Forums

Guthix Lore

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477

Eridyn
Dec Member 2010

Eridyn

Posts: 2,947 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- His memories when travelling through the cosmos.

- The two remaining Guardians of Guthix, and the Balance Elemental.

- In-depth views on the other gods.

- His knowledge of the Elder Gods.
@Eriddyn
|
Lorehound
| [
Role-Player
| "A flame can never be a star, no matter how bright it burns." -
Jas

09-Nov-2016 17:57:16

Nomad Esq

Nomad Esq

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-His life during the Naragi God Wars.
-His views on the Gods we don't know too much about such as QOA or the Menaphite Pantheon.
-His views on the Mahjarrat as a race as a whole.
-His knowledge of the other gods present during the Naragi God Wars as it's been stated by himself that there were many other gods besides Skargaroth, Saradomin etc that have either died or fled.
Everyone is outside mourning: Guthix, Bandos and V when I'm sitting here thinking of Tuska..

09-Nov-2016 18:45:23

Neborian

Neborian

Posts: 1,543 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd very much like to hear what he thought of the Elder artefacts he found. I have to imagine he didn't discover the Elder Gods like Zaros did, but he had to have some inkling about their existence. How did he pursue this knowledge in any way? What did he make of the Elder artefacts? He can't have simply found them and said "seems legit". The unknown origins of these incredibly powerful artefacts must have peaked his interest in some way.

The only other thing I'd be curious about would be...during his 2 sleeps, what was it like? Was it genuinely just the sort of sleep we'd experience but longer, or was he capable of doing anything during this sleep? I know that Zaros planned to retreat from the public eye during the Second Age to research the Elder Gods, so I'd like to think Guthix was doing... something during those sleeps.

09-Nov-2016 20:50:10 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2016 20:53:34 by Neborian

P Caesar
Jun Member 2006

P Caesar

Posts: 778 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What was Runecrafting like when he was the only one that did it?
He got the idea (for Runecrafting) from the Stone of Jas, right?
What kind of knowledge did he draw from the Stone of Jas? When we've touched it, we've gotten visions of Zamorak and Saradomin, Forinthry and the God Wars. What did Guthix see, since he was (excluding possibly the Dragonkin) the first non-Elder to touch it?

Who and what are the other two Guardians of Guthix?
Why is Ocellus a Guardian anyway?
Where has Valluta been all this time?
It's been said that the number of Guardians is the same as the number of standing stones in a druid circle. Is this a coincidence? Did the druids make their circles that way because of the number of Guardians Guthix chose? Did the druids know the number and names of the Guardians?

How did Death become Death?

How did it go with the other gods when Guthix banished them?
Was there something that happened between the end of the Third Age (when Guthix banished the gods) and the end of the Fifth Age (when Guthix let himself die because he didn't want there to be any gods) that changed his philosophy?
He got his hatred of gods from the Naragun God Wars, didn't he?

Guthix cut too deeply into the Void with the Elder Sword. Did he actually go there? Or was the Sword, made by Elders, not capable of making a World Gate connection to a place (the Void) outside of the Elders' creation?
Is Guthix partly to blame for those Void portals that keep popping up on tropical islands?
What did Guthix know about the Void Knights?
Does he approve of them as a militaristic force for balance?

Guthix brought the gnomes to Gielinor, and the gnomes instituted a "Spirit Tree Guardian" (Hazelmere was the last). Did Guthix have anything to do with this?
Spirit Trees appear to be strongly connected (more so than normal trees) to the Anima Mundi. Can this position be thought of as similar to a World Guardian?
What's the most convincing ship in the game?
Zaros x Char: Charos!

09-Nov-2016 20:57:48

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-Any personal views for the banished Gods.

-How he felt after meeting us in the past.

-Specifically how he became a Tier 2.

-His knowledge/plans on the Elders.

-Knowledge gained from the stone.

-How he made us the WG.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

09-Nov-2016 21:56:42 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2016 21:58:54 by Hazeel

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In no particular order...

* What adventures did he have traveling around before finding Gielinor?

* How long and in-depth did he plan for the whole World Guardian thing after meeting us during TLW?

* We know of his relationship with Seren and some minor views on other gods (asking V to leave, Icthlarin considering him a friend, ect). But what about the rest?

* More info on the other 2 Guardians of Guthix we haven't met would be nice.

* Speaking of Guardians, what was he planning on when he made Ocellus one? Or is Ocellus even a proper guardian to begin with?

* Does he have followings on other worlds that we don't know about? If so, what are they like?

* Balance Elemental. We more or less know what it is (kinda), but how did Guthix even create that thing? And why use only that, some puzzles, and nothing else to guard the Stone of Jas?

* Did using the Elder Sword on his multiverse travels have any adverse effects on anything?

* What are his views/relationship like with the Void Knights?

* It might've been a joke, but I remember Sheep (and cats) were important to Guthix back in the days of God Letters. What did he see in them and cats? :p

* If humans were originally from Teragard and spread because of Saradomin, how did Guthix manage to convince some of them to cross over to Gielinor in the first place? And where did he find the Dwarves and Gnomes?
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

09-Nov-2016 22:24:41

P Caesar
Jun Member 2006

P Caesar

Posts: 778 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently, Guthix made Cres in his sleep. Can we get more on this from Guthix's side? Gods making things in their sleep (like Mah, apparently Guthix, and possibly Tumeken did) is interesting to me. What's the most convincing ship in the game?
Zaros x Char: Charos!

10-Nov-2016 00:45:27

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Finally clarifying some of the points of contention as far as the naragi and Saradomin. Piecing together the airut book with the others we've at least got an implication that the peaceful naragi went to negotiate with Saradomin, the more desperate Naragi went to lure Tuska against Saradomin, and Tuska destroyed Saradomin's stronghold, killing the peaceful naragi in the process. At that point Saradomin finally realized "I messed up" and went from trying to subjugate the naragi to trying to save them from this threat, ultimately failing and abandoning them to save his own skin.

But that's all loosely strung together with headcanon, is the thing. We've got like half the pieces of that story, and I think it'd make a big deal to people's perception of Saradomin's character.

This headcanon in particular. Lego Miester said :
My Greatest Shame
I spent like 15 minutes digging through the thread to find it so I'm posting it dangit.

- maybe his visits as a god to other planes? I'd really love a hinting towards what other planes are like. Or at least, were like. Perhaps before the influence of certain gods? (His visit to Teragard to bring humans to Gielinor would give us some juicy Teragard lore in particular)

- Before we entered the room and Sliske kills Guthix, did they talk? There's been a long running conspiracy that Sliske is an "anti world guardian" archetype on purpose, having received similar powers as you. Why else, even with two artifacts, isn't he a god yet?
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

10-Nov-2016 01:28:13 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2016 01:50:12 by Lego Miester

Quick find code: 341-342-67-65849477 Back to Top