Let's talk about Azz and Moia.

Quick find code: 341-342-587-65862401

Iron Vampire
Mar Member 2023

Iron Vampire

Posts: 22,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
Iron Vampire said :
It's important to remember that, to Azzanadra, this is pretty much bestiality. Humans and Mahjarrat aren't even remotely similar creatures, and they're even from completely different worlds.

I'd imagine the idea of a human and a Mahjarrat together like that disgusts Azzanadra the same way it would disgust you to see a human and an animal together. It doesn't mean you hate that animal.

I won't argue with that. To him, humans really are just dirty stupid animals, and the moment he sees one that's extraordinary, he refuses to even call it a human.

He clearly sees humans as sentient beings, but yes we are extremely alien to the Mahjarrat (they're just used to it now after thousands of years). Don't forget that in one of the Mahjarrat memories one Mahjarrat was completely repulsed by the idea of "eating". They must have found us quite strange at first.

NotFishing said :
Hazeel said :
I won't argue with that. To him, humans really are just dirty stupid animals, and the moment he sees one that's extraordinary, he refuses to even call it a human.

Please provide a source. At what point does he refuse to acknowledge that the player is human?

This is the line in particular people are citing.

Original message details are unavailable.
Back at the height of the empire, had someone told me that Zaros would be banished from this world, I would not have believed it. After his banishment, had someone told me that a mere human would be the one to return him, I would have laughed. These things have taught me humility, a trait others of my kind lack. But I'm not entirely sure you are human anymore. No, you are something else now. I am glad you are on our side.
7:46 speedrun for "Lurkers in the Woods"
9:51 speedrun for "Clobberin' Time!"

22-Dec-2016 03:07:32

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iron Vampire said :
This is the line in particular people are citing.

Original message details are unavailable.
Back at the height of the empire, had someone told me that Zaros would be banished from this world, I would not have believed it. After his banishment, had someone told me that a mere human would be the one to return him, I would have laughed. These things have taught me humility, a trait others of my kind lack. But I'm not entirely sure you are human anymore. No, you are something else now. I am glad you are on our side.

And no one else concluded that he was simply referring to the player's World Guardian abilities?
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

22-Dec-2016 03:14:23

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No one else complains about Azzanadra slaughtering a whole enemy tribe for a crime they really did not commit?

And for trusting Sliske's words without evidence? He should have just went to search for his brother's gem and find out the truth from it
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

22-Dec-2016 08:38:43

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are humans and Mahjarrat truly so different? As far as differing races go, they're some of the closest you can get in terms of appearence, ignoring subspecies like elves. I mean hell, look at that picture of Sliske in the log in screen. Make him tan and give him some blue/green/brown eyes and you have your typical human being.

In terms of strength, we just pit the strongest human against the strongest Mahjarrat (before the CoM ritual) with the SoA. The human won. It's not that humans are incapable of strength, people like Solus, the WG, and Nomad are proof of that. It's just that humans are generally raised in a weaker culture that means much of their potential is wasted.

ZAmorakZaros said :
No one else complains about Azzanadra slaughtering a whole enemy tribe for a crime they really did not commit?

And for trusting Sliske's words without evidence? He should have just went to search for his brother's gem and find out the truth from it

Azzanadra isn't all that bright and I think most people have come to accept that by now.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

22-Dec-2016 09:11:11

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
Are humans and Mahjarrat truly so different? As far as differing races go, they're some of the closest you can get in terms of appearence, ignoring subspecies like elves. I mean hell, look at that picture of Sliske in the log in screen. Make him tan and give him some blue/green/brown eyes and you have your typical human being.

In terms of strength, we just pit the strongest human against the strongest Mahjarrat (before the CoM ritual) with the SoA. The human won. It's not that humans are incapable of strength, people like Solus, the WG, and Nomad are proof of that. It's just that humans are generally raised in a saradominist culture that means much of their potential is wasted.

ZAmorakZaros said :

Azzanadra isn't all that bright and I think most people have come to accept that by now.

Fixed it
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

22-Dec-2016 13:27:59

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I honestly don't understand why people think Azzanadra is stupid. He's fanatical, at times close-minded and most likely slight mad but that doesn't make him less intelligent than anyone else. It makes him a good character. If someone could explain this properly it might be helpful. Also re: the tribe slaughtering. Would you really believe a group of random people over a someone you believe to be a friend? Especially when things like revenge killings and tribal disputes are common in society.

I can only echo what other people have said in that Moia is basically the equivalent of a human-monkey hybrid. Upon seeing this for the 1st time it's pretty natural to reject it, especially when it is opposing you.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

22-Dec-2016 15:27:16 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 15:29:19 by SixOfOne

The Mather1
May Member 2008

The Mather1

Posts: 1,172 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
In terms of strength, we just pit the strongest human against the strongest Mahjarrat (before the CoM ritual) with the SoA. The human won.

Sliske was a strong Mahjarrat, but not by far the strongest. Although his trickery gives him one hell of an edge, that's still not even comparable Azzanadra's magic, which was able to instantly create a force field capable of withstanding an explosion that devastated a fifth of the continent.

I have no doubts that a fight against Azzy would be a hell of a lot tougher than Sliske's fight, even if he fights completely fair. And that there's no way we'd be putting much of a scratch on him unless we enter World Guardian mode again.
"Abscondita est in Astra."

22-Dec-2016 16:00:18 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 16:02:04 by The Mather1

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Mather1 said :
Sliske was a strong Mahjarrat, but not by far the strongest. Although his trickery gives him one hell of an edge, that's still not even comparable Azzanadra's magic, which was able to instantly create a force field capable of withstanding an explosion that devastated a fifth of the continent.

I have no doubts that a fight against Azzy would be a hell of a lot tougher than Sliske's fight, even if he fights completely fair. And that there's no way we'd be putting much of a scratch on him unless we enter World Guardian mode again.

I did say before CoM ritual. Now? Yeah, Azzanadra might be stronger. Before? Sliske was a tier ahead of him and had the staff on top of that. When we watch Zamorak in a similar situation, he literally just swatted Azzanadra aside.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

22-Dec-2016 16:52:57 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2016 16:53:32 by Hazeel

SixOfOne
Apr Member 2023

SixOfOne

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
The Mather1 said :

I did say before CoM ritual. Now? Yeah, Azzanadra might be stronger. Before? Sliske was a tier ahead of him and had the staff on top of that. When we watch Zamorak in a similar situation, he literally just swatted Azzanadra aside.

Sliske has always relied more on tricks than actual combat ability. He was also using the stone for knowledge not power. Both Azzanadra and Zamorak (as a mahjarrat) would destroy the player. If we take the two main examples of Azzanadras' power in the lore it's him making a shield to protect from a god nuke and easily destroying an army. He's strong enough to make it so that saradominists and zamorakians team up against him. Also remember that he's one of the 4 strongest original Mahjarrat in terms of raw power and Zamorak doesn't rank amongst that group.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes

22-Dec-2016 16:58:29

Quick find code: 341-342-587-65862401 Back to Top