OSRS players love RS3 now

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044

0-t
Aug Member 2011

0-t

Posts: 505 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :

ROFL! OSRS was released 10 years ago

It's very funny when someone tries to argue that OSRS is dying, while at the same time emphasizing the fact that the game has been around for 10 years :D
- LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP WINER, OF THE 2012 TESTIMONIAL VIDEO COMPETITION! -

... they say there was the fifth one. Lost and forgotten. The time he will rise again, will mark his new name - 0-t the Terrifying!

30-Aug-2023 23:02:50

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0-t said :
Dilbert2001 said :

ROFL! OSRS was released 10 years ago

It's very funny when someone tries to argue that OSRS is dying, while at the same time emphasizing the fact that the game has been around for 10 years :D

Did you read what this thread is about? We are talking about OSRS players loving RS3 now. Not that OSRS has to be dying or dead for their players to love RS3 too.

OSRS may be old (and not as competitive as other games or even dying depending on what angles you are looking at), but it won't be the major reason OSRS players love RS3, which is an even older game.

Old games like RS3 and OSRS are already known to most players who are interested in video games. I doubt any OSRS players will have to google RS3 to find out what it is. In fact, plenty of OSRS players knew Runescape.com and the RSOF and frequently we saw many of OSRS players posting in the RS3 forums.

OSRS players love RS3 pretty much for the same reason other people love RS3. They are interested in RS3's content, not that they have to find out what RS3 is from Google or other content creators.

30-Aug-2023 23:19:36

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Actually not hard to see why some OSRS loves RS3, as perhaps they actually "hate" RS3 but they hate OSRS even more than RS3... because of...

"the absence of updates for high-level players, the disappointment surrounding the Forestry system, the anticipation for Desert Treasure 2, the removal of the ancient Prayerbook, the disparity in update history compared to RS3, the need for quality of life improvements, the subpar quality assurance practices, the abandoned Tombs of Amascut, and testimonials from players across all skill levels who are dissatisfied with the current state of the game."

Are you a skiller in OSRS, especially not an IM? It is not hard to see even skilling content may be good to you in OSRS, but skillers actually have bigger and bigger influentials in the RS3 economy, with more and more and more skilling content.

31-Aug-2023 20:03:30

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Actually not hard to see why some OSRS loves RS3, as perhaps they actually "hate" RS3 but they hate OSRS even more than RS3... because of...

"the absence of updates for high-level players, the disappointment surrounding the Forestry system, the anticipation for Desert Treasure 2, the removal of the ancient Prayerbook, the disparity in update history compared to RS3, the need for quality of life improvements, the subpar quality assurance practices, the abandoned Tombs of Amascut, and testimonials from players across all skill levels who are dissatisfied with the current state of the game."

Are you a skiller in OSRS, especially not an IM? It is not hard to see even skilling content may be good to you in OSRS, but skillers actually have bigger and bigger influentials in the RS3 economy, with more and more and more skilling content.

31-Aug-2023 20:03:30

0-t
Aug Member 2011

0-t

Posts: 505 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, sorry, I only delved into one comment and another, but I want to ask you honestly, what is the purpose of this thread? Show that RS3 is more popular than OS? It's always been that way. Show that players are starting to migrate between the two versions? It happens all the time. Did you just want to vocally voice your opinion on the matter? It's great, but it feels like you want to prove something, so if, as you said, it's not because the OS is dying, what did you want to say?

You took one content creator as an example, but there are hundreds of them. For example, A Friend has successfully been able to combine its content between the two versions for several years now, and no one has a problem with it.

I think that for such aspects it is not even worth discussing whether one or the other version is more legitimate than the other.
- LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP WINER, OF THE 2012 TESTIMONIAL VIDEO COMPETITION! -

... they say there was the fifth one. Lost and forgotten. The time he will rise again, will mark his new name - 0-t the Terrifying!

31-Aug-2023 21:46:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

0-t said :
Yes, sorry, I only delved into one comment and another, but I want to ask you honestly, what is the purpose of this thread? Show that RS3 is more popular than OS?
It's always been that way. Show that players are starting to migrate between the two versions? It happens all the time. Did you just want to vocally voice your opinion on the matter? It's great, but it feels like you want to prove something, so if, as you said, it's not because the OS is dying, what did you want to say?

You took one content creator as an example, but there are hundreds of them. For example, A Friend has successfully been able to combine its content between the two versions for several years now, and no one has a problem with it.

I think that for such aspects it is not even worth discussing whether one or the other version is more legitimate than the other.

I thought I made the purpose of this thread extremely clearly with the very first sentence of OP already. In fact, the purpose of this thread is just the purpose of the content I quoted from said content creators and a lot more other I didn't quote.

They clearly showed us why they love RS3 from the perspectives of OSRS players. I don't see where these OSRS players talked about popularity, migration, or whatever you think you see. For instance, J1mmy still create OSRS content even when he admitted he was wrong about EOC, Revolution modes etc in RS3.

01-Sep-2023 02:49:41

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’ll admit first I was totally against this idea but now I’m starting to catch on. I’ve been playing RS3 lately and I must say I’m not totally hating the experience, been trying to grind and catch up with the game. OSRS has been very disappointing with updates lately as mentioned by Dilbert. I just don’t have the patience left for it.

01-Sep-2023 13:20:06

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

I am actually not very disappointed with the updates lately as I knew years ago from the severely divided community, heterogeneity of updates and the game straying away from being a typical MMORPG it used to be in 2007 wouldn't make OSRS a mainstay of the present and future video game industry. The "disappointment" actually came 6 or 7 years ago so no disappointment in OSRS now when I only expect OSRS to be a side game or 2nd screen game, just something extra I can do on the side, not a game I can seriously expect progression persistently going forward into the future.

01-Sep-2023 18:27:04

Plonster
Dec Member 2019

Plonster

Posts: 1,452 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't like RS3 for a very long time just because it was too much bloat for me to learn after not playing for a long time. It was nothing to do with not enjoying the games updates. I never liked MTX but you don't have to play that, and as for pay to win aspect, OSRS has that anyway with gold rwted daily in to the game.

RS3 has some cool skills to enjoy and the combat is fun too if you want a change of pace.

I enjoy both games though. It's tough finding time to enjoy both as much lol.
Clan Defy -
Rank [Smiter]

I make Combat Achievement Guides over on Youtube
@PlonsterOSRS

Also update over on Twitter
@PlonsterOSRS

02-Sep-2023 04:23:40 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2023 04:24:03 by Plonster

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044 Back to Top