Forums

Discontinue discontinueds?

Quick find code: 309-310-586-65933100

Countess

Countess

Posts: 3,456 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think this is good marketing for Solomon's:
Original message details are unavailable.
"The shadow drake is available for a limited time only, so it's sure to become a rare sight." ( April 2015 )
"a brand new, limited edition legendary pet called the shadow drake, which is only available for the next few weeks. " ( May 2015 )
Mod William said :
"From 00:00 UTC on 20th July until 23:59 UTC on 2nd August, the Shadow Series returns to Solomon's Store! This is your chance to get hold of the spectacular Shadow Drake pet" (July 2017)

Although we had been warned with other forms of microtransactions (I've lost count of how many times these have been re-released):
From 00:00 (GMT) on Friday the 21st of September until 23:59 (GMT) on Monday the 24th of September, players will have increased chances to grab the cosmetic Queen's Guard outfit, Dragon Ceremonial outfit, beach ball, shark fists and sunbathing emote.

Don’t miss out on these exclusive items - after Thursday the 27th of September, they'll be gone for good! ( September 2012 )

Maybe Jagex should simply discontinue discontinued Solomon items and keep all items in the store forever. Nobody will believe these types of promotions again anyway.

20-Jul-2017 11:36:42

Countess

Countess

Posts: 3,456 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Thankfully though jagex can rerelease anything they see a potential profit from.

Yes, I'm sure they will profit in the short term. But it could be more damaging in the long term, because it undermines future similar promotions.

20-Jul-2017 12:42:10

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Countess said :
Yes, I'm sure they will profit in the short term. But it could be more damaging in the long term, because it undermines future similar promotions.

Yet if that were true, ppl wouldnt buy into them as heavily as they always do.

Case in point, the gem items. Even though they got rereleased like 3-4x ppl still bought into it each and every time.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

20-Jul-2017 12:44:04 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2017 12:44:31 by Draco Burnz

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Damn Op actually has a point. They actually did state that the drake will never return. I feel bad for arguing with Blackwing now, if you're out there i'm sorry. Yes they did state it was limited but that's not the point. They also officially stated that it would never return again in this sentence:
""a brand new, limited edition legendary pet called the shadow drake,
which is only available
for the next few weeks."
Keyword: only
Define only: and no one or nothing more besides; solely. (from google)
That sentence itself shows that the drake shouldn't have ever been made available again.

20-Jul-2017 13:05:02

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said :
Damn Op actually has a point. They actually did state that the drake will never return. I feel bad for arguing with Blackwing now, if you're out there i'm sorry. Yes they did state it was limited but that's not the point. They also officially stated that it would never return again in this sentence:
""a brand new, limited edition legendary pet called the shadow drake,
which is only available
for the next few weeks."
Keyword: only
Define only: and no one or nothing more besides; solely. (from google)
That sentence itself shows that the drake shouldn't have ever been made available again.

Well, even though this doesn't bring back the discontinuity, at least it's nice to take out that bad taste from my mouth after seeing a certain someone become a turncoat (thanks for calling them out on that btw, I wouldn't have bothered personally).

Anyhow, now that the shadow series returned and in such massive numbers, I'll return the favor and only buy stuff that are permanent additions to the store now. No more money into these cash-in promotions; **** you too, MTX team. I guess the next stuff up in the list of discontinued stuff to protect are certain premier club bonuses. If they start re-releasing those too, then there's no point to buy into those either and I might as well go back to grandfathered membership prices. Sigh.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

20-Jul-2017 14:51:29

Quick find code: 309-310-586-65933100 Back to Top