Forums

Remove captcha on forums.

Quick find code: 278-279-776-66218003

Formulite
Sep Member 2021

Formulite

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mexk said :
I do not mind so much having to complete a CAPTCHA when continuously connecting through different IPs and devices. However, having authorised on one IP and device pair, the CAPTCHA should not trigger the same way the two-step verification prompt should not trigger thanks to the cookie already stored.

Oh no. Don't give them any ideas. Next the'll require us to provide our authenticator when hopping worlds.
USER WAS
PROMOTED
FOR THIS POST

27-Sep-2021 13:19:08

Chief Elf
Apr Member 2017

Chief Elf

Posts: 5,115 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex,

Really hope you’ll listen to my petition. Please reduce the frequency of captcha. I find that this is a massive challenge for thread makers, especially for those who want to add a design to their thread posts. When you’re designing your post with signatures, borders or little art, you’re gonna be repeatedly editing your post to get it right. It’s frustrating to deal with the captcha every few ‘previews’ or so. Please, at least reduce the frequency of the captcha questions.

There’s also another issue with captcha. I’m not sure why, but sometimes the captcha refreshes itself before you can complete selecting the pictures. You can imagine how frustrating this can get when you’re almost done with the captcha only to have to do it again. Then, add the fact that you have to do it every few times or so.

The third issue with captcha - once you make a long post .. you might get captcha’d. If you get captcha’d, then your post will show up as empty so you need to back paddle a couple of pages. It doesn’t just post or update the message.

Edit: Literally was captcha’d after this post.
Mental Health
|
Sweaty Fingers
|
Mod Meadows

03-Oct-2021 06:00:49 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2021 06:02:07 by Chief Elf

Ms Toxicity
Jul
fmod Member

Ms Toxicity

Forum Moderator Posts: 78,314 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did not mind the odd Captcha, when logging into the forums. However, the frequency of these events is ridiculous. I thought my security settings were triggering them but it is, literally, a Captcha event every two or three forum pages. :@

Please review the frequency, as it is affecting the community negatively.
Forum Help

03-Oct-2021 06:24:09

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is really weird to me - I rarely get Captcha'd when logging in to the forums, and never while browsing them.

The only thing I can think of is... I have Recaptcha.net permitted (i.e. excepted) in my script blocker (NoScript, version for Firefox). Since Captcha is a cross-site thing that apparently uses your history to determine whether you need to be asked to do a puzzle, perhaps this is it?

Dunno. Just throwing ideas out there.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

03-Oct-2021 08:33:03

Colin560

Colin560

Posts: 170 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So for about two weeks I was getting captchas everyday and every couple of forums posts having to do more. Now either they fixed it or what I think actually fixed it for me was turning off Ublock Origin for the Runescape Website. I think something in Ublock was setting it off as I haven't needed a captcha since really turning it off.

13-Oct-2021 20:13:28

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh they found me again. I've read the statement Jagex made about the captcha and tbh it makes no sense. In reality it seems like they punish some players for a while then move on to other victims.

Google that is, because we all know Jagex has absolutely nothing to do with how their site is presented.

14-Oct-2021 14:01:34

Quick find code: 278-279-776-66218003 Back to Top