Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Ancientm3ge

Ancientm3ge

Posts: 4,638 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A really good read, its clear that a lot of time and work went into this thread and that is admirable. This thread is very comprehensive and contains a plethora of information, I honestly enjoyed scouring through it.

Good work Nev, though I do not agree with all of Saradomin's actions I can certainly respect him as a god and as a character.
Enlightenment is coming

10-Dec-2013 03:45:53

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Moon Man said :
Great thread. I haven't been on the forums in a long time but it makes me happy to know that Saradomin is still represented here.

The "Saradomin Bashing" in this lore forum inspired me to make the thread, these negative claims about him have been common since The World Wakes.

I aimed to provide a defence of Saradomin supported with lore and I'm happy to say I've achieved that.

10-Dec-2013 03:47:52

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Ancientm3ge said :
A really good read, its clear that a lot of time and work went into this thread and that is admirable. This thread is very comprehensive and contains a plethora of information, I honestly enjoyed scouring through it.

Good work Nev, though I do not agree with all of Saradomin\'s actions I can certainly respect him as a god and as a character.

Thanks, it's good to get some recognition :P Quite a few people have said that on the last couple of pages.

I can't help but feel this thread on Saradomin is judged harshly by many people without them ever reading the full contents of it though.

Which is a shame, as I don't consider them true lore users if they ignore a perspective that actually holds weight with evidence, just because it's inconsistent with what they want to believe.

It's not like I'm unreasonable in the thread, at several points I admit to different possibilities and never make factual claims, all I have ever done is maintain my view is strongly supported due to the lore I present.

Since my original thread about the Naragi in the Battle of Lumbridge section, I've changed some of my views and have really utilised the evidence to strengthen my positions, instead of relying on speculation or assumptions.

10-Dec-2013 03:51:51

Ancientm3ge

Ancientm3ge

Posts: 4,638 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Which is a shame, as I don't consider them true lore users if they ignore a perspective that actually holds weight with evidence, just because it's inconsistent with what they want to believe.

True and sadly many on these forums do not read the entirety of threads before posting, which always leads the discussion into redundancy. I have read the thread and responses in its entirety, I must say I'm disappointed that none have challenged this thread yet.

Nerevarine x said :
It's not like I'm unreasonable in the thread, at several points I admit to different possibilities and never make factual claims, all I have ever done is maintain my view is strongly supported due to the lore I present.
I really enjoyed the "Song From Before the War" section, it gave me a new insight onto the events that transpired and honestly I didn't know much about those events until reading this thread.
Enlightenment is coming

10-Dec-2013 04:10:57

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Oh that's good :) Glad to see you learnt something new.

The "Song From Before the War" is an interesting piece of lore, I've got the essence of the entire document on my thread so rest assured you didn't miss many important details.

I had to include it because there's several parts which are used to criticise the Icyene and Saradomin.

My thread is becoming quite large fast though, almost at page 30 :P

10-Dec-2013 04:35:22

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Because I didn't want to sidetrack the "you guys are all EVIL" thread, I'll do it here:

Original message details are unavailable.

The remark that was made had LORE and EVIDENCE to support it, so I actually edited the entire section to account for this new evidence and adjust my explanation to reflect it.

So have all of mine, but you didn't incorporate them (from what I can tell) because the lore didn't support your conclusions.

If you actually adjusted your conclusions (IE: Saradomin is benevolent) based on new evidence, instead of constantly making excuses to ensure your conclusion remains true, more people would take you seriously.

Though changing the title was a good start.

Nerevarine x said :

Good Guthix , I wish this forum had a built-in signature feature.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

10-Dec-2013 08:01:49 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 08:06:58 by Lego Miester

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

No, the lore you presented didn't support your argument, we already discussed this on another thread.

Your proposals were unsubstantiated, they were speculative. You said they weren't, I said they clearly were.

I'm not going to go into it here, it's just revisiting something in the past.

And lol, funny you should say a 28 post thread filled with lore isn't taken seriously. Well it doesn't bother me, the evidence speaks for itself.

10-Dec-2013 08:08:40 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 08:13:42 by Nerevarine x

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
No, the lore you presented did*\'t support your argument, we already discussed this on another thread.

Your proposals were unsubstantiated, they were speculative. You said they weren\'t, I said they clearly were.

I\'m not going to go into it here*****'s just revisiting something in the past.

And lol, funny you should say a 28 post thread filled with lore isn\'t taken seriously. Well it doesn\'t bother me, the evidence speaks for itself.

This thread is certainly an improvement (I see a lot more acknowledgement of opposing opinions than "Saradomin is Benevolent" ever did) but you're still as bullheaded as ever when faced with any and all evidence of Saradomin not being a nice person.

I've never claimed him to be evil so much as an ass , whose inflated sense of self-righteousness causes him to see his actions as "for the greater good" even in circumstances where they caused nothing but harm to the mortals under him.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

10-Dec-2013 08:35:24

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top