Discontinue discontinueds?

Quick find code: 309-310-586-65933100

Countess

Countess

Posts: 3,456 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said :
Draco Burnz said :
Countess said :
^ There is a thread to discuss partyhats returning in the TH forum!

Agreed.
Agreed, however i'm not the one who brought partyhats into this thread so please direct your posts at draco not me.

I can see who started it. :P

It was directed at the discussion of partyhats as a whole, not at a single post or person. I did not mean to give offence.

05-Aug-2017 15:09:04

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Countess said :
Qwis7 said :
limit and discontinued are 2 different things.
limit is retainable but only for once a year for example.
Discontinued is no longer obtainable.

Party hats are discontinued like all the old event items Jagex already confirmed this plenty times.
all Solomon items are so far limit time only so they all can comeback yes the shadow and gameblast items to.
The treasure hunt items got som discounted items like the black santa fish mask xmas hat, but the most are limit time only so they can come back to.

So far they didn't release any discontinued items only limit time ones.

Neither "limited" nor "discontinued" completely rule out an item's return. If something is described as discontinued, it may be no longer available, but that alone does not exclude it from returning.

Furthermore:
- Any item that you can keep is re tainable!
- The black santa hat was not released on TH or SoF.

Yes no longer available is the same as not able to return, because if they return there able to get again.

Your true about the black Santa hats they are form the festive cracker event and also a discontinued item.

05-Aug-2017 18:27:26

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Countess said :
It shouldn't have happened because of what Jagex said.

But it did happen anyway.

Hence the suggestion to discontinue these types of promotions.

Well that has as much chance of happening as phats have of rereleasing.

Before you do and obviously will, that means 0%.

^ Your post which brought partyhats into the discussion. Now please explain to me how it was me who started it?

06-Aug-2017 10:32:08

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said :
Draco Burnz said :
Countess said :
It shouldn't have happened because of what Jagex said.

But it did happen anyway.

Hence the suggestion to discontinue these types of promotions.

Well that has as much chance of happening as phats have of rereleasing.

Before you do and obviously will, that means 0%.

^ Your post which brought partyhats into the discussion. Now please explain to me how it was me who started it?

It doesn't matter who started it.
The point is its off topic.

Also draco will always post again after something like this so you wont win the last post :P

06-Aug-2017 15:16:17

Countess

Countess

Posts: 3,456 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Qwis7 said :
Yes no longer available is the same as not able to return, because if they return there able to get again.

If something is described as "discontinued" or "no longer available" without additional details, that does not fully exclude it from returning:

Discontinue
cease from doing or providing (something)
stop making (a particular product)

Yes, if you discontinue something it means it is no longer available at a given time, but that is not a watertight promise that it won't be reintroduced in the future. Yes, it could never be reintroduced. But it also could be reintroduced. Without clarification, it can't be excluded.

That's like saying a ball that has stopped rolling will never start rolling again because it has stopped.

(Search the internet for examples of things that have been discontinued and then reintroduced if you must.)

Contrast with "only available for", "last chance" and "gone for good", which do only have one meaning.

Regardless, Jagex have brought back Solomon items that they have either implied would not return or clearly said would not return. Hence the topic of this thread.

07-Aug-2017 12:40:27

The contents of this message have been hidden.

07-Aug-2017 17:53:41

The contents of this message have been hidden.

09-Aug-2017 11:37:02

Quick find code: 309-310-586-65933100 Back to Top