbed..."

I cannot find anything that says that the guardians were to come back to the Site of his resting either.

Maybe I missed it though
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Nov-2016 22:00:06 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2016 22:01:34 by Lions RAWR

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477 Back to Top