Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

[#68HSTDZPD]

[#68HSTDZPD]

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
i don't see a difference in experience rate whether or not I make each boon. please fix

It's a 10% increase that is only applied when you're converting the memories to xp or energy. It does not apply to gathering. So if you get 25 xp per memory without the boon, you'll get 27.5 xp with the boon. Over time, it's actually a pretty substantial boost.

22-Aug-2013 08:35:50

Luicas

Luicas

Posts: 730 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No way to use xp lamps, tears of guthix, urns, trinkets, familiars, strange rocks, penguin points or do warbands or daily challenges to boost xp. Just boons and chronos. Maybe buy some energy. (Not sure you can have a skill pendant yet... and too early to say about effigies since no one is lvl 91 yet) Just the way things should be.

22-Aug-2013 09:15:11 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2013 09:24:12 by Luicas

Apple Senior

Apple Senior

Posts: 123 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No way to use xp lamps, tears of guthix, urns, trinkets, familiars, strange rocks, penguin points or do warbands or daily challenges to boost xp. Just boons and chronos. Maybe buy some energy. (Not sure you can have a skill pendant yet... and too early to say about effigies since no one is lvl 91 yet) Just the way things should be.

I don't usually answer comments or posts like this because a zillion others will do it for me, but this one is harmless....

In the 5+ years I've been on this game, the only new skill I've seen before this was Dungeoneering, and they did exactly the same thing. All the 'free' and 'bonus' methods of gaining xp like all those you listed were held out of use for the first 2 weeks or so. It was to give everybody a fair chance to start, (or something like that). They (Jagex) have already stated, (the same as they did with Dungeoneering,) that all these methods of 'free' and 'bonus' xp will come in a week or two. Just be patient. Hope this helps. :)

22-Aug-2013 09:37:09

Luicas

Luicas

Posts: 730 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

All the 'free' and 'bonus' methods of gaining xp were held out of use for the first 2 weeks or so. It was to give everybody a fair chance to start.

I like that word
fair
you used there. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just be patient.

One of my virtues. I'm the idiot who does things the hard way.

22-Aug-2013 09:54:14

Apple Senior

Apple Senior

Posts: 123 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

All the 'free' and 'bonus' methods of gaining xp were held out of use for the first 2 weeks or so. It was to give everybody a fair chance to start.

I like that word
fair
you used there. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just be patient.

One of my virtues. I'm the idiot who does things the hard way.

OMG Lmfao!
So am I !!! :P

22-Aug-2013 09:58:05

Hobbes14
Oct Member 2022

Hobbes14

Posts: 10,102 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Been training the new skill for a little bit now and I do like it....but I just wish there was a bit more variety to the skill. Currently it just seems like you go from one rift to the next? Where is the choice and variety? It would have been nice if there was just a little bit more to the skill....

As for the speed, from what I've experienced so far it seems perfectly fine and judging by the levels some people already currently have it is definitely plenty fast enough. You can't expect to have a 99 overnight.

Reward wise I haven't really looked into it enough, although at first glace there doesn't seem to be much there for me, but I suppose the same can be said for other skills as well.

22-Aug-2013 10:18:35

ZixyLixy

ZixyLixy

Posts: 40 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Training for now is not too bad as changing areas often, not seen the area for 90 plus but will it not get crowded if people are going to be there for longer?

Only thing I can think of is there would eventually be allot of people there fighting over the same things.

22-Aug-2013 11:43:40

Azash
Jan Member 2023

Azash

Posts: 99 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So far I haven't enjoyed this skill at all. I am only level 35 though, so that could change. And I hope it does. But so far all I've seen is a slower version of Runespan. Runespan v2.0. I don't mind getting slow xp/h as long as the skill I'm training is enjoyable, and this most certainly is not. It's the same thing all the way to 99, at least on other gathering skills you have other options. For example you may choose to do ivy for 99 woodcutting because it is a bit more afk than arctic pines, or you may choose to do arctic pines because it's faster xp/h. There is no variation in this skill. I hope they are planning to release other ways of training the skill. Because if not, I think getting this skill to 99 will take me forever

22-Aug-2013 13:12:19 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2013 14:32:01 by Azash

Korea
Aug Member 2023

Korea

Posts: 1,819 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Such an undeveloped skill. The graphics guys didn't have any time to change the appearance of the wisps so that they look different at different locations/levels?
¸,•
°´
•¸

,›
°°
·'
,.¸
osrs lgbt
'
,¸¸
,' .
`›,