Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Arky

Arky

Posts: 152 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Genuinely enjoying this skill tbh, there's so many aspects of it that are great, how you can change locations every few levels, how you can make things to sell/help other levels. Great job jagex, well worth the wait :)

20-Aug-2013 21:20:48

Dangermouth
Sep Member 2018

Dangermouth

Posts: 2,427 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now then. Got to lvl 44 and took a quick break.

It's interesting, if you look, how the skill fits in with the story that's unfolding following Guthix' death and you can see a lot of thought went into the design of it.

It is very similar to Runespan in how it plays: same mechanic pretty much enough and it's not as much fun but I do not dislike it. Tend to like it but do find that levelling is currently tortuous. That's possibly to be expected but it's a reminder why some people call this game "Grindscape".

There is one thing that currently concerns me: the actual 'benefit' of the skill. Not for those who need it for Tasks, Capes and the like; those are self apparent. No, what I am bothered about is the abilities e.g. Transmute diamond.

Unless it's my only recourse for a diamond to have to find the right node, collect energy (unless I've banked a load) and then use 3 rubies (see above if it applies, if not I've got a few hanging around just for the purpose ... ) in order to make one why can't I either just buy one, mine one, or use one I've got hanging about? I.e. that particular 'skill' or 'reward' doesn't actually give me much (any at all?) benefit.

What about creating rocks/trees? Do they last an hour and do people willing use them to give you noted recs? Maybe in a skilling clan. Otherwise I'd say no. So you've got to create and use it yourself. So it lasts for what, an hour? Or the 2 minutes that the maple tree I saw made earlier did. And that can be made once per day? Um ... that really needs no further comment.

There are some useful rewards e.g. grave timer extender and so on but many of them are things that even I, as a predominantly DIY-er, simply can see no real benefit deriving from.

So ... it has promise but it's quite limited and I do think you might want to consider tweaking this area. I had hoped it might be used to enchant armour temporarily, for example. Now that would be very useful.

20-Aug-2013 21:23:49

SevenHellz
Jul Member 2017

SevenHellz

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
should not have to wait 24 hours to place another resource like woodcutting. i could see a 1 hour wait or maybe 2 hours max. but 24 hours is crazy and kinda kills it. besides that been having fun with this skill. currently level 29

20-Aug-2013 21:30:35

Reg Nortswon
Jun Member 2011

Reg Nortswon

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haven't given it a go yet, but have been told there is no extra xp from Clan Avatar.

Maybe this will change once people start reaching 99 or after a couple of weeks settle in time ?

Love how Max has lost his cape and can be seen doing Divination (digsite atm).

Looks interesting, will give it a go when things calm down...bit crowded atm...lol.

Some quests coming out soon involving this skill ? (hint hint, wink...lol).

Tears of Guthix doesn't go on Divination.

Lastly...no divine tears for Divination...would make sense surely...

20-Aug-2013 21:32:24 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2013 22:22:41 by Reg Nortswon

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top