Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Apple Senior

Apple Senior

Posts: 123 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Fair chance? What happened to all the players that go to university or work? Everyone thats really high level right now are there because they are kids currently in summer break and have all day to play or adults unemployed with their parents. I don't have much time to play this game since I am a working person and I would love to spend some cash into lamps so I can "catch up" to the people "no lifeing" the new skill.

I'm almost afraid to comment on that...

It's fair because everybody has an equal chance. Some people work. Some don't. Some people go to school. Some don't. Some people have money to spend on spins or lamps or whatever. Some don't.

You have a pretty slighted and one-sided argument if you say 'my schedule is gonna make me buy lamps to 'catch up' to the people who actually trained.' (no-life or not)

Are you in a race? Train or don't train. The lamps will still be able to be bought later, but right now, NOBODY is allowed, and regardless of your life and your schedule, you are no different than any other player.

23-Aug-2013 20:45:12

Aorai

Aorai

Posts: 124 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been rather enjoying myself training Divination the last couple of days. Just hit level 64.
I did have a quick concern about Signs of the Porter. It seems that several items that players would like to use them on, it won't work on. Such as Dragon bones or any bones. A friend pointed out that is because they are not part of a gathering skill. Well, what about any kind of swamp lizard or salamander? None of which can be teleported to the bank. Also, I'm curious why such items as Chinchompas or feathers can be teleported, as they are already stackable. Anyone know why?

23-Aug-2013 20:51:00

SteelMantis
Sep Member 2011

SteelMantis

Posts: 13,516 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You will not be able to gain bonus or lamp XP in the Divination skill until several weeks have passed since its release. When this changes, we'll let you know via the news.

Can I ask why this skill is more special than previous skills?

In the 5+ years I've been on this game, the only new skill I've seen before this was Dungeoneering, and they did exactly the same thing. All the 'free' and 'bonus' methods of gaining xp like all those you listed were held out of use for the first 2 weeks or so. It was to give everybody a fair chance to start, (or something like that). They (Jagex) have already stated, (the same as they did with Dungeoneering,) that all these methods of 'free' and 'bonus' xp will come in a week or two. Just be patient. Hope this helps. :)

Yep for the first couple of weeks for all the other skills, but this one is in several weeks. Just want to know why this is special? Several being more than two.

Why not just tell us when the bonus XP can be used. Just like hunter, farming, Dung I have no intention of training it the normal way and all these skills allowed us to TOG after two weeks.
Grinding Skills was so 2007!

23-Aug-2013 22:56:39

SteelMantis
Sep Member 2011

SteelMantis

Posts: 13,516 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fair chance? What happened to all the players that go to university or work? Everyone thats really high level right now are there because they are kids currently in summer break and have all day to play or adults unemployed with their parents. I don't have much time to play this game since I am a working person and I would love to spend some cash into lamps so I can "catch up" to the people "no lifeing" the new skill.

Jagex despise players with real lives.
Grinding Skills was so 2007!

23-Aug-2013 22:57:43

[#VMKOJ4G4B]

[#VMKOJ4G4B]

Posts: 766 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, he said it's runespan re-skinned. But not explanation as to why. People say it is runespan, but not one can given an answer when asked to explain why.

I know you've seen the explanation already but if you watch the first Divination preview video, at 1:24, Mod Mark plainly says that Divination is a cross between the Runespan and other gather skills.

True, but it´s a bit way too much Runespan. What I want to say is that when Hunter came out, it was something new, it brought all kinds of animals. Woodcutting is all kinds of trees, mining is all kinds of ores, Construction is all kinds of furniture. But Divination? Sucking energy from some flying balls of light that look totally like each other and then throwing the energy to a hole in the ground, whole 99 levels, whole 13m exp. There is less variety than in Runespan, really.

+1 to this, there really don't seem to be a hole lot to this new skill.

Bring out some new quests, in-fact bring out ALOT of new GMQ's and i'l come running back to play and pay.

To be honest i miss being addicted to RS but i just don't enjoy it anymore, i keep coming back and seeing i there's anything good that i like but there never is :-(

23-Aug-2013 23:42:50

[#VMKOJ4G4B]

[#VMKOJ4G4B]

Posts: 766 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

I was super excited to hear a new skill was coming to Runescape. Quickly to my surprise I realized not only is this skill completely worthless, but also nothing more than a bean counter skill. This WILL NOT draw in new players. The only reason why it's so popular at the moment is because its highly attractive for players to get their names on the top of the leader board. But just as quickly as people are flocking to it, trying to get their spot on the first to 99, it will die out just as fast. This skill is the exact model Star Wars: The Old Republic used, and failed miserably with. Not only is the skill boring and tedious; but you can't use anything you have gained in game to help you rack up experience. No clan avatars, no prismatic pendants, no prismatic lamps, NO NOTHING. It forces consumers to think, "Well why am I spending my hard earned money on spins, if I can't even use them to help me in game for the things I want?". You're destroying your own business model that you built by limiting players to only do what they're allowed; not what they want. It takes away from the whole reason why people play MMO-RPGs in the first place; to escape their normal lives and do whatever they want in another world. I work for a successful MMO-RPG game company in California, and the only reason why i've stayed with Runescape for so long is because it was a casual game that was fun and i've been playing it since I was a little girl. Now that i'm older I see (especially with this new update) that its time for me to move on and play World of Warcraft, or League of Legends because these games are what Runescape USED TO BE. I wish you all the best in the future, unfortunately I will not be continuing my membership with you.

Regards,
Rinoa0111

I feel your pain, i was p2p for seven years+ but i just got sick of the lame or lack of updates and then the only updates we did get was really just them selling crap.

24-Aug-2013 00:09:49

Desu Genesis

Desu Genesis

Posts: 2,540 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
just wondering i went use my wisdom aura and did not work, is this something overlooked or does it not work for this skill?

any xp boosting item wont work on divination until a month after it's been out

Also I actually don't mind this skill, It's tedious to train but those divine skilling plots you can make are pretty nice xp

One thing I'd like to see changed is I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not but I've noticed the more people using enriched nodes the longer it lasts, It's going to become useless to use once the hype train dies on. I'm kinda sour about Timbo deciding to make current content useless so that they could add "new" things for this skill, I wish he would've asked us players what we wanted.

24-Aug-2013 02:01:53

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top