Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

Ajm Link
Nov Member 2021

Ajm Link

Posts: 6,218 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it's runespan intermixed with a sped up version of bonfires with lesser XP rates of running ess to the air alter. The lore behind the stat is pretty bad too.

RuneSpan explanation:
• You find a creature then you proceed to siphon it
• you siphon energy from the creatures of runespan much like you siphon energy from wisps
• Occasionally a node that gives better XP appears
• basically copy-pasted siphon animation
• nodes last approximately 10 siphons
• Majorly afk-able.

Reasons how it's not Runespan:
• Runespan only consumes about 15 inventory spots and has stackable lootations, this doesn't.
• Runespan has more than 2 sets of graphics

Bonfire Explanation:
• You add your energy into the ditch
• You receive XP for adding energy to it
• can be afk'd

Reasons how it's not Bonfires:
• No random fire spirits

Ess running Explanation:
• XP is trash
• Even with passive XP buffs, the XP is trash

Reasons how it's not Running Essence:
• It's less XP than running rune essence an hour.

Lore is bad Explanation:
• Guthix's death = divination skill. So guthix was holding the planet together?
• If guthix was holding the planet together, wouldn't the elder gods step in and stabilize it since it was their ''perfect creation''?
• What happens whenever any other god dies via world event? Do we get a skill dedicated to Zamorak or Saradomin?

The rewards from the entire stat sound ill-satisfactory as well. You can find alternate means and acquire most of the resources more effectively through drop tables. If we're using portals to summon resources, why can't we just test fairy codes and stubble onto a dimension with a stockpile or work with whatshisface who opened the portal to runespan and find more resources elsewhere?

I'm also having a hard time believing how this will support a Resource Consumption skill aswell. We already use our gathered resources to make signs/porters/XP perma-buffs, what are we using for the next skill exactly? Don't tell me it'll be like resource dungeons.

20-Aug-2013 21:41:47

Queenmom

Queenmom

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please do something about the rude people that are putting out cannons, banners, bbq pits, music boxes and beach balls. We are having enough trouble clicking on the little balls without the rude people adding to it.

20-Aug-2013 22:06:11

Perseus
Apr Member 2010

Perseus

Posts: 787 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not yet sure if I really love this new skill, or really hate it. I think the rewards are great, the gameplay of it isn't bad either, but the xp is slow. It may just be because I'm such a low level that the xp isn't as high as my other skills which are all 80+. I think a divination guild would be very.. interesting but I can't see it working being as the camp npc's aren't very advanced. I think that when the 2nd skill is released that a guild for either, or maybe a joint guild would make it feel much more... connected. I'm not sure if I like divination yet, but I've been divining since the update so that has to say something!

20-Aug-2013 22:09:01

Edgeworth
Nov Member 2023

Edgeworth

Posts: 368 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
it's runespan intermixed with a sped up version of bonfires with lesser XP rates of running ess to the air alter. The lore behind the stat is pretty bad too.

Lore is bad Explanation:
• Guthix's death = divination skill. So guthix was holding the planet together?
• If guthix was holding the planet together, wouldn't the elder gods step in and stabilize it since it was their ''perfect creation''?
• What happens whenever any other god dies via world event? Do we get a skill dedicated to Zamorak or Saradomin?

I see you have completed almost every quest so I'll answer you questions for the bad lore.

1) A majority of Guthix's life force was connected to the Anima Mundi, which of course is the life force for Gielinor. When Guthix died, the energy that he possessed was released, and due to Guthix being connected to the Mundi, it was harmed as well, resulting in these craters in the earth.

2) If you found the Missing Ga'al after TBOE, you can learn that the Elder Gods no longer speak to the Tokhaar as they originally did, and have rested upon the land. From this, we can assume that a majority of the Elder Gods are dead.

3) Refer to Point 1. Additionally, Guthix was a Tier 2 God (strongest of the Tier 2 Gods & was almost as powerful as the Elder Gods), while Papa Smurf and Zammy are only on the Third Tier.
Batman is Bruce Wayne.

20-Aug-2013 22:12:16

Ajm Link
Nov Member 2021

Ajm Link

Posts: 6,218 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

I see you have completed almost every quest so I'll answer you questions for the bad lore.

1) A majority of Guthix's life force was connected to the Anima Mundi, which of course is the life force for Gielinor. When Guthix died, the energy that he possessed was released, and due to Guthix being connected to the Mundi, it was harmed as well, resulting in these craters in the earth.

2) If you found the Missing Ga'al after TBOE, you can learn that the Elder Gods no longer speak to the Tokhaar as they originally did, and have rested upon the land. From this, we can assume that a majority of the Elder Gods are dead.

3) Refer to Point 1. Additionally, Guthix was a Tier 2 God (strongest of the Tier 2 Gods & was almost as powerful as the Elder Gods), while Papa Smurf and Zammy are only on the Third Tier.

The only quests I didn't complete was the remakes of demon slayer and the new Black Knight's Fortress.

1. Guthix's life and the Anima Mundi. So a world without an overseeing god suddenly rips the world apart so easily despite Guthix being in rest and not trying to influence the world at all with his powers for years and years despite the Elder Gods creating it way before Guthix's arrival and it did just fine?

2. It only says they do not speak, but never reveals that they are completely gone.

3. God Tiers apparently don't mean anything if anyone can kill them using the Elder Artifacts.

So this leads us to question. Why is something vulnerable able to stablize life? and if that's a possibility then clearly another can take that place and keep the planet from destroying itself.

Also, Divination pools resemble that of the idea behind TBoL, so why wasn't Divination just released then if it's literally the same concept lore-wise?

20-Aug-2013 22:24:18 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2013 22:25:36 by Ajm Link

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top