Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Repressor

Repressor

Posts: 2,171 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One of the really annoying things:

Can the range of our chat be increased?

It's annoying to run to the rift and back and miss what another person may have said just because you've wandered out of the 10 pace chat distance.

It would add to your CORE aims of having this as a social skill.
Lampshades have an absolutely shocking attitude.

23-Aug-2013 15:46:16

SteelMantis
Sep Member 2011

SteelMantis

Posts: 13,516 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You will not be able to gain bonus or lamp XP in the Divination skill until several weeks have passed since its release. When this changes, we'll let you know via the news.

Can I ask why this skill is more special than previous skills?
Grinding Skills was so 2007!

23-Aug-2013 16:43:39

Thautrane

Thautrane

Posts: 347 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
You will not be able to gain bonus or lamp XP in the Divination skill until several weeks have passed since its release. When this changes, we'll let you know via the news.

Actually, this has happened w/previous skills. There's nothing different about this one. Gives folks a chance to base their ranks on actually working the skill rather than simply buying it w/lamps, peng points, etc.

23-Aug-2013 17:17:27

Apple Senior

Apple Senior

Posts: 123 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

In the 5+ years I've been on this game, the only new skill I've seen before this was Dungeoneering, and they did exactly the same thing. All the 'free' and 'bonus' methods of gaining xp like all those you listed were held out of use for the first 2 weeks or so. It was to give everybody a fair chance to start, (or something like that). They (Jagex) have already stated, (the same as they did with Dungeoneering,) that all these methods of 'free' and 'bonus' xp will come in a week or two. Just be patient. Hope this helps. :)

23-Aug-2013 17:20:44

Thautrane

Thautrane

Posts: 347 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now I don't mind the skill--but I dislike the name. Divination is all about gathering knowledge via the mystical arts--which this skill has nothing to do with! Sure we transmute and conjure--two other separate mystical arts, but we don't gather knowledge.

So kudos on the skill; I see a lot of potential. But, Jagex, make sure skill names accurately reflect what they're about.

23-Aug-2013 17:21:37

Morilinde
Dec Member 2023

Morilinde

Posts: 18,003 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm enjoying training of Divination so far, exp rate seems fine too when you think of all pendants, xp lamps etc that we can all start to use next month. I've had the chance to try a couple divine locations and I like these. I'll have to explore the possibilities. :) Thranduil | King of the Elves of the Wood

23-Aug-2013 17:52:44

TheJudass

TheJudass

Posts: 1,636 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fair chance? What happened to all the players that go to university or work? Everyone thats really high level right now are there because they are kids currently in summer break and have all day to play or adults unemployed with their parents. I don't have much time to play this game since I am a working person and I would love to spend some cash into lamps so I can "catch up" to the people "no lifeing" the new skill.

23-Aug-2013 20:28:25

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top