Forums

Remove captcha on forums.

Quick find code: 278-279-776-66218003

Amaterasu Mi
Nov Member 2007

Amaterasu Mi

Posts: 11,943 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just had one that said "Click on all tiles containing vehicles."

The vehicle in the picture was entirely within the bottom two rows of the picture, so I clicked them all.

The algorithm wasn't satisfied, so it gave me another picture to look at/click on. :@

I don't want to play roulette every time I try to enter the forums....so please remove captcha.

I understand the need for security, perhaps something else will be more suitable.

Because captcha is rubbish.

05-Jun-2021 14:56:43 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2021 14:57:16 by Amaterasu Mi

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Amaterasu Mi, the only way to avoid being pestered by captcha is to use the website-links in The Lobby of RuneScape as that bypasses the 'rubbish'.
To safeguard The RuneScape Official Forums form malicious attacks captcha does its work as long as Jagex/Jmods needs it.
I know I too get caught every now and than but that's when I login through the website rather than through RuneScape. :)

05-Jun-2021 16:03:02

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I find the program saying click here to prove your not a bot just as annoying. Got a bot asking me to prove I'm not one...
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

05-Jun-2021 21:13:08

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal said :
I'm confused about why I sometimes get the "I'm not a bot" interface pop up when I log
out
. I can understand it when people log
in
but why have it when people are leaving the site?? O_o
Same happens here. To water out the technical explanation, think of it like this: You use the same door to, both, go in and out of your house. The bot detection is like a guard hired at the door that's been told to validate anyone using the door, so the guard doesn't care whether you're coming in or going out.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

07-Jun-2021 00:02:00

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello people, you can keep fishing how it works, I can assure you that you won't find enough hypothesis to wrap your mind around it to understand how to avoid captcha. Now it is there, the next day it isn't, and the following day it is throwing you off your nerves making you angry.
Captcha does what it needs to do, it keeps away malicious intruders safeguarding us as much as it can to protect our precious game and its credentials we all want to keep safe at all times.
I throw away all internet data the moment I close my browser (often, daily) and I have less to no issue with captcha. :)
Don't try to fight it as it will fight you.
I too have my off days like you all, captcha telling me that among the horrible pictures there's still one I need to click, which always makes me think 'do it yourself if you know better' but captcha doesn't work that way. :)

07-Jun-2021 09:40:31

Quick find code: 278-279-776-66218003 Back to Top