Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Trevis
Nov Member 2010

Trevis

Posts: 264 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of the other gathering skills have beneficial familiars, XP-boosting outfits and/or urns to increase the XP rate of the skill. I understand not being allowed to use XP books/lamps and pendants on this skill just yet, but I think you should have released an outfit or a familiar or urns along with the skill. They do not give "free XP" like pendants and lamps but are instead earned by other means and give XP indirectly through training.

22-Aug-2013 13:27:47

3mptylord
Jul Member 2023

3mptylord

Posts: 35,751 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we rename the Portents of Restoration to have meaningful names?

So "Attuned Monkfish Portent" instead of "Portent of restoration VII". So that if I go to the GE/Bank and search "Monkfish", I get the relevant portents. It's silly that I have to examine it to find out what it is.

Also, bog-standard Cavefish Portent seems pointless given that it's outclassed by the lower levelled bog-standard Shark and attuned shark.

22-Aug-2013 13:42:26

3mptylord
Jul Member 2023

3mptylord

Posts: 35,751 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
All of the other gathering skills have beneficial familiars, XP-boosting outfits and/or urns to increase the XP rate of the skill. I understand not being allowed to use XP books/lamps and pendants on this skill just yet, but I think you should have released an outfit or a familiar or urns along with the skill. They do not give "free XP" like pendants and lamps but are instead earned by other means and give XP indirectly through training.

Technically, Divination creates its own "outfit" in the form of "Boons" - +10% experience gain.

22-Aug-2013 13:44:17

Essling
Jun Member 2023

Essling

Posts: 489 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AWESOME! I've been training divination the past few days and I have to say great job! The skill is alot of fun to train and it really brings the community together when training. I love the nostalgia feeling of the old days when we didnt have the friends and clan chat. Again great job jagex!

22-Aug-2013 15:12:45

SanguineMage
Sep Member 2023

SanguineMage

Posts: 1,922 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate this skill. Really. I hate it. Everything about it. At level 1, I thought it might be alright. It was a little different. It had a couple ideas that were somewhat new to RuneScape. It integrated a quest into it. But then, after several hours of grinding, I realized that it was not changing. I realized that there are no beneficial rewards. I realized that I just didn't care about the skill. It's very slow, boring, pointless, and really adds a lot of unnecessary grinding. You used the term, "Old school training with new school rewards". You really should have said, "Extremely slow xp rates with poor rewards."

I'm going to take a break from this. Your new skill was a terrible idea.

22-Aug-2013 17:41:23 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2013 17:48:24 by SanguineMage

Wolflady929

Wolflady929

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only issues i have with the new skill, is the avatars, pets, etc that clutter up the area. It makes it very hard to click on nodes or rift, and especially the enriched nodes when everyone is right there and u have 3-4 avatars and numerous pets in the way. Can you please make it like the GE in that familiars cant go in the area, and make it a no pet zone. Thanks for nerfing the clan vex's, cannons and banners by the way, some players were being very inconsiderate about placing them directly on the rift making it hard for others to deposit memories. Other than that good job!

22-Aug-2013 19:59:08

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't hate Divination; I'm fully aware you could have made it worse than it is. But making it a simpler (but slower) version of Runespan with more rewards (that are mostly junk) is not what I wanted after 3 years without a new skill.

22-Aug-2013 21:03:35

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top