Forums

Abandon Google's reCAPTCHA

Quick find code: 278-279-796-66165623

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iceberg said :
It would seem Google's reCAPTCHA has been reinstated to the website login.

:(
Some days I get it as few as once, other days I get it dozen of times (given I use forums for ~15 hours a day). I'm starting to get used to it though... ^_^
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

17-Sep-2020 05:55:07

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,097 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm said :
Hello to the new, non Google Captcha

I'm very impressed with the latest addition to clue scrolls Jagex has implemented. It may fare better in the actual game however.

Captcha is now provided by https://www.geetest.com/en

I've been getting that when I log
out
of the main website/forums. So far I haven't had the log in google captcha again.... it might come back if others have had it. :(

17-Sep-2020 11:07:04

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,605 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, uh, bumping this up again.

Rather than loading the CAPTCHA upon attempting to log in, the following loads:

The highlighted support article, by the way, links to http://ds.tl/help-third-party-plugins.

This link does not work... mainly since ds.tl (seemingly) no longer operates.
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

30-Sep-2020 20:03:01

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,941 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bumping this up again myself, as the current Captcha solution has started getting extremely intrusive the last few days, including in the last few minutes.

I've been logged into the forums for about an hour this afternoon. I did not have any Captcha when I logged into the site. However, in the last 5 minutes, I had a Captcha when I...

- Attempted to open a thread.
- Attempted to advance to the next page in that thread.
- Again, after solving the first Captcha (and it highlighting it as being successfully solved), I was asked to solve it once more.
- Attempted to post a response on a different thread and was asked to solve it again. After successful completion, I was asked by my browser if I wanted to resubmit my submission - I did, and the post was only posted once thankfully.

That's extremely intrusive to me - it makes my navigation around the forums quite annoying to be prompted that often.

There is nothing peculiar with my browser - its pretty much stock Firefox on this machine, and my browsing habits aren't strange either. This has only started this past weekend - I experienced similar yesterday, but haven't prior to that. Previously, it was the occasional prompt at login.

25-Oct-2020 21:10:13

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I get it a lot more than I'd want too. I use the forums roughly 14 hours give or take a day.

What I do is leave forum directory open and then open new subforums in a new tab. What this does is it keeps me logged in from my former tab. The log in stays on for roughly 4-6 hours that I recall, so I go through captcha roughly 4 times a day.

At bad times it will appear while I'm posting. Not sure why, could be that I have a fair 8-10 tabs open at all times, but it's getting very annoying. Now I've built a habit of copying my posts before posting. :O
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

25-Oct-2020 21:18:54

Quick find code: 278-279-796-66165623 Back to Top