Forums

OSRS players love RS3 now

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#NWGADNOV3] said :
rs3 has guaranteed account progress from the free keys and lamps , there are zero grinds on rs3 since u can just buy 120 slayer or just dailyscape the daily tasks for 60-70 days and get 120 99 slayer on an iron
there is definitrly zero comparison there, osrs is far more grindiet because u dont get 50k xp handouts in 3 skills everyday

Good for RS3 as the UK Parliament shouldn't have a problem with them as they have heaps of non-grindy way for players to enjoy a healthy game. That's why OSRS players hating the grind may love RS3 too.

04-Dec-2022 21:30:20

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Teridax said :
Lol this thread is just a far-reaching attempt to make OSRS players jump ship to RS3, no lol the game is still terrible. I don’t like seeing maxcapes and fairy wings everywhere.

While the OSRS content creators I quoted are clearly happily endorsing RS3 content, it doesn't mean they "attempt to make OSRS players jump ship to RS3". They only showed RS3 content is good, but they don't necessarily mean OSRS is bad and/or encourage OSRS players to "jump ship" to RS3. Afterall, we can always play both RS3 and OSRS.

05-Dec-2022 18:30:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Far more signs OSRS players love RS3 content, based on how they like Path of the Forrester, which is an obvious adaption of the AFK, no banking, easy xp, power creep RS3 style content like Evil Tree and Community Divination.

12-Dec-2022 01:26:55 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2022 01:37:40 by Dilbert2001

Gixer66

Gixer66

Posts: 1,255 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I stopped playing RS totally when EoC was confirmed as coming, played the Beta, hated it, gave Jagex feedback. Then voted with my wallet.

I've tried RS3 a few times in the last 10 years, and still dislike it.

OSRS on the other hand I have started to play again, currently having a blast grinding out levels.

I still dont think you can compare the two, feels like comparing Diablo 3 and Imortal. I briefly logged onto RS3 - gained 2 Dungeoneering levels for free, while I was stood in the GE. Logged out. Too much Pay-to-Win content, not for me, the interface is still a mess, annoying pop ups to "encourage" the user to paret with cash.

OSRS still has the appeal that RS2 did 10 years ago, RS3 still doesn't for me.

12-Dec-2022 12:53:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Gixer66 said :
I stopped playing RS totally when EoC was confirmed as coming, played the Beta, hated it, gave Jagex feedback. Then voted with my wallet.

I've tried RS3 a few times in the last 10 years, and still dislike it.

OSRS on the other hand I have started to play again, currently having a blast grinding out levels.

I still dont think you can compare the two, feels like comparing Diablo 3 and Imortal. I briefly logged onto RS3 - gained 2 Dungeoneering levels for free, while I was stood in the GE. Logged out. Too much Pay-to-Win content, not for me, the interface is still a mess, annoying pop ups to "encourage" the user to paret with cash.

OSRS still has the appeal that RS2 did 10 years ago, RS3 still doesn't for me.

I don't think the more and more OSRS players loving RS3 are necessarily comparing the 2 games. They just like RS3 content like stories, AFK skilling, easyscape, audio/visual effects etc. That's why they want OSRS to add those content and OSRS is doing that.

Are we also getting similar in game messages telling OSRS players about the achievements of OSRS FSW players to encourage them to spend cash on new FSW accounts?

Regarding the RS3 interface, J1mmy already has a clear change on opinion. The RS3 interface isn't a mess at all. You can choose Revolution mode or even simply Legacy Mode which is the 2011 Legacy Interface, similar to OSRS.

12-Dec-2022 18:59:38

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Not just OSRS players are loving RS3 now, OSRS Jmods seem to be loving RS3 too:

https://www.twitch.tv/oldschoolrs

They even put RS3's Legacy of Zamorak screen on the home page of the official OldSchoolRS channel. :D

Everybody OSRS Jmods and players are thinking the RS3 way now. Good for them! :)

15-Dec-2022 19:22:40

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone who plays both I only play RS3 because I am maxed, and i ONLY play OSRS for combat. OSRS is runescape without the eoc. Period, its not oldschool hasnt been oldschool for years. If EOC was removed from RS3 tomorrow i would never touch OSRS again.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

16-Dec-2022 02:33:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Bruce Waayne said :
As someone who plays both I only play RS3 because I am maxed, and i ONLY play OSRS for combat. OSRS is runescape without the eoc. Period, its not oldschool hasnt been oldschool for years. If EOC was removed from RS3 tomorrow i would never touch OSRS again.

OSRS and RS3 are different games for most players. Otherwise it wouldn't take them that long to discover RS3 is actually very good. The difference of RS3 and OSRS is far far more than EOC. RS3 has Legacy Mode too as J1mmy has point out finally. Why didn't OSRS discover they didn't need to care about EOC at all when playing RS3 10 years ago?

The major difference OSRS will never become RS3 even if there is no EOC in RS3 and OSRS copy everything from RS3 is the communities. RS3 is a single game with a single community enjoying everything the developers give them. OSRS is an abomination of severed minigames demanded by their vastly divided communities, holding together by duct tapes they copied from RS3 content.

That said, OSRS putting RS3's Legacy of Zamorak graphics on their "Winter Summit" video or OSRS content creator using RS3's Vault of Varanus sound track in their OSRS trailer won't turn OSRS into RS3 suddenly, as their severed communities will never make full content of Legacy of Zamorak and Vault of Varanus in OSRS happen.

16-Dec-2022 03:26:40 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2022 03:37:17 by Dilbert2001

ANGEL0FD30TH

ANGEL0FD30TH

Posts: 898 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a 15 year old player on this 15 year old account, want my two cents to what killed Runescape altogether?

It's more than just EOC. It's the fact that accounts like mine, were forced to migrate into RS3 without giving the choice to stay in RS2. This discouraged a huge portion of us, to where we got up and quit the game altogether. That's what destroyed Runescape, and nearly destroyed Jagex.

It was never about summoning. Dungeoneering. EOC. It was that.

Then everything else trickled. Your EOC, summoning, dungeoneering complaints.

18-Dec-2022 05:14:42

Quick find code: 317-318-441-66268044 Back to Top