Forums

OSRS players love RS3 now

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A couple of weeks ago, big OSRS content creator J1mmy confessed he was wrong all these years on RS3. He said he was very stupid not to realize Revolution Mode has always been the same ease as Legacy Mode in RS3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrOreM8es4

Today, at the end of the OSRS Livestream, they showed another OSRS content creator using a RS3 Orthen Digsite music track in his video (01:14:12):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1667496078

Seems like more and more OSRS players, especially content creators like RS3 content now. No wonder OSRS is trying to copy more and more RS3 content.

02-Dec-2022 01:14:43 - Last edited on 02-Dec-2022 01:27:52 by Dilbert2001

Klyvis
Oct Member 2021

Klyvis

Posts: 195 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RS3 has always been a fantastic game! - the reason why many people left had to do with the EOC update. Even though this style is refered as being 'World of Warcraft' style. Alot of players couldn't accept that Runescape updated their way of combat fully.
~Klyvis

~Merry
X
mass~

02-Dec-2022 04:53:11

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Klyvis said :
RS3 has always been a fantastic game! - the reason why many people left had to do with the EOC update. Even though this style is refered as being 'World of Warcraft' style. Alot of players couldn't accept that Runescape updated their way of combat fully.

If you have watched J1mmy's video, you should have a clear understanding Revolution Mode is just as easy, if not even easier, than Legacy Mode. Note that even J1mmy who are paid by Jagex to create OSRS content, confessed in the video he made on his own about RS3 without Jagex paying him to say a word, RS3 is not just about EOC. There are also Revolution and Legacy Modes for those who don't like EOC.

02-Dec-2022 16:26:31

Klyvis
Oct Member 2021

Klyvis

Posts: 195 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Klyvis said :

If you have watched J1mmy's video, you should have a clear understanding Revolution Mode is just as easy, if not even easier, than Legacy Mode. Note that even J1mmy who are paid by Jagex to create OSRS content, confessed in the video he made on his own about RS3 without Jagex paying him to say a word, RS3 is not just about EOC. There are also Revolution and Legacy Modes for those who don't like EOC.

Personally I think it has more to do with how the game has evolved as a whole. Some people didn't like that RS3 was getting too easy. Portables you can place almost everywhere. Buying treasure hunter keys and obtain tonnes of bonus exp. I still love rs3 even though I don't play it anymore, but thats only because I am too invested in old school.

Rs3 is considered a show-off game, as to old school that still is a very grindy game. EOC plays a big role, but isn't the only reason why many people switched to old school. I am happy to see that alot of players are returning to rs3 aswell!
~Klyvis

~Merry
X
mass~

02-Dec-2022 17:59:49

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
Isn't OSRS getting "too easy" like RS3 too? Didn't you see all those huge increased and grandfathered xp to quests? Mod Kieran even mentioned an Easy OSRS Game Mode which RS3 doesn't even have. Doesn't OSRS always have Bond MTX that players can instantly buy ingredients and max in matter of days like RS3?

RS3 is considered a "show-off" game? What is a "show-off" game? I have been playing both RS3 and OSRS all the way since almost the first day of RS3 and the very first day of OSRS. I always have the impression RS3 is more a mind-our-own-business game. Nobody cares to show off anything. Cosmetics are just for fun and nobody even cares about Hiscores.

Those who think "EOC plays a big role" should definitely see the confession of J1mmy. In OSRS we click a mob to attack it. In RS3, we click a mob to attack it. Shrug! What's the difference?

It is not just a matter of "returning" to whatever game. Players may change their mind about a game even when they aren't "returning" or "switching to" that game. I don't doubt players like J1mmy will continue to play OSRS especially when he keeps getting paid to play it, but it is always refreshing when those players speak the truth on the actual feeling of other games or use the other content of the other games in games they are sponsored to play.

02-Dec-2022 18:31:33

Marcia Ress

Marcia Ress

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At some point they need to draw the line .The last acceptable update we got was Konar+Kalrum+the farming guild . After that ... every single new PvM challenge smells RS3 (Gauntlet,Nightmare,Nex,Raids3) , the new best in slot items that drop from these PvM challenges introduced unnecessary powercreep that has no place in the game . And the skilling updates like GotR ?They may sound nice in theory but all they do is show the middle finger to the people who already have 99(or even 200mill exp) .
I don't care how easy or harder or more complex the game is becoming . I only care about one thing .Only care about 1 type of players , the only ones who actually care , the only ones who actually matter. The old players , the boomers , the people who take breaks but always come back to the game . The game is starting to feel alien to us and that's a fact

03-Dec-2022 17:27:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Smells like RS3? The power creep in OSRS is becoming bigger than RS3 soon. Remember OSRS extremists complaining hard about RS3 giving out free xp through daily and such? What happened to them when OSRS handed out 1 million XP totally free without even any daily or pvm challenge to already completed quests?

03-Dec-2022 17:57:10

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Sure, all kinds of OSRS players are becoming more affirmed to RS3, IM are no exception.

One misconception many OSRS players have about RS3 which is poised to be disproved sooner than later is MTX. While RS3 has MTX, everything is OPTIONAL. Unlike MTX in many other games RS3 players absolutely don't need to spend a cent on MTX and can still obtain everything. Basically all MTX in RS3 is very fair... perhaps with the exception of Bond.

Yes, Bond is extremely pay to win but it is "plaguing" OSRS to the exact same extent. So OSRS players should have no concern about Bond MTX in RS3 whatsoever.

Perhaps what make OSRS players more aware of the MTX situation in OSRS and RS3 is in their 2021 official financial report (page 24), Jagex has reversed course and acknowledged Bond as MTX together with RuneCoins and Treasure Hunter Keys. So officially OSRS has MTX in Bond in compliance to all real world government regulations as well as self regulating agencies like ESRB and PEGI.

Those who finally realized "in OSRS when we attack a mob we click the mob, and in RS3 when we attack a mob we just click the mob" should also realize "in RS3 we instantly get an ECB buying bonds MTX with real money, and in OSRS we instantly get a Twisted Bow also buying bonds MTX with real money". No difference whatsoever.

04-Dec-2022 15:28:00 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2022 18:21:33 by Dilbert2001

The contents of this message have been hidden.

04-Dec-2022 18:12:31

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044 Back to Top